Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transference into Teammates Warframe.

(PSN)KiillahX

Can we down the road transfer into teammates Warframe? It would be nice to come out of your frame and enter into teammates frame assuming he/she is also out of frame. That way if they are not good at using the frame we could live switch during the mission. Maybe even transfer into Kavat and go around biting enemies. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)KiillahX said:

How would it be a mess? Its the same concept of tenno transference. We tenno have the ability to transfer into a warframe, why not a team mates warframe. 

Do you know your other friend's build and optimizations? What if someone enters your frame without you wanting them to? Just try to picture how that would go in a public game.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)eSportsManiac said:

Why would you bring it in the first place then? And should I really leave my warframe to someone who can't handle his own gear?

There are millions of players. Not everyone plays to be good at it. Maybe there roll is crucial for the mission but they know how to play another frame that's on the team. Why not switch?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)KiillahX said:

There are millions of players. Not everyone plays to be good at it. Maybe there roll is crucial for the mission but they know how to play another frame that's on the team. Why not switch?

I can't really follow your argumentation. If you bring gear you can't handle and instead want gear you have no idea of how your teammate has modded your are doing something terribly wrong.

No way I am gonna take my formaed frame into say a Lith Fissure and have someone else with much less resources than me hijack my frame for the mission because their own frame does not have maxed mods and rank 30. Just no.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)eSportsManiac said:

I can't really follow your argumentation. If you bring gear you can't handle and instead want gear you have no idea of how your teammate has modded your are doing something terribly wrong.

That's not true at all. When your in a long 2-3 hours survival with 4 of your best friends, I see no problem switching frames with them. 

40 minutes ago, (PS4)KiillahX said:

Obviously there will be a prompt when someone trying to enter your frame. The operator has to void punch the teammates empty frame and that player will get a promt on the screen.

And how would I be able to reject it? A void dash? What if I wanted to void blast someone just as the prompt shows up and I accept it by mistake? A prompt to accept in the middle of a Mot after 1 hour and ESO is not viable.

Mind you, if something is bound to go terribly wrong in a public game then it's not a good idea. Not everyone plays with coordinated friends.

Edited by Jarriaga

il y a 4 minutes, (PS4)KiillahX a dit :

Obviously there will be a prompt when someone trying to enter your frame. The operator has to void punch the teammates empty frame and that player will get a promt on the screen.

So basicaly having to confirm everytime that you allow someone to enter your frame? You know that woud be easely spammable by trolls and/or those who ignore it?

Oh, and just as an example of how much of a mess it would be, imagine going to Operator mode to for something, but someone gets in your frame and start running around with it while you look for your stolen goods, kinda like GTA online if you don't activate the limitations of other players when they Interact with your vehicules. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)KiillahX said:

So I could just endlessly spam you with a pop-up that would say "DO you want to allow X player to control your frame?" over and over and over and over again, without you being able to stop it other than jumping back into your frame, which would interrupt what you were trying to do outside of your frame?

Yeah no...we don't need to give trolls the option to endlessly grief players with a pop-up that either distracts them or blocks the screen and stops them from doing what they need to be doing.

Opt-in option and possibly automatically blacklists people you have blocked?  Some kind of requirement, only as a specific nightmare/sortie/alert modifier?

A genuinely different an interesting idea, but it would certainly require failsafes.  Could make holding 5 boot someobe out of your frame, and tapping transfers you into the one you're borrowing like normal.  Who's liot is being picked up by the frame, its owner or borrower?

Constructive criticism: In the same vein of OP's suggestion, instead of having a warframe that is owned by players and controlled by other players, perhaps they could add Clan owned and controlled Warframes, ones that have to be built by the clan maybe ones that require some one in the clan hall to help support the players in the mission zones by deploying them. Ones that are stored in the dojo in a special room where you can transference into them and deploy on a mission or deploy them to a squad in your clan that is on a mission.

It doesn't even have to be a fullblown warframe it could be something similar to the archwing where you get some sort of add on attachment that is sent to you from the clan dojo that enhances you current abilities or supports your mission for a limited amount of time before it extracts before it goes away.

OR

It could even be a warframe for my warframe, similar to the hulkbuster toy that has iron man still in his suit inside of it. have my clan send it out to the mission, let some one climb inside it with their warframe and have it enhance what ever power set the user currently has think Cerebro from xmen for my warframe abilities in the form of the hulk buster

See here: hulkbuster

Edited by xyberviri