Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endgame Idea

NovaTronX

Dear DE,

Please add endgame to the game so that "veterans" will stop whining. All you have to do is fix raids, make it better, and then add new rewards. First, make it locked to only MR 20 and above. Second, add either new weapons, or add Exalted Weapons as an actual item. Having Exalted Blade with another frame is something I would call endgame. Or add more Umbral mods into the game that you can only get from Endgame raids. Just an idea, let me know what you guys think!

first off why lock it off raids to MR 20+ ?

they do add new weapons only they're focusing more on bigger content updates.  no, exalted weapons should NOT be an actual weapon that other frames can use and i wouldnt call that endgame, i don't think anyone would.

i don't think that there should be more umbal mods because they all cost 16 when maxed and if there are 8 of them builds for umbra frames will be all the same build

15 minutes ago, NovaTronX said:

All you have to do is fix raids,

If only it was that easy. DE cannot just fix Raids. They are working on Railjack, which I believe they intend to replace Raids with. 

• Why is an MR20 restriction a good idea? What can an MR20 do that an MR19 cannot? Or an MR10 for that matter.

Using Exalted weapons on the wrong frames is a terrible idea. Why does it make sense for Zephyr to use Peacemaker? That is not endgame.

I would not object to more umbra mods. But endgame Raids are not happening. And there would be no point in additional umbra mods if we cannot polarise the polarity in. You cannot fully mod a frame with just Umbra mods unless you can polarise the slot.

56 minutes ago, NovaTronX said:

All you have to do is fix raids,

Would you rather have more open areas or have them fix the raids for the next few years?

The reason they stopped raids is because the amount of fixing it needed per week was so much that it slowed down the development process. It is slow enough as it is. The Eidolons and SpiderBosses are a step on the right direction. But the Eidolons are still just massive bullet sponges. They did mention that the spiderbosses would require some other mechanics to beat, and I hope it does feel more raid like. 

1 hour ago, NovaTronX said:

MR 20 and above

gating content is never a good idea. You can choose not to have those players in your raid, but it shouldn't be a requirement by the game.

add either new weapons

wait..  new weapons? they can do that? 

add Exalted Weapons as an actual item. Having Exalted Blade with another frame is something I would call endgame

Why is this end game? We are strong enough as it is and you want every warframe to be able to use the ultimate abilities of other warframes? End game content is adding challenges to face not just about increasing power creep.

add more Umbral mods

yes, but again this is just power creep and not end game challenges. 

I was expecting a whole game mode from you're title, but alas I was disappointed. 

I don't need endgame. What I want is a challenge or something fun to do (high hopes for Fortuna's ship combat).

High MR restrictions are a very bad idea:
- high MR doesn't grant you great skill like a magical charm
- you exclude a huge part of the community from the content

For challenge I would love to see some hard skill demanding mission types. Predetermined loadouts (same chances for all), tough conditions, maybe a leaderboard for extra spice and tiered rewards depending on your results.

Restricting yourself just for the sake of it is not too much fun, if you're thrown in a tough weekly challenge mission with the same conditions for everybody, independent of MR, would be something else, however.

Let's face it, with the current arsenal at our disposal, there is no content in Warframe that can't be turned into a trivial farce with the right tool.

Maybe DE takes a good look at Monster Hunter World at some point, Capcom did a great job at making those hunts fun and challenging.

2 hours ago, NovaTronX said:

Please add endgame to the game so that "veterans" will stop whining

Yeah, this will stop them from whining.

add Exalted Weapons as an actual item

Nope.

All you have to do is fix raids

The problem was more than technical. There is no fixing a concept that has no support from the devs or a place in the overall aim of the game.

Or add more Umbral mods into the game that you can only get from Endgame raids.

Where does Umbra fit into this?

The people complaining about there being "nothing to do" once you've "gotten everything" need to realize that 90% of the games that DO have something to do at that point.... the "something" is fight each other. I used to be a strong advocate against PvP because I'm terrible, but then I realized that there's really only two uses for the "stuff" you collect in video games: A. Make the previous content that you did to get it easier. Because let's face it, why get new weapons if they're worse than the old ones? Or B. To level the playing field in PvP. Warframe is a PvE game at it's core, and even the PvP it does have, doesn't allow you to use the mods you worked so hard to get. And the mods are the real "meat and potatoes" of power creep.

So which would you rather have: "endgame" content with no rewards / useless rewards because any meaningful reward is gonna reduce the challenge once you have it, or one-shot-fest PvP where we're allowed to use everything we've acquired?

Edited by Snakeattack54
used the same phrase twice -_-

So first off, endgame content does need to be a thing, but your solutions here are nothing I would consider good.

The old raids sucked and were buggy and a money pit.  That's why they got removed.

Coming up with ideas for rewards I don't think is good from you if you're not in that class since you don't know what they value... additionally MORE power is generally a bad idea at that level since it just means more power creep at the top tier... is that really what you want?

Even if it is, there is an entire horde on the forum that won't stop crying for nerfs for everything all day, so you might want to think about that.

Am 24.8.2018 um 07:03 schrieb Toran:

I don't need endgame. What I want is a challenge or something fun to do (high hopes for Fortuna's ship combat).

High MR restrictions are a very bad idea:
- high MR doesn't grant you great skill like a magical charm
- you exclude a huge part of the community from the content 

For challenge I would love to see some hard skill demanding mission types. Predetermined loadouts (same chances for all), tough conditions, maybe a leaderboard for extra spice and tiered rewards depending on your results. 

Restricting yourself just for the sake of it is not too much fun, if you're thrown in a tough weekly challenge mission with the same conditions for everybody, independent of MR, would be something else, however. 

Let's face it, with the current arsenal at our disposal, there is no content in Warframe that can't be turned into a trivial farce with the right tool.

Maybe DE takes a good look at Monster Hunter World at some point, Capcom did a great job at making those hunts fun and challenging.

I agree mostly with your opinion. I would really love to see some challenging content in the future to give people a goal to get the most out of their gear, to think about tactics and teamcombination to overcome those challenges and rewards which can only be gained there.

I know that there are people who will say "I don't need that" - but just because you don't, don't deny us our fun.

I don't like the idea of predetermined loadouts, because it takes away a reason to farm stuff if you are not that pkmn type of player. There has not to be an even playingfield, but I understand, that it can be challenging with (almost) all the weapons and frames to accomplish something that will still be fair. For that matter I think it would be okay to ban weapons who would destroy mechanics (e.g. if you 1shot everything with the opticor) so that it can't be turned into a trivial farce if there's no way around it.