Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Access to arsenal between defense segments

Surditas

As I and probably many other players use the "defense" mode for grinding it is especially time consuming to
leave after a certain round just to put in that one mod and start the mission again..
I could think of a quick access to the arsenal after each 5 rounds, where players can leave/stay, to be able to put in
mods for the weapons that now have enough capacity.
This could be time limited to prevent abuse.

It would help a lot focusing on playing the game rather than looking at the loading screen between missions and the ship.

And so the others in the group would need to wait for 'you' to finish changing your weapons between each 5 rounds... you do know that it took AGES to get DE to remove the mandatory counter between rounds so we have what we have now because people didn't like waiting so this is a no thanks from me. 

Also I know it's me but this just screams of players leeching for longer because 'my weapons are doing no damage' because you've just swapped to a weak one again....

Why not just let us access it in the spawn room the same way we can in Cetus, but then disable it for the rest of the map?

Mind you, there's probably technical reason - a similar issue to Cetus where you see everyone else as shadowy Excals until their frame loads and pops in. Those placeholder Excals aren't really an issue in a hub, but mid combat it could be an issue. Also, in the hub their stats may not be loaded, just their appearance.

The entire point of these missions is to see how far your setup can carry you from mission start. What you're asking for here would negate the entire purpose of it, and let you change your build reactively as the mission goes on. No thank you. If you want to install that extra mod, you can go back to your Orbiter and apply it.

On 2018-09-01 at 1:22 PM, AgentSkye said:

Or with a gear item. Could be a landing craft support to call down an arsenal pod thing that either lasts for a certain amount of time or a certain number of uses.

Now that's actually a pretty interesting idea. I would love to see more landing crafts with more options, like a heavy gunship with an air support machine gun, for focused damage on one spot, or a landing craft charge that essentially amounted to a temporary Frost bubble without the Frost, or, like you said, a temporary arsenal drop. Though, I think it should be limited, perhaps to a single weapon loadout that drops down, you pick it up, and it switches out your current equipped weapon to the corresponding weapon in the landing craft loadout. For example, you brought Akmagnus to an Infested survival sortie, and the Impact damage is doing you no favors. You know your landing craft loadout has Akjagara in it, so you switch to your secondary, drop the landing craft charge, pick it up, and now you have Akjagara equipped instead.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Private_Ventures said:

Now that's actually a pretty interesting idea. I would love to see more landing crafts with more options, like a heavy gunship with an air support machine gun, for focused damage on one spot, or a landing craft charge that essentially amounted to a temporary Frost bubble without the Frost, or, like you said, a temporary arsenal drop. Though, I think it should be limited, perhaps to a single weapon loadout that drops down, you pick it up, and it switches out your current equipped weapon to the corresponding weapon in the landing craft loadout. For example, you brought Akmagnus to an Infested survival sortie, and the Impact damage is doing you no favors. You know your landing craft loadout has Akjagara in it, so you switch to your secondary, drop the landing craft charge, pick it up, and now you have Akjagara equipped instead.

Long time no see stranger.

Just now, (PS4)Private_Ventures said:

HEY! Purple! What's shakin, baby? It's been a while, bromigo.

Just realizing that you and one other person I have on my friends list I actually see here fairly often. Though the other one I noticed a few days ago and wondered how I could be so slow, anyways let's try not to Veer from the original topic too much.

Just now, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

Just realizing that you and one other person I have on my friends list I actually see here fairly often. Though the other one I noticed a few days ago and wondered how I could be so slow, anyways let's try not to Veer from the original topic too much.

Actually, I literally just made my first post, lol.

And as for the topic, I think it would be a terrible decision to let us change up our gear in the middle of a mission, at least without limits. I like the idea of having a select weapon to switch out, like maybe you're normally packing a Tigris, but you decide a Vectis would be better for the mission, or something, but I don't like the idea of just being able to completely switch loadouts on the fly. Seems unreasonable, unrealistic, and pretty unfair.

That having been said, I would love to see the option of an arsenal in dojo duel arenas.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Private_Ventures said:

Actually, I literally just made my first post, lol.

And as for the topic, I think it would be a terrible decision to let us change up our gear in the middle of a mission, at least without limits. I like the idea of having a select weapon to switch out, like maybe you're normally packing a Tigris, but you decide a Vectis would be better for the mission, or something, but I don't like the idea of just being able to completely switch loadouts on the fly. Seems unreasonable, unrealistic, and pretty unfair.

That having been said, I would love to see the option of an arsenal in dojo duel arenas.

I was thinking something more like the idea suggested allowing us to mod till someone touches pod ring.

That way you have at least a little more time to change sh¡t up incase someone decides it'd be funny to press the start timer button.

And you know how we have that press square to change loadouts on the star map? 

Make something like that using like l2/1 r2/1 or whichever one isn't already in use for deciding to stay or go and place our loadouts on the right of the decision menu and gear wheel on the left every 5-10 waves.

That way for people in defense's and you level what you need to, you might feel a little more inclined to stick around for a endurance or something by actually letting me or whoever use an actual loadout.

Speaking of endurance's I should try for one of those, because I think the last time I did that was back when we were doing ODD's for void keys back before the relic system was interduced almost like a year? Year and a half ago?

Might've done one since then but if so it was solo and that just isn't as memorable as With Friends.

Just now, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

And you know how we have that press square to change loadouts on the star map? 

Make something like that using like l2/1 r2/1 or whichever one isn't already in use for deciding to stay or go and place our loadouts on the right of the decision menu and gear wheel on the left every 5-10 waves.

This sounds like a good idea. Limit us to premade loadouts, both to save on time, and to prevent abuse.

1 minute ago, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

Speaking of endurance's I should try for one of those, because I think the last time I did that was back when we were doing ODD's for void keys back before the relic system was interduced almost like a year? Year and a half ago?

I remember that. That was back when I was still playing Volt lol. I've since upgraded 😉

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Private_Ventures said:

This sounds like a good idea. Limit us to premade loadouts, both to save on time, and to prevent abuse.

I remember that. That was back when I was still playing Volt lol. I've since upgraded 😉

And I was playing Volt Prime and after two years that's still practically all I ever do.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Private_Ventures said:

Volt Prime is one of my three mains. Along with her, it's Ember Prime, (accelerant build), and still Mesa. Can't get enough Mesa. Gotta get my dose of Mesa. Mmm... Mesa.

I experiment with other frames from time to time especially seeing as I have like 23 of them or something mainly due to prime hoarding and quest frames.

But yeah I'm especially fond of dabbling in my Khora and I'd like to maybe try limbo once I finally get around to finishing his prime.

I believe the arsenal access between rounds can be exploited to the team's disadvantage by oh! so many leechers, like @LSG501 said.
But I also think that we could be given the option to switch between the 3 configurations mid-fight (not to mention I think I remember watching a vid with a team running a 7h+ survival where the person recording the vid was changing his gear inside the mission, but I believe it was not happening on a PC). It would make more sense having them, both on the frames and on the weaponry. Even more so for endless missions or ESO.

Of course, the OP hints at people wanting to continue a run after their weapon reached a certain level, because the things go smooth. It's unpleasant if that player or weapon are otherwise just decorations inside a more challenging mission. Just as it is unpleasant when players quit (E)SO between reward round simply because they maxed out their gear. Funny thing is, for the most part, a player leveling a weapon will stay till the end of a reward zone at least, if not for the whole rotation, while a leecher won't. So, how about not adding more systems that encourage leeching and half-afk'ing?

For the OP to be viable, the game would also have to pool together players with the same aggregate efficiency/kills/damage/abilities used when running public missions and maybe also have the option to vote-kick/report players for leeching or afk'ing.

I personally would like a defense mode that is designed for long play time; start with your weapons but their mods are disabled; and earn points via achievements in each round to unlock your already equipped mods in between rounds or even during combat without stopping the flow, just find a safe place to to stand still and make the required clicks. Points award for basically being a good team player, to allow you to play better, if you have the right mods already equipped from the start.

*** As for the OP, I can see a Support Ship Arsenal Charge that's configurable like Specters. once its setup and saved that's it. you call the charge, drop a pod hat you interact with, which will swap out to the saved load out, then away the drop pod goes to return your original gear back to the drop ship. Have to find a limit on how frequent it could be used, what types of arsenal items can be swapped, and maybe a temporary(60 to 90 seconds) de-buff right after the change to make it more interesting, kind of a warm up period.