Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your First Warframe

Paradoxbomb

Just a general question for the heck of it. Of the three starter Warframes, which one did you pick? (and were you happy with your choice?)

For me it was Loki, because FREAKIN' INVISIBLE. How about you?

(Sorry if this topic already exists, couldn't find one).

Edited by Paradoxbomb

I picked Mag, but that was long before her rework. Didn't dislike her, but dropped her as soon as I his mastery 4 for Rhino; still long before Rhino's several nerfs/reworks. I've since settled nicely into Nyx being my favorite frame, though I own, play, and enjoy all of them. Can't wait for necro!

I picked Loki because I thought his powers sounded interesting and thought stealth was going to be a viable way to progress in the game.

To be honest though, as much as I like Loki, when it all comes down to it, he was just a vessel to get me to Trinity.

I picked Loki because I thought his powers sounded interesting and thought stealth was going to be a viable way to progress in the game.

To be honest though, as much as I like Loki, when it all comes down to it, he was just a vessel to get me to Trinity.

True, stealth was (and still is) a bit underwhelming in the beginning, not to mention I wasn't aware you couldn't actually use any abilities from the get go. So I probably spent a good 30 minutes cowering in fear expertly evading those Lancers and loud as hell Sawmen on the Terminus. Ah, takes me back...

Still maining Loki though, some great utility and useful both alone and on a team if you know what you're doing.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

Volt, because I liked the idea of a tactical mage.

my god

all these poor souls didn't pick loki....

you realise you haven't even really started playing yet

I made an alt, picked Loki...

Reset that account, picked Excal insead. Call me a noob, but I thought playing Loki was needlessly difficult without good mods. I made a Loki on my main, and by gawd I love playing him.

I picked Excalibur since I wanted an all-around kind of frame where he could be useful in almost anything but depend on player skill to work it's full potential.

Also, back then, the choice was not Mag but Volt and I wasn't too interested in a 'caster' frame just yet. And besides, I knew I'd eventually work out crafting the rest of them.

Edited by Wiegraf

I chose Volt but mostly used his speed and electric shield. His #1 and #4 abilities were underwhelming. I liked Loki better and chose to use that for a long while. Learned to appreciate playing carefully with decoy and invisibility after playing with 75 health and 75 shields for a long while after the mod change because I had some trouble finding a redirection and vitality.

Now my favourite is Banshee. I use sonar for damage and sound quake for CC. Sometimes I equip sonic boom on defense.

Edited by Inofor

I picked Excalibur since I wanted an all-around kind of frame where he could be useful in almost anything but depend on player skill to work it's full potential.

Also, back then, the choice was not Loki but Volt and I wasn't too interested in a 'caster' frame just yet. And besides, I knew I'd eventually work out crafting the rest of them.

I though it was Excalibur, Loki, and Volt. Volt got the boot from Mag, no?