The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else really like revenant now?

(PSN)randy_lahey__--

He's not what I was hoping for when I heard "Sentient/Eidolon-themed warframe".  I was expecting adaptive damage resistance, lasers, and explosions.  Instead, we got a pet/slave-themed kit with some lasers on the side. 

I enjoy using the ult, but I'd rather run Nyx over the rest of his kit, sadly.

7 hours ago, Oreades said:

Yay, I'll continue to hold out hope. I mean he isn't outright bad or anything but his kit doesn't really feel great either. Could definitely stand a bit more polish. 

I keep really hoping that they do something to make the Thralls interesting and hamper the team killing/friendly fire issue. I'd personally love it if the Revenant was more of a "pet class" instead of the Thralls acting like a self buff with extra steps. 

Yeah, his Thralls are pretty much useless for multiple reasons. It's really hard to get more than one at a time, constantly spamming your one is irritating, even when they're dead the pillar damage is just okay, they deal no damage on their own while they're even living, the buffs they give don't really justify the Energy cost it took to make them, the list goes on.

I don't really get the point of even having them when they don't last or hang around Revenant for easy buffs. They already don't hinder Defense missions because they stop being enemies, so why not let them just ignore damage, but absorb it, and have it register after Thrall ends. Why not have a way to refresh Thralls?

I'm also hoping we get more buffs to his abilities overall. His Passive is ... really useless, but I could see it working better if it was knockdown upon getting more Shields, as Reave and Danse Macabre can refresh your Shield. Thrall should be an AoE cast. Mesmer Skin needs at least a second or two cooldown between charges. Reave could let us press it again to shut it off, so we don't have to go flying across the room. Danse Macabre's Alt Fire could increase the spin speed and movement speed, with obviously less of a drain.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

On 2018-09-20 at 2:06 PM, Streaky_Haddock said:

Revenant still fails to please me and now i'm wondering if it's not that he's underpowered, but more that I just have problems with his fundamental design.

Yea his first is nyx ability, or nekros. And the rest of his abilities are unsatisfying, they dont fulfil any fantasies or quench a certain thirst a player in warframe has. In example of a thirst im sure many players have right now is endo, like nekros if you were to make a warframe that can get players more endo people would get it because they thirst for that ability. 

For people tired of groups of enemies in the way and they have to take em down 1 at a time, theyre thirsting for something that can take multiple enemies down poof, the arca plasmor. Players eyes light and marry the arca plasmor.

I feel for revenant to feel better to use, he does not only need to be good for something, but also bring something new to the game, whether that be reducing a stress players have in the game in some way OR simply fulfilling a fantasy like the ability to fly, the ability to turn super huge! The ability to create a powerful turrent, the ability to turn into a lion. 

To be honest, i feel revenant is the perfect warframe for players look to become something like the hulk or a werewolf (the werewolf could be skin that looks wolf like). Edilons got so big somehow, revenant should be able to grow in some way too imo

On 2018-09-21 at 12:53 AM, (XB1)Graysmog said:

Yeah, his Thralls are pretty much useless for multiple reasons. It's really hard to get more than one at a time, constantly spamming your one is irritating, even when they're dead the pillar damage is just okay, they deal no damage on their own while they're even living, the buffs they give don't really justify the Energy cost it took to make them, the list goes on.

I don't really get the point of even having them when they don't last or hang around Revenant for easy buffs. They already don't hinder Defense missions because they stop being enemies, so why not let them just ignore damage, but absorb it, and have it register after Thrall ends. Why not have a way to refresh Thralls?

I'm also hoping we get more buffs to his abilities overall. His Passive is ... really useless, but I could see it working better if it was knockdown upon getting more Shields, as Reave and Danse Macabre can refresh your Shield. Thrall should be an AoE cast. Mesmer Skin needs at least a second or two cooldown between charges. Reave could let us press it again to shut it off, so we don't have to go flying across the room. Danse Macabre's Alt Fire could increase the spin speed and movement speed, with obviously less of a drain.

They were possibly trying to stay away from nyx and nekros for enthralls. I wouldnt mind them staying unable to be damaged by allies HOWEVER i would say theyd atleast need to not look like normal enemy units. Make them zombie like or something, or turn them into another horrifying creature all together. Make it feel like your spreading a zombie virus or something

Hes so crazy good. I dont understand why people were calling him fodder. Easily one of the best tanks in the game. Definitely one of the most unique and most fun frames out there.

Alot of people push 4 to win with him... I only push 4 to get overshields. I press 1, 2, 3 to win... And its so rewarding!

I would like at least two of your thralls to be able to only be killed by you. Would also be neat if you could have your 2 main thralls... Then at least 10 more that are basically meat shields.

However i love him as is... Hes great!

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

9 hours ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

Hes so crazy good. I dont understand why people were calling him fodder. Easily one of the best tanks in the game. Definitely one of the most unique and most fun frames out there.

Alot of people push 4 to win with him... I only push 4 to get overshields. I press 1, 2, 3 to win... And its so rewarding!

I would like at least two of your thralls to be able to only be killed by you. Would also be neat if you could have your 2 main thralls... Then at least 10 more that are basically meat shields.

However i love him as is... Hes great!

That's a pretty great idea. I also recently found out he's one of the only frames with infinite scaling damage. If u cast his 1 on an enemy and reave through them 3 times they will die no matter there level or armer. 

At 200+% power strength they still take too long to kill anything in a reasonable amount of time. Itd be better if the  columns chased people down or had a bigger aoe so they could feel more significant.

Personally i like spamming 1 and then tapping 4 to drop my thralls and repeat truing to get as many roman candles as possible. Hes extremely tanky when you consistently make overshield drops and keep mesmer skin up.

Unless (or until) they fix enemies completely bypassing mesmer skin at insta kill damages he is and will remain trash. Not that he's literally hopeless but he needs a good bit of work. People calling him the best tank though? I've got to wonder about them. As it stands enthrall is a decent tanking ability but mesmer should be a lot more reliable for tanking discussions. Your abilities shouldn't literally stop functioning when you hit level 200 or whatever level. 

Wtf happened to the formatting? Sorry people no idea how to fix this

Edited by Firetrucksrule
Formatting

5 minutes ago, Firetrucksrule said:

Unless (or until) they fix enemies completely bypassing mesmer skin at insta kill damages he is and will remain trash. Not that he's literally hopeless but he needs a good bit of work. People calling him the best tank though? I've got to wonder about them. As it stands enthrall is a decent tanking ability but mesmer should be a lot more reliable for tanking discussions. Your abilities shouldn't literally stop functioning when you hit level 200 or whatever level. 

Wtf happened to the formatting? Sorry people no idea how to fix this

Yeah this bug so desperately needs to get fixed. 

It's useful. He's mostly reminiscent of mesa in playstyle, but with some interesting twists. Best thing is that he kill nullies mesa cannot target. I find him very useful in plague star event, one of best frames to have there. Generally it's quite tanky and solid DPS /still outshined by few other dps classes.

He needs light polishing and better synergies. Power-wise he's fine. His enthrall are minimally useful in recent meta of insane race killing. Curiously, when playing solo, his 1 becomes, if not particularly useful, at least fun.

I generally like mobility powers so 3 is fine, but it was bit expensive iirc. Not sure how to synergize this with his kit, maybe just add some cc, lower cost and forget synergy. 

Also I would rearange his powers so they would go like this: reave(movement) / enthrall / mesmer / dance.