Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Banshee’s Silence a LOS requirement

ljmadruga

11 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

But sound (or more accurately its vibration) doesn't have a line of sight requirement...

7 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

soo you want to give sound a line of sight? Never knew you have to  SEE something in order to HEAR it.

Yes of course, because Warframe, a game where dogs can lay eggs, maintains its adherence to 100% realism.

14 minutes ago, ljmadruga said:

Yes of course, because Warframe, a game where dogs can lay eggs, maintains its adherence to 100% realism.

it's not realism it's basic laws of physics. That's why when we break windows on corpus ships we lose shields cuz you know air escapes into the vacuum of space. Also why we use archwings in space (if you've read the lore behind them you'll see they provide air to the warframes so they can breathe in space). By your theory DE shouldn't have done any of those things because "dogs lay eggs and there is no realism". Realism is one thing, basic rules of physics is another (sure they can be bent, for example zephyr being in constant low-gravity but things that defy rules of physics ingame have lore behind them which explains why).

So, rather than just not modding for max-range, or buffing the ability with a little visual range so that you can see where it's going to stagger an enemy, allowing you to walk backwards and forwards as you currently do with the ability to CC them... you instead want to make the cast have the problem of simply not applying at all if there's a single bit of geometry between you and the enemy?

I'd be all for the theory, except that line-of sight in Warframe is incredibly limited as a function already.

Were that function mechanically improved? If I hadn't already seen the massive limitation it's caused on all the other abilities and frames its been put on? Were it not already one of my favourite ways to speed Exterminate everything with a neutral Range?

Were it all of those things I'd agree with you.