Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One Who Wants The New Anima/animus Warframe To Be Male? ._.

Trickst3rGawd

In all honesty I actually wish it would just be male, and that they stick with the regular rotation (which apparently still isn't good enough for some). I am so sick and tired of all the faux first world gender drama infesting everything these days. Even something as simple and fun as gaming isn't safe anymore. Trying to be creative just leads to more outrage and whining these days. 

.... This frame has NOTHING to do with that "gender drama". People may say it does, but this frame is meant to be an embodiment of Yin and Yang - dual forces together that represent opposites; light to dark, valleys to mountain, men to women. Because of that, this frame, to properly convey the theme of its inspiration, ought to hit on as many of those as possible (and as one of the first that comes to mind is "male and female" aspect of it, that one's a given.

The drama from this is going to be awful...

.... This frame has NOTHING to do with that "gender drama". People may say it does, but this frame is meant to be an embodiment of Yin and Yang - dual forces together that represent opposites; light to dark, valleys to mountain, men to women. Because of that, this frame, to properly convey the theme of its inspiration, ought to hit on as many of those as possible (and as one of the first that comes to mind is "male and female" aspect of it, that one's a given.

That's the point I'm making. The creative aspect (yin/yang) is going to be devoured by FAUX "gender drama". So just play it safe by keeping it simple for the simpleminded.

Honestly, guys (and gals), in order for the Backstory to retroactively make sense based on game mechanics, there was probably an original Tenno (child of Zariman) for each frame type. I believe these Tenno/children came back from the Void both gifted and cursed. They had tremendous power, but it was largely uncontrollable and very destructive to both their bodies and anyone nearby.

The Warframes we use are copies of true original success stories, a frame that adapted/molded to the powers, personality, and imagination of the Tenno and allowed for identity to be retained as his/her body destabilized into energy.

The frames physically molded into the semblance of their host, and that's it.

Current Tenno are energy that can move between (or control) these copied frames as we acquire them.

It explains physical size and specific sex discrepancy as well as the ability to revive through an energy boost.

A simple analogy: The Liset is (like) an aircraft carrier, you (your Tenno) are a fighter pilot, and the frames are various fighter aircraft.

As I've said before, I think Frames are Sentients tainted by the Void, and in agony, who willingly bond with a Tenno to form it's frame and find peace...symbiosis through the Technocyte Virus that is mutually beneficial.

The Orokin won the war when they found a way to mass produce and weaponize these frames and perhaps even the Tenno.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Honestly, guys (and gals), in order for the Backstory to retroactively make sense based on game mechanics, there was probably an original Tenno (child of Zariman) for each frame type. I believe these Tenno/children came back from the Void both gifted and cursed. They had tremendous power, but it was largely uncontrollable and very destructive to both their bodies and anyone nearby.

The Warframes we use are copies of true original success stories, a frame that adapted/molded to the powers, personality, and imagination of the Tenno and allowed for identity to be retained as his/her body destabilized into energy.

The frames physically molded into the semblance of their host, and that's it.

Current Tenno are energy that can move between (or control) these copied frames as we acquire them.

It explains physical size and specific sex discrepancy as well as the ability to revive through an energy boost.

A simple analogy: The Liset is (like) an aircraft carrier, you (your Tenno) are a fighter pilot, and the frames are various fighter aircraft.

As I've said before, I think Frames are Sentients tainted by the Void, and in agony, who willingly bond with a Tenno to form it's frame and find peace...symbiosis through the Technocyte Virus that is mutually beneficial.

The Orokin won the war when they found a way to mass produce and weaponize these frames and perhaps even the Tenno.

The Crewman lore would imply that exposure to the Void would kill a Sentient. How would combing them with something that is further tainted by Void energy ALLEVIATE ANYTHING?

I'm with you UNTIL you talk about original Tenno who had specific powers. To me its the Warframes (be they Technocyte Infested creatures or merely suits) that define our powers while the Tenno that pilot them given them the touch of the Void that permeates them, follows them, and influences everything they touch to some extent (the Void Shadow). Hence why the creature in the Rhino Codex, Mutalist Mesa, and the Chroma from The New Strange could all use their powers despite not having Tenno (you can argue that the Rhino-creature was an original Tenno, but the Narrator had worked on countless creatures like it while never knowing the Zariman had even returned from the Void - I think it was something else). The burning that happened to Kaleen is what happens when someone approaches a Tenno without the proper safeties in place (imagine if you put your face up to an exposed nuclear reactor).

This reminds me of my own theory i posted in the Tenno energy theory thread. I don't think Warframes are Sentients though but i do believe they share a common link. The Orokin seemed to be very adept at creating living metal/machines, a combination of organics and hardware.

you know if this is supposed to be male and female than didnt you already get what you wanted? If you want it to be a new male just use the male form. If you want it to be a female use the female form. Just because it has the ability to switch modes "gender" in battle dosnt mean you have to use it.

And we can't forgot that there a lot of males that have thin waist, take limbo for example. I think volt have similar body type to animus.

Ya, I was saying that the waste/shoulder waste/hip ratios changed between them. I was arguing that was is clearly more masculine and one clearly more feminine based on those ratios.

Agreed. I think people are trying to make an issue where there isn't one.

That said I'm curious what they'll do with the next warframe. If this one is going to be male as well as female (or androgynous), will the next warframe be fully female?

i just want them to show what it does... i'm actually excited for this one, so i don't care about gender........much. . I kinda want both male and female since that's what it points towards in the concept art. So i hope they do not deviate much from it  since it looked amazing.

If they do though...... well as long as its fun to play and Anima is the opposite of Animus power wise, i'll be happy.

One hope i have is that the theme of being ying and yang wasn't wasted on the fact that it would have duel gender transformation.......that would really really just be a waste of theme with all they could do with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just sayin', from AGGP's Equinox video:

"DISCLAIMER: For those wondering about the pronouns used when addressing Equinox I have it confirmed by DERebecca that Equinox in BOTH aspects is female.

"My wording will always be: Here is Equinox, she has two forms. Day form is her masculine form, which deals damage. Night is her feminine." - Rebecca"

Not that it matters, just thought it was relevant here if nowhere else.