Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the point of Void status effect?

BladeRambler

Seriously, what is the point of this effect? It appears to be a bullet attractor like Mag's magnetize ability, but doesn't work at all like it, I can't even tell if it improves damage. It doesn't even contain the #4 scaffold disc or even affect the #4 rapid fire prism; so if it's useless for amps, what are we supposed to rely on this little bubble for? Help me out because my testing is showing absolutely zero reasons why I should rely on this status, and the Wikia info is equally vague.

5 minutes ago, BladeRambler said:

Help me out because my testing is showing absolutely zero reasons why I should rely on this status

The only reason I have found is Virtuos Fury. You get a chance at increased damage with the proc. It can also attract bullets/Amp attacks. It is a too small to be that useful though.

yeah, it's not amazing, but AFAIK, there aren't any enemies that can resist Void Damage, or not very well anyway. the short range is to prevent it being better than Scourge or Mag's attractors. you could also count removing Sentient resistances as an additional effect, though I think instead of the mini-bubble it should have a new passive. enemies affected by void explode into Energy when they die or something, IDK.

It seems to redirect the projectiles from the Shwaak Prism and Shraksun Scaffold, but that's about it. It really needs more consistency, if it affected Phahd's disk then it might be worth something again after the nerf.

5 hours ago, B3A5TMUPH1N said:

I'd assume it also affects mods that increase in effect per status on the target

The problem here is that there's exactly one mod that does that, that being Condition Overload, and switching to Operator, shooting your amp a few times until Void procs, and continuing to hit the target is a lot more inefficient and clunky than just hitting the target without all that fancy setup for one whole stack of Condition Overload.