The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rivens on alt accounts

Fallen_Echo

Can someone tell me exactly why is it against the rules to keep rivens on an alt account?

Its seems.....i dont know......silly? You make an account and as everybody else you pay for the riven slots to keep rivens in them. Its was never against the rules to go and trade away a bunch of your rivens to some fresh player so why its against the rules to do the same with your own account?

If rivens really do take up that huge server space that such a harsh measurements needed to make just soo people dont go over the cap doesnt that also mean that at some point you need to decrease the cap on rivens new players get because you run out of server space?

Dont get me wrong im no IT expert but if i make a picture hosting site where everybody can upload max 15 pic because server space that means at some point i either need to decrease this limit for new users or delete old pic to get space back If im not willing to upgarde server space.

Also just seriously how much space could a riven really take up? 1mb, 10mb, 100mb? I know that atleast 40 million people have played warframe but that also means that DE has the capacity to save down 3600 million rivens. Okay this is maybe unrealistic but even if we take their all time peak from steam charts that means that DE has the capacity to save down 11 million 116k rivens.

Do they store rivens as hd pic in a word document or what that they needed to put up this limit?

7 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Its was never against the rules to go and trade away a bunch of your rivens to some fresh player so why its against the rules to do the same with your own account?

Because those other players aren't you. DE doesn't want you trading any items with your alt accounts.

It has nothing to do with how much riven space takes up, the rule is that you cannot trade between alt accounts, whether it be a riven mod or platinum, either way will get you in trouble since it’s forbidden to do so. Why? Players can do fishy things between accounts (illegal or not) and DE made the decision that they will forbid it. 

2 minutes ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

It has nothing to do with how much riven space takes up, the rule is that you cannot trade between alt accounts, whether it be a riven mod or platinum, either way will get you in trouble since it’s forbidden to do so. Why? Players can do fishy things between accounts (illegal or not) and DE made the decision that they will forbid it. 

This^ 

And I believe DE considers it cheating. 90 is the max we are allowed to have. 

All those would be reasonable explanations but the one from the support responses we have seen from players asking why often showed that the reasoning was 'due to trying avoid the restriction on riven storage'. So, perhaps its just a weirdness of the system.

39 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

You make an account and as everybody else you pay for the riven slots to keep rivens in them.

Apart from the initial 15, sure.

There's nothing stopping you from making 6 new accounts and getting a free 90 slots however, so it's totally a case of getting around the restriction... for free, even.

Regardless, no separate account interaction is allowed at all, I don't see why Rivens would be an exception.

56 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

There's nothing stopping you from making 6 new accounts and getting a free 90 slots however, so it's totally a case of getting around the restriction... for free, even.

Regardless, no separate account interaction is allowed at all, I don't see why Rivens would be an exception.

This. /\   

And not so much now, but when mods dropped as exclusive rewards a single time for a player, ie dual stat mods. So players would run the event with multiple  accounts and sell off extras after the event ended. 

Edited by _Vortus_
Edit

1 hour ago, rapt0rman said:

Because those other players aren't you. DE doesn't want you trading any items with your alt accounts.

I currently have my brother playing the game, he goes on and off for long periods of time and if i would ask for his help to storage some rivens would it be okay? 

1 hour ago, Urlan said:

All those would be reasonable explanations but the one from the support responses we have seen from players asking why often showed that the reasoning was 'due to trying avoid the restriction on riven storage'. So, perhaps its just a weirdness of the system.

Yeah, thats it. If i search up support responses on why this is a thing they always claim that this is there to save server space.

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

22 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

You can have rivens on alt accounts, but you can't interact, otherwise you essentially get more slots without spending plat for them, a clear exploit met with consequences on said accounts.

But that initial 15 is free for everyone, dont tell me that its soo much different that i make 6 new accounts and fill it with rivens VS 6 new guys make accounts and fill them up with rivens.

As for the separate account interaction how is it more different gifting and giving stuff to my brother playing the game or piling stuff on an alt account? For how active my bro is, he might aswell be counted as an alt, sadly.

The main reason seems to be server storage but just how big can rivens be if they need to hardcap it?

Stop trying to be a wise guy, your account gets 15, if you want more, you use plat to get more slots just like any other player, if you're trying to bypass that and exploit the game, you cannot complain of any consequences that might happen to said accounts.

We are giving you valuable advice, feel free to igore it to see what happens.

31 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

But that initial 15 is free for everyone, dont tell me that its soo much different that i make 6 new accounts and fill it with rivens VS 6 new guys make accounts and fill them up with rivens.

As for the separate account interaction how is it more different gifting and giving stuff to my brother playing the game or piling stuff on an alt account? For how active my bro is, he might aswell be counted as an alt, sadly.

Don't be a pedant. You get 15 at the start, you're limited to 75 additional purchased ones.

Using alts as storage to get around that is so obviously not okay that it doesn't really need to be explained.

Same goes for giving your brother stuff, it really doesn't need to be explained. It's not your account, and as long as he's using it occasionally and it's sole purpose isn't just storage then all you're doing is trading with someone else, this is fine.

There's a huge cap between trading with your brother and setting up alt accounts with the intention of getting around a limitation.

26 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Stop trying to be a wise guy, your account gets 15, if you want more, you use plat to get more slots just like any other player, if you're trying to bypass that and exploit the game, you cannot complain of any consequences that might happen to said accounts.

We are giving you valuable advice, feel free to igore it to see what happens.

Im sure you misunderstood me somewhere. I didnt say in any point of the suggestion that i want more free slots, infact i didnt even remembered that we get 15 till @DeMonkey pointed it out.

All i asked for is some info on why the 90 riven hardcap is a thing. If i need more slots i buy them till i reach the cap than its over. Why is it such a huge problem that we just got a patch what removes the ability to trade rivens with someone who is under mr8.

Are warframe servers really that low on capacity or are rivens really that big that they need to gate them to not crash the game?

Since i stopped doing sorties and pretty much everything what would get me more riven i dont think im ever in the close future going to fill up my current storage cap not even thinking about actually reaching 90.

3 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Its was never against the rules to go and trade away a bunch of your rivens to some fresh player so why its against the rules to do the same with your own account

You can have more than one account but its againt the ToS to trade between two of your accounts, As far as the new player thing there is not an MR 8 lock on trading rivens since that is the earliers that a player can get one of their own iirc, it was a change that was made in the latest hotfix :clem: b

16 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Don't be a pedant. You get 15 at the start, you're limited to 75 additional purchased ones.

Using alts as storage to get around that is so obviously not okay that it doesn't really need to be explained.

Same goes for giving your brother stuff, it really doesn't need to be explained. It's not your account, and as long as he's using it occasionally and it's sole purpose isn't just storage then all you're doing is trading with someone else, this is fine.

There's a huge cap between trading with your brother and setting up alt accounts with the intention of getting around a limitation.

I know its against the Tos but i dont understand the reasoning behind it.

Support answers claim that it is forbidden because server storage issues. Do rivens really take up that much space, that they cant go and just increase the cap?

If the reason is purely that rivens fill up their storage too fast doesnt that also means that at one point they have to purge some rivens out of the system or decrease the max cap if they dont want to upgrade they servers?

There are ways of technically defeating the ToS but I won't list them here. Crack your head and you can find a loophole.

Ofc I am not such a huge fan of the game to bother if anyone gets banned here.

17 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Do rivens really take up that much space, that they cant go and just increase the cap?

Wouldn't surprise me, someone got kicked from chat for typing @[Riven] due to the fact that the code that makes up a Riven was recognised as spam.

You should also perhaps look at them like shares, with each riven representing a share of a company (weapon). As the weapons value increases, the value of the riven increases.

If DE want to limit the amount of shares you're able to own, and avoid potential issues then that's also a plausible reason.

E.g. Every new Prime weapon causes Riven prices to skyrocket, so you could create several alt accounts with the intention of storing Tenno weapon rivens that you don't intend to use but want to sell in the future when they're worth more.

As for upgrading their servers in the future, certainly. However it's possible that they've looked at the games growth rate, worked out how much server space Rivens take up and predicted how long it'll take for the server to fill. 

Using that information you could set a max limit so that the servers fill at a time when it's more appropriate to upgrade them.

Who knows *shrug*

33 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

-snip-

I guess in that way it really makes sense that we are limited in how many we can get and maybe in the future this will change to a bigger cap.

Okay i think i got my answer, if any mod is around reading this i would like to request closing this thread.