Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove "Headshot" term

Keetsune

I suggest to replace all "Headshot" terms with "Weak spot" instead since a lot of enemies has Weak Spot other than head or don't have head at all, some enemies don't even have weak spots(Charger in example).

In example MOA: you can aim a little below their turret for headshot bonus so certain skills like 3rd of Harrow or Vectis zoom bonus will benefit from it, but it's isn't weak spot(more than that it's protected part with negative dmg multiplier), their weak spot is box on their back by shoting which you don't receive headshot bonus for Abilities or Weapons.

1 minute ago, Nitro747 said:

Y'know, thats just semantics...

The problem that there is a lot of Skills/Gears that benefits from "Headshot" but not "Weakspot" hits and game forcing you to choice either to do more DMG or proc your stuff. Replace all Headshot terms with "Weak spot" for skills/gear and problem solved.

12 minutes ago, Keetsune said:

Captain obvious here, nice.

Except this:

18 minutes ago, Keetsune said:

In example MOA: you can aim a little below their turret for headshot bonus so certain skills like 3rd of Harrow or Vectis zoom bonus will benefit from it

Reads like you haven't figured out where the head is.

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

Which is where the MOA's head is located.

Dude, he's referring to the fanny pack, not the head.
Fanny pack (rectangular box on the back of most moas) gives a 3.0x multiplier. The tiny little birdlike head in front gives 2.0x like any other headshot.

OT:
I've never tested this before, and I'm curious as to whether this is already the case ingame!
If "Bonus Headshot damage" doesn't already affect non-head weakpoints, it would be awesome if that were changed.

Edited by SortaRandom

3 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

The tiny little birdlike head in front gives 2.0x like any other headshot.

1x. Not all heads are created equal. ... But if you crit, it still gives the headcrit multiplier.

Fanny pack doesn't give any additional multipliers on crit. Just the regular weak spot multiplier.

In this game, those are all different things: headshots, critical hits, weakspots. Plus, there's that thing called the headcrit multiplier.

Edit; concerning the specific case of a Moa - I found it a really interesting concept and would be against changing it. Not like strictly opopsed, but I find it more interesting this way 😛

Edited by Uthael

2 hours ago, Uthael said:

1x. Not all heads are created equal. ... But if you crit, it still gives the headcrit multiplier.

Fanny pack doesn't give any additional multipliers on crit. Just the regular weak spot multiplier.

In this game, those are all different things: headshots, critical hits, weakspots. Plus, there's that thing called the headcrit multiplier.

Edit; concerning the specific case of a Moa - I found it a really interesting concept and would be against changing it. Not like strictly opopsed, but I find it more interesting this way 😛

Ok, this prompted me to do some testing. And the results were... weird.

Moas:
- Head: 1.0x damage. Does NOT give the headcrit multiplier.
- Fanny pack: 3.0x damage. Does NOT give the headcrit multiplier. (Does not exist on Fusion/Corrupted moas.)
- Gun: 0.5x damage. Does NOT give the headcrit multiplier. (Does not exist on Fusion/Corrupted moas.)

Techs & Crewmen:
- Head: 2.0x damage. Does NOT give the headcrit multiplier.
Breaking off a Crewman helmet has no effect whatsoever on damage (i.e. the helmet is purely cosmetic and does not appear to block damage in the first place). Tech helmets, of course, cannot be broken.

Osprey:
- Head: 2.0x damage. DOES give the headcrit multiplier.

Grineer:
- Head: 2.0x damage. DOES give the headcrit multiplier.

Corpus moas and humans seem to be bugged. Moa heads do not affect damage in any way, and moa/tech/crewman heads don't give an extra 2x damage on critical headshots like other enemies (Ospreys, Grineer, etc) do. Crewman helmets (which break if you deal a small amount of damage to their head while shields are down) also appear to be purely cosmetic.

... I don't like this. This feels wrong.

Edited by SortaRandom

9 hours ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

Natural weak spots of enemies are head, so headshot is a guarantee increased damage.
"Weak spot" can be confusing since these includes banshee sonar weak spot which can be on the knee cap and butt.

I repeat: as long as "Weak spot" shot will proc Skills/Gears mechanics (like 3rd of harrow in example or arcanes) i don't care how you call it: headshot, weakspot, whatever.

Edited by Keetsune

3 minutes ago, Keetsune said:

I repeat: as long as "Weak spot" shot will proc Skills/Gears mechanics (like 3rd of harrow in example or arcanes) i don't care how you call it: headshot, weakspot, whatever.

I guess what you want is weak spots artificially created by abilities to count as headshots and giving buffs.

This seems against logic, since aiming at a weak knee will deal same damage as the head.

Unless these weakspot buffs are more consistent like aiming for enemy heart or vital parts.
Which I guess you are going to be too lazy to care to aim again.

It's time for a new enemy type in Warframe that you have to score "leg shot" for more dmg while it's breakdancing at high speed. 

And your "headshot" mods/mechanics wouldn't proc because it has no head.

😈😈😈

Edited by Volinus7

4 hours ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

I guess what you want is weak spots artificially created by abilities to count as headshots and giving buffs.

This seems against logic, since aiming at a weak knee will deal same damage as the head.

Unless these weakspot buffs are more consistent like aiming for enemy heart or vital parts.
Which I guess you are going to be too lazy to care to aim again.

He is asking for something else, and youre just making him out to be bad at the game while not understanding his point.

What hes saying : if im using knell, i'd like for the death knell buff to trigger when i hit a moa's weak spot (which is not the 'head'-turret, but the "fenny pack"). I.E: when it counts, let the enemies with special weak spots trigger headshot effects for skills and abilities

What youre saying : it doesnt matter if they do that because you cant aim for the head.

10 minutes ago, Volinus7 said:

It's time for a new enemy type in Warframe that you have to score "leg shot" for more dmg while it's breakdancing at high speed. 

And your "headshot" mods/mechanics wouldn't proc because it has no head.

😈😈😈

There was an enemy like that long time ago: old Infested Ancient before remodel, - actualy it wasn't weakspot, just unarmored parts, but on practice there was tremendous difference between headshot and limbs shots vs Ancients since thos things had more armour than Heavy Gunners now 😄

Edited by Keetsune

27 minutes ago, Xuton said:

He is asking for something else, and youre just making him out to be bad at the game while not understanding his point.

What hes saying : if im using knell, i'd like for the death knell buff to trigger when i hit a moa's weak spot (which is not the 'head'-turret, but the "fenny pack"). I.E: when it counts, let the enemies with special weak spots trigger headshot effects for skills and abilities

What youre saying : it doesnt matter if they do that because you cant aim for the head.

It is already happening, it might be strange but the MOA's highest part is the turret, we might mistake it for the head
but that is actually the weapon.

The "head" or "CPU unit" for the case of robotics is actually below the turret controlling the gun.
Think of the MOA as having turret installed on top of it's head.

The CPU unit is identical as the shield osprey's "head"
just that the osprey is equipped with wings and bottom mounted "limbs"

MOA is having legs on "mounting port" where Osprey would have wings
and top mounted weapon as opposed to bottom mounted "limbs" that can carry the pulse grenade.

I kind of figured this when putting sleep arrow with Ivara, MOA's legs would collapse into a "folded" position and 
Osprey would fold the wings in.

MOADE.pnglatest?cb=20131207094836350?cb=20131207094835

Jackal looks like a 4-feet MOA with no top mounted gun

350?cb=20140331100156

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG
add pics

46 minutes ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

It is already happening, it might be strange but the MOA's highest part is the turret, we might mistake it for the head
but that is actually the weapon.

The "head" or "CPU unit" for the case of robotics is actually below the turret controlling the gun.
Think of the MOA as having turret installed on top of it's head.

latest?cb=20131207094836

Since a lot of ppls think that any Headshot have increased dmg did test with unmoded lanka(which deal exact 525 base dmg to shield type layer) to prove my point:

Turret DMG (x0.5 modifier):

wpJTwiq.jpg

Head DMG(no modifier):

qNtHVus.jpg

Leg DMG (no modifier):

hAlQVHV.jpg

CPU DMG (x3 modifier):

50QSakV.jpg

Although head of Moas proc Skills/Gears mechanics it doesn't have any initiate damage multipliers even crits doesn't get boosted.

MOA is a good example why Headshot term should be either replaced with Weakspot or Weakspot term should be added to all curent skills/gear mechanics with Headshot involved. It's also a good start point for redesign weakspots for certain enemies like Charger, in fact a lot of infesteds has weird hitboxes and weakspots in particular.

Edited by Keetsune

headshot  with no crosshair on all creature,,wee may give HEMA a use to be

they don't know what a crosshair is for the dev part,and yes all enemmies have a head 

some thematic may say.its not always the head,its limb,,yet need A custom crosshair ..a lack in 5 year

Edited by Ouinpis

On 2018-09-16 at 5:09 PM, Keetsune said:

I suggest to replace all "Headshot" terms with "Weak spot" instead since a lot of enemies has Weak Spot other than head or don't have head at all, some enemies don't even have weak spots(Charger in example).

In example MOA: you can aim a little below their turret for headshot bonus so certain skills like 3rd of Harrow or Vectis zoom bonus will benefit from it, but it's isn't weak spot(more than that it's protected part with negative dmg multiplier), their weak spot is box on their back by shoting which you don't receive headshot bonus for Abilities or Weapons.

missed the Ureal days HEADSHOT.but this is warframe prime fashion glory

and simulation,lol

Edited by Ouinpis