Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus Wisps for Amps - Please Make Them Purchasable!

LyricRhapsody

Being only able to get up to (usually not) 4 in the daytime and up to (virtually never) 6 at nighttime, with how many we require for all of these various amp parts, the sheer amount of time required to farm these materials is absurd, especially with how little we get! Sure, resource boosters can help, but who wants to shell out that much platinum to get cetus wisps a tiny bit faster?!

PLEASE make Cetus Wisps purchasable! I don't care if it's with platinum, Ostron Standing, Quills Standing, whatever, but please oh PLEASE make them purchasable! I don't want to spend another 2-weeks straight farming nothing but cetus wisps in my spare time to get the next level of amp pieces! With my level of luck, it takes me a full day to get about 6-8 of these (and yes, I do use the community route that has been laid out on various wiki websites). 

I would literally shell out a ton of platinum to buy those wisps if I could because it's driven me to near insanity farming hours after hours to try and get these things. As a youtuber, I don't always get that much time to do this kind of farming since I'm my own sound and visual editor. Just like many others, I don't have the time to do this sort of thing! Sure, I have more time than others when it comes to gaming, but still even someone like myself can't devote THAT much time to get ONE weapon!  IDC how much plat you make them sellable for, even 100 platinum for 10 wisps, but please do SOMETHING to make it easier for people to get these! We need a purchasable alternative! I've talked to many people who are having to resort to farming wisps and we all agree that this is something the game desperately needs. 

technically you can buy them from Quills as is.
but i don't think you're really looking to be able to buy Wisps, i think what you're looking for is Gameplay Mechanics to acquire Wisps with, of which none currently exist. such an important, fancy Resource, used for such a significant part of the Eidolon/Cetus content, and yet no Gameplay Mechanics to acquire it to give something atleast somewhat consistent but most importantly actually interesting to do to acquire it.

Yes, but unfortunately that's ONE cetus wisp for 10,000 standing with the quills, and worse is the fact that you need to have the MAX level of standing with them in order to get it to work. This means you'll need to hunt teralysts, if not the higher level of the eidolons, to get the shards necessary for levelling up all the way to max standing to get ONE wisp for 10K standing. 

When I mean having an option to buy them, I mean something reasonable.

8 hours ago, LyricRhapsody said:

PLEASE make Cetus Wisps purchasable! I don't care if it's with platinum, Ostron Standing, Quills Standing, whatever, but please oh PLEASE make them purchasable!

I think this should be a hard rule for all resources, including fish and gems.

Wisps should respawn and be much more common - you should be guaranteed one at each large body of water every time you load into the plains, and they should regenerate every 10-15 minutes, as reloading to get them to respawn is always going to be tedious.

As others have mentioned, you can technically buy Cetus Wisps for 10k Quill standing a pop, allowing you to purchase them at an average rate of 2.6 per day at max current MR (which requires less than one Tridolon's worth of Sentient cores a day).

That is, however, an extremely slow rate, and I agree that wisps in general are needlessly difficult to obtain, along with several other resources. They're just one more among many different RNG-based resources that are ingrained into player progression, and I dislike how these kinds of resources create bottlenecks where the player finds themselves forced to grind the same small subset of possible gameplay in Warframe to power through. I'd appreciate it if there were a reliable means of obtaining them in good amounts via gameplay, ideally gameplay that is distinct enough from anything else to justify its existence. Similarly, I think the same should be done for Eidolon gems, as their low drop rate on specific mining veins is also a progression stopper.

10 hours ago, ReinAxefury said:

Honestly, Cetus Wisps are not hard and don't take time to farm. Just try using nova and a kavat for booster.

OP's post says otherwise. He has been using the meta farm routes with little success. Wisps are guaranteed to spawn but their location however is RNG. If for OP they keep spawning on far away locations that are not part of the farm route, their time:reward ratio will be terrible. They are not having fun and become understandably frustrated.
And as for the Smeeta kavat, not everybody has good fortune with its charm skill. I certainly don't. Its double resource charm activates the least for me, and when it does it is at the worst possible time.

In an RNG game, there will always be part of the player base who will simply be very unlucky in certain aspects. I've seen some empathy-challenged players having a hard time grasping this. "That doesn't happen to me so it isn't true". :thinking:

The key is to find alternatives if the meta isn't working for you.

Like @midtarget mentioned, bounty 4-5 are also an alternative to get wisps. For stages 2 to 5 of the bounty, you get a chance at wisp rewards. So you get multiple chances to get them in a single bounty session. And even if you don't get wisps, you won't feel like you are wasting your time because at least you will be getting Cetus standing, lenses, relics, endo, eidolon breaths and kuva. You can never have too much of this stuff. This is how I've been farming wisps and it paid off. It was engaging and it was fun since I get to actually fire my weapon and do different varied activities.

1 hour ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Wisps should respawn 

Definitely this.

Kuakas and Condors do respawn over time so you can farm them by just doing whatever you want in free roam; you always run into them even without actively trying to farm them.

No need to do that in-and-out loading screen going from cetus and plains over and over. That breaks the flow of the game and is just irksome.

Some will say "it's easy and fast".  Not everybody play games for easy and fast results, they play primarily for engaging fun. Right now, that farming wisp route method feels like an automated chore that can be programmed to play itself using a macro script. (this is obviously not allowed but you get my point as to how disengaging this is).

A full day to get 6-8 wisps?

A resource booster doesn't speed things up a tiny bit. It speeds things up a lot. Like, 6~8 wisps in a single 3-min run during day time. And they only cost 40pl (3 days). I think you're doing something very wrong to take you this long to get such a small amount of wisps.

And wisps do respawn... kinda... I've seen them respawn in a weird place, but it requires more testing.

Edited by Guest

As I said earlier, I'm just not as lucky as some.  I don't have the money to just throw at this game for the plat necessary to get resource boosters that frequently, especially when they only last a few hours. I take the meta route described and have tried both nighttime and daytime runs and I'm unlucky either way.  

Sadly, not everyone is as lucky as those who get that many wisps every time. Even with a resource booster, since I'm only lucky enough to get 1 or 2 at a time, that'd only get me 2 or 4, which still isn't reliable enough. Many people who used to play Warframe frequently in my friend list have abandoned the mere concept of getting amps due to the difficulty and RNG involved. 

It's really not much difficult/low % RNG, unless you're that one person from the statistics that will get only one wisp in 10+ runs.

Are you using loot radar mods? Are you always checking the radar? What route are you taking? Are you sure you're not flying too high with your archwing (loot radar has an altitude cap)?

And a 3-day booster is really cheap, only 40pl.  Just farm some prime sets/junk and sell it.

Edited by Guest

My loot radar build has at least 72 Loot Radar, and yes I know where they all spawn. I'm taking the route that is depicted in numerous youtube videos and wikias. They all take the same route or relatively similar. I've tried all of these iterations and still attempt to use them. I also don't use my archwing. 

Selling "junk" prime parts isn't worth the grind to just get a couple hours' worth of resource boosters. Like I said, I also don't have the time to do this sort of senseless grinding for days on end. I have a life and a job that I have to manage as well.

13 hours ago, LyricRhapsody said:

Selling "junk" prime parts isn't worth the grind to just get a couple hours' worth of resource boosters. Like I said, I also don't have the time to do this sort of senseless grinding for days on end. I have a life and a job that I have to manage as well.

Seriously, with a booster, you can get 40+ wisps in less than an hour.

13 hours ago, LyricRhapsody said:

My loot radar build has at least 72 Loot Radar, and yes I know where they all spawn. I'm taking the route that is depicted in numerous youtube videos and wikias. They all take the same route or relatively similar. I've tried all of these iterations and still attempt to use them. I also don't use my archwing. 

They really are incredibly easy to farm. Like if you spent a whole night cycle farming them with a booster, you should be able to get most everything you need. 

@MystMan idk how familiar you are with Cetus Wisp farming, but i have made tons of arcane sets from cetus, each set is 100 cetus wisps and i don't follow the "meta" route, i have my personal route and i value cetus wisps/time, if i finished most of my route and im missing only one or 2, i just go back and restart the instance to keep farming, when farming wisps i usually can farm enough for a whole set in a single night of cetus.

Also, while Wisp spawns have RNG, the position of those spawn points are specific, im sure by now i memorized like 99% of them, so i can find all the wisps if i want, but most of the time it's just not worth doing that, you rather want to get as many as possible in the less amount of time, if you get say 5 or something and you still have more than 60% of the spawns or you are missing one and still have like 30% of the map to search is better to just restart.

@LyricRhapsody from my experience of farming thousands of cetus wisps until now i can assure you RNG only involve which of the fixed spawn points will have wisps (you can memorize them, it's not really that hard), but farming those wisps efficiently is more about skill than luck, i can suggest you to use a max range/efficiency + Loot Radar+Thief Wit build+ smeeta kavat (that's what i use). Idk about this "community route" or what youtubers do, but i can assure you that by properly using portals and going clockwise, you can check at least 70% of the whole map in less than 5 minutes (which has almost all wisp spawns, as the deeper to the upper-right part of the map has very little ponds with very small chance to spawn wisps, i ignore that part most of the time because the time it takes to check that part vs the amount of wisps is not worth it), now if you check 70% of the map and you are 100% sure there is nothing, then you can be 100% sure that other 30% of the map has the wisps, if thats the case then it's worth checking that area instead of saying you had bad luck.

In my experience, the real most time consuming stuff to grind on PoE (and boring) is Breaths of Eidolon. While people complain about mining, fishing or wisps, all those can be done quite easily and fast using boosters, grind routes and certain frames. Breaths of the Eidolon on the other hand have 50% drop chance (highest bounty, only first mission), drop 5 at a time (boosters don't affect it) and only from bounties (they can't be bought), depending on which bounty you get, it's from 1~5 minutes (5 being most common), grinding enough for an arcane set (100) may take a couple of hours. It usually takes me more time to grind only the breaths of eidolon that almost all other mats for an arcane set together.

On ‎16‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 10:44 AM, (PS4)iQuedas said:

A full day to get 6-8 wisps?

A resource booster doesn't speed things up a tiny bit. It speeds things up a lot. Like, 6~8 wisps in a single 3-min run during day time. And they only cost 40pl (3 days). I think you're doing something very wrong to take you this long to get such a small amount of wisps.

And wisps do respawn... kinda... I've seen them respawn in a weird place, but it requires more testing.

You're exactly right, but wouldn't bother much further. The players who complain about the very easy wisp farm in WF are not generally reachable with helpful tips or suggestions that would improve their results drastically.

20 hours ago, ReinAxefury said:

In my experience, the real most time consuming stuff to grind on PoE (and boring) is Breaths of Eidolon. While people complain about mining, fishing or wisps, all those can be done quite easily and fast using boosters, grind routes and certain frames. Breaths of the Eidolon on the other hand have 50% drop chance (highest bounty, only first mission), drop 5 at a time (boosters don't affect it) and only from bounties (they can't be bought), depending on which bounty you get, it's from 1~5 minutes (5 being most common), grinding enough for an arcane set (100) may take a couple of hours. It usually takes me more time to grind only the breaths of eidolon that almost all other mats for an arcane set together.

Yep, and recent experience farming BOE suggests they have upped the drop chances of easy to farm wisps due to feedback here and elsewhere, while reducing the BOE drop chances in bounties. I could have just had bad luck this set of runs of course, but whereas each bounty run used to average ~7 BOE for me, this time it took much longer and rarely had bounties drop 10 BOE as was common in the past. BOE is not affected by any boosters also, so if true, this is one way that all the inaccurate wisp feedback has negatively affected farming other things that are more difficult to farm.

Edited by Haldos
Edited by Moderator.

26 minutes ago, UndyingSouls said:

Hey,

well i am having this problem: I looked at guide and location of them but when i make my rounds (i find mabe 4 to 5 max) 

mabe i am not looking in the right area? is it best to look for them at night or the day? 

Use login booster, baro booster, or plat bought resource booster, resource drop chance boosters do not affect wisps unless something has changed. Use fast invisible Loki or Volt (Zephyr or other possibilities, Loki is just the easiest due to not ever being seen). Use operator dashing to go straight to the starting point at the Southern Tip of the large Eastern Lake. Use loot detector/enemy radar/animal instinct. 

Run the big lake to the East of the entrance, starting at the bottom tip. Run up the West bank to the top of the lake, run the water just W of the NW large grineer mining camp close to the lake. Look for spawns in the two tiny "finger" lakes on the northern tip of the big lake next to the very small grineer camp there. Run across top of lake looking for the three spawns there, one at the rock right next to the small grineer camp, one in the camp or just to the east of it, and one in the middle of the top bank of the lake. Run down the East bank of the lake. Void dash back to entrance. Better at night, but worth doing in day too. Should take less than or about 3 minutes per run.

There are more efficient runs, this is the most basic, easiest run. With three possible spawns on the lake West bank going up, one near the large mining camp, four near the tiny mining camp/finger lakes on the north bank,  and 2-3 possible spawns running down the East bank. That's 11-12 possible spawns per run.

Unboosted, some runs you will get 0, some 4 or more, averages about 2 per run provided you check all those spawns every run. You will get better with practice.

Also, wisps seem to drop more in top bounties now. Those take 8-12 minutes in a pug and average 2-3 per bounty IME, boosters do not affect the amount. Thing is, you get lots of other very useful loot from those bounties, endo, BOE, kuva, relics, stances, eidolon lenses. Good luck, and thanks for asking for help instead of complaining and then debating people trying to help. You will probably do very well farming wisps.

Edited by Buttaface

Le 16/09/2018 à 05:19, taiiat a dit :

technically you can buy them from Quills as is.
but i don't think you're really looking to be able to buy Wisps, i think what you're looking for is Gameplay Mechanics to acquire Wisps with, of which none currently exist. such an important, fancy Resource, used for such a significant part of the Eidolon/Cetus content, and yet no Gameplay Mechanics to acquire it to give something atleast somewhat consistent but most importantly actually interesting to do to acquire it.

I fully agree. It's a shame we have to play marathon simulator to accrue Wisps at a decent rate... Quill standing buy option is good but way too costly, and imo comes too late since to get there you've probably already crafted every amp worth crafting already. 

2 hours ago, UndyingSouls said:

Got it i will have to keep this in mind. 

Would say Nezha or Volt to run around? 

and or Arch Wings will be best? and loot radar mod is a must. After farming Kuva and what not (these thigns are my biggest pain) lol

I suggest you to use Nova, portals are faster than running/flying, if mixed with operator's zenurik+naramon waybounds for faster mobility even better. I usually use her for Cetus Wisp farming and it takes me like 5 mins to check most of the map.

About wisp spawns you asked before, check every water source that's not connected to the sea. From the left side of the map (from bottom to the top, including that pond in the middle top) and then check the river and the lake, that would give you good results. Also, i've seen some routes people post on youtube and such, and many ignore like 3 ponds on the left side

@Kio-reki made a post that contains most cetus wisp spots (i know a few are missing, but it's pretty accurate) with many more info, you may be interest into checking it if you haven't before.

1 hour ago, LyricRhapsody said:

Come for help and suggestions, get punched in the face by other players. Yep, sounds about right.  I totally love being treated like an idiot just because I don't have the money and builds everyone else has.  Thanks for that.

Well, i don't think you are an idiot, but i do think you are overreacting a bit, don't you think? people gave you suggestions and such and some just disagree with you, if the problem is you lack builds and plat for boosters, then if i was you i would focus more on that part than going for PoE stuff since the requirements aren't really that high for an average volt/nova/nezha/zephyr/Itzal and while 40 plat (for a 3 day booster) sounds high when you are not used to the market and trading, there are a few options for reaching that fast (for example, doing vault runs on the derelict, useful corrupted mods have like 25% chance and sell for 15~25 each). Also, if you don't want to spend plat, getting yourself a smeeta kavat helps too (or you can do both).

Edited by ReinAxefury
mixed right and left for a sec lmao, fixed.