The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does Sortie require level 30 warframe?

Erytroxylin

15 minutes ago, BoarWarrior said:

I suppose, but what if you run out of energy? I only used that on Zephyr and still managed to die, seemed like a weak band-aid.

Energizing Dash from Zenurik is more than enough. And how you managed to die on Zephyr when all you need is duration for her 3 to stay alive allmost indefinetly?

Also, as a no Vit/no Redirection RD spammign Loki I never run out of energy - you might want to rethink your build

Edited by HorridaMessor

12 minutes ago, HorridaMessor said:

Energizing Dash from Zenurik is more than enough. And how you managed to die on Zephyr when all you need is duration for her 3 to stay alive allmost indefinetly?

Also, as a no Vit/no Redirection RD spammign Loki I never run out of energy - you might want to rethink your build

Melee grineer on plains hardest bounty, easy enough to die with Zephyr. I don't die even with squishy frames when I'm using Vazarin, it compliments my Vitality build with void dash heal and affinity range. I got large pizzas instead of zenurik too, get energy much faster from them. And I can even rock Hunter Adrenaline on squishy frames and make use of it. Vazarin has instant revives and affinity range too. Plus everyone's using Zenurik anyhow, you usually have someone with it in your squad.

2 minutes ago, BoarWarrior said:

Melee grineer on plains hardest bounty, easy enough to die with Zephyr. I don't die even with squishy frames when I'm using Vazarin, it compliments my Vitality build with void dash heal and affinity range. I got large pizzas instead of zenurik too, get energy much faster from them. And I can even rock Hunter Adrenaline on squishy frames and make use of it. Vazarin has instant revives and affinity range too. Plus everyone's using Zenurik anyhow, you usually have someone with it in your squad.

If you have problem with melee units in PoE why not hower in the air as Zephyr?

Just now, HorridaMessor said:

If you have problem with melee units in PoE why not hower in the air as Zephyr?

You read me wrong. I don't have problems with them, I just happened to die once or twice to them. Out of my 400+ hardest bounty runs that's not a lot of deaths. And back then I didn't have Vazarin, arcane guardians and djinn, just Vitality. So.

wanting to bring a non lvl 30 frame to sorties is dumb and risky there are easy places to level that don't take much like hydron go there and level. even if you could bring frames under 30 you are at high risk good guns or not of getting your ass kicked and i for one wouldn't bother picking up people doing stupid S#&$ like that because if i stood there reviving you i'll probably get killed trying to save someone who should've known better to begin with and then someone would try to pick me up and then everyone would be wasting revives because the one dumb player coming to sorties without a lvl 30 frame.

On 2018-09-23 at 9:18 PM, Erytroxylin said:

But it's backwards. I can bring lvl 30 warframe and be totally useless all day long bringing unranked weapons. Or you can just bring unranked warframe with like two mods in it, good enough for sortie, plus lvl 30 nice weapon and kill it all.

This depends greatly on the frame you are talking about. If you are playing a tank frame like say Rhino then yeah because Rhino's abilities dont really make a meaningful impact on his damage out put and even if you started a sortie with rank 0 you'd get your iron skin before the mission was over so youre fine there. How ever try going into it with a level 0 equinox or ember who are pretty reliant on their abilities to deal damage because they are glass connons that cant just stand around in one place and shoot at things. Their survival depends on them A: moving a lot meaning any weapon that cant kill things really fast (like 0.25 - 0.5 seconds max) is functionally worthless to them and B: killing things faster than they have a chance to close in and start shooting which requires they have their main abilities. 

Edited by TheKazz91

il y a une heure, ChaosSabre a dit :

You mean Amesha only sortie. Since that's what would be only played.

Not really, Amesha is just easier to use. If amything the one that offers the least is Itzal, which is basically a Loki without Radial Disarm xD Odonata and Elytron both have perfectly functional kits for lv 100 content like Sorties. 

Am 24.9.2018 um 04:55 schrieb xXDeadsinxX:

Because it’s higher level content, makes sense if you ask me.

The restriction actually makes no sense. As long as my warframe is 30 I am allowed to join, but that doesn´t mean that my Warframe has a mod equipped.

So with other words I can bring an unmodded lvl 30 Frame and unmodded lvl 0 weapons, which is ridiculous.

On 2018-09-24 at 11:36 AM, (XB1)Oussii said:

don't think your operator will do spy missions: it cannot jump high

This triggers me. Operator is better at spy mission than most warframes. Void dash to just dash past things and void mode means ur invisible and invulnerable.

21 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

at some point you need to jump.. can you?

Of course the operator can jump. If the height is not enough , void dash can get u where u want. 

Also you don't need to bring a level 30 Warframe to sortie just to jump right? U can use transference, jump and go back into operator.

2 hours ago, ElKayJae said:

Of course the operator can jump. If the height is not enough , void dash can get u where u want. 

Also you don't need to bring a level 30 Warframe to sortie just to jump right? U can use transference, jump and go back into operator.

some missions require bullet jump so high, the operator wont make it even with the void dash

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

2 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

some missions require bullet jump so high, the operator wont make it even with the void dash

Let me tell you how that is not a thing. Mind sprint in the narramon tree combinded with the zenrik skill that increases your energy pool is the 3rd fastest way to get around the plains (the Itzal being the first and titania with max blitz stacks being the second) because you travel roughly 100 meters per dash and can dash about 7 or 8 times in a row before running out of energy

There shouldn't really be a restriction for Solo mode.  For public games, though, it's just a basic filter.  Yeah, there's nothing stopping someone from unequipping all their mods, or just actively not contributing, but this weeds out some of the people who would do something like bring a rank 0 frame to a Survival or Defense with a nasty augment, where abilities are much more important.

Besides, if it's Spy, Rescue, Sabotage, etc. then Rank 10 is plenty most of the time, and some, such as Rescue with Limbo or Spy with any frame, don't need any ranks.

13 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

...what.

Look up, dash twice.  No waybounds, still gives plenty of distance.  For that matter, I question what tiles require that sort of mobility, because every one that I can think of right now has at least one walking path, anyway.

Edited by Vox_Preliator

On 2018-09-23 at 9:54 PM, Erytroxylin said:

Kinda silly if you ask me. Pretty much any warframe can do a sortie no problems, as long as you bring a good gun. Why do they let us bring unranked weapons, but not unranked Warframes?

To prevent mr 2 with fresh forma frame whining about revives every few seconds.

It happens in terry caps pubs where mr zero joins and then jumps on top of terry head and skanna time till a few seconds later they lol need a revive and by the 7th revive i just let them die.

Thankfully sorties require a l30 frame at least.