Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Failure Imminent during assassination?

RealHeftyTrout

I was fighting big boi Lephantis and during his second phase I got an alert saying "Mission Failure Imminent" and then something about eliminating enemies, but the only enemy was Lephantis, and then shortly after I failed the mission despite not actually failing it. I lost all of my precious neurodes and XP. Anyone know why this happened?

• Like 1

Well the timer for this is about 10 minutes IIRC, so I don't know what you were doing AFK for 10 minutes, but don't do that in the future and this can be avoided. The actual Lephantis fight periodically spawns enemies itself as well. It might not be the worst idea ever to leave some of the spawning pods alive if it takes you 10 minutes to get past the first phase of the fight.

Also, since you failed the mission, I assume you were playing solo. If you solo queue - and set your matchmaking to "Solo" - you can actually pause the game and that doesn't affect the AFK timer at all. 

Edited by TrickshotMcGee

I never had this with me and didn't even know about the existence of this feature even after playing for 2k hours...

All things said, Lephantis can take quite a while to kill and he is the most bugged boss out there. Not long ago it was extremely common that his Corpus head would never open, making virtually impossible to kill him...

I suppose taking too long for the fight can trigger the AFK timer ?

Though I didn't experience in while fighting Lephantis, I did experience on orokin moon exterminate mission
when I try to find the Orokin Principle Challenge rooms to unlock junction.

Taking too long or when kill-over-time drop below certain threshold seems to activate that.

Sadly that is a result of the afk timer. Once it triggers, I am afraid the mission is a bust usually. Just try again, and make sure to move a good distance and shoot enemies to kill them every few seconds. Ability kills and melee don't count natively.