Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My take on Warframe's situation

PowaRanja

Before I start just some notes so you can judge my post a little better:

• I think it might be the 1st time posting on the foruns.
  • English is not my native language, sorry for any mistake in advance.
  • Member for about 5 years (i think)
  • Not a white hair and beard veteran though, because I was a returning player last year
  • Been playing the game somewhat consistently every since
  • Seen a lot of criticism about Warframe and thought I to would express my opinion as well ^^
  • ..and I do want the game to be the best ever

Now, about the topic...

DE,
    For 1 year of straight following the updates, watching WF youtubers, twitchrs and devstreams I notice that the situation of Veterans leaving Warframe is not caused directly to the content drought. I do mind that, but it is not worrisome, as I (we players) know that sooner or later you'll give us that juicy content we all want. And for that you'll always have our, thank you!!!

However, what really disturbs me is when you release some new small content (which is always apreciated and welcome) and leave it there alone drifting in the void without a clear passage from the main game to it.
    Or even when you release it to gracefully help us get our hands in new content but without fully develop that tool making our endeavors even more grindy and delaying our target goals, giving us the feel of something imcomplete and shallow.
    Speaking of feellings, while [Hate] should be the only weapon required to have build time, it's such a [Dread] having to wait for every item for so long. Not speaking the [Despair] it is to build a Warframe. However I get it, it's a free to play game, no [War] should be made over that.
    There it goes, my Warframe list of what grind my gears. Uh.. Nevermind. RNG!
    But as I could never say something bad of our RNG gods here it goes a suggestion: don't have so many items dropping with low chance it gets super grindy to farm those items. It would help a bit and those players always complaining about RNG would be a lot happier also.

Continuing with the sugestions, here comes to the part where I blindly (beacause I can't get to know what your intentions for the future are) but with good intentions, suggest some changes.
    Make that forgotten content like FigtherFrame and Lunaro the "oasis in the desert". In which I mean, developing new ways (Marketing/Story lore/Ranks) in order to let players turn to PvP when the PVE content is drying so you can keep your player count active and healthy. But for that remember, you need to create the urge of competition... oh and no "you grind/pay, you win"! For example PvP Deathmatch, just limit the use of items/Warframes from the PvE to the PvP by types/classes, and if you want variety for something that can be dull after playing so many times, make it have a "skin" of a weapon/frame you got. It doens't has to be perfect like high competitve games, just has to work.
    By the time I am posting this I know that you are working on elite alerts, precisely what I was going to suggest, something somewhat short but very, very, very hard. Yet would promote warframe and team comps variety.

Would wanted to keep writting more, but my time is running out. So, in conclusion, the stuff you give us is amazing, fun and has huge gameplay potential, though SOMETIMES I don't think you fully develop the the content you drop on us, it feels like it has no synergy with the rest of the game you gave us so far. And that's why there are parts of the game forgotten or after sometime veterans leave.
    But hey, these are my opinions and suggestions which are worth nothing.

...Oh, btw my favorite mellee weapon is [Broken War]^^
PowaRanja

The problem it´s not the drought content, it´s the almost 0 options that the game have to prevent this. Drought content it´s natural, i don´t expect DE release content every week and big updates every 3 months. I expect that every content that DE release have impact in the game, will be polished and no forgotten, that at least of every 5 updates one improve the progression of the game (give endgame, more mission with enemys more harder) 

I mean if you have conclave, then the game it´no only pve game, it´s a game focus in pve with a little focus in pvp. So yes, this content deserves revision and care, like archwings, mods, kuva... etc. Like every content that you have. 

The time has changed, DE it´s no more this company that every developer rejected, warframe it´s no more a game without content that need content every week, now have a lot of content. Now it´s time that fix the weakness of the game and improve more the strenghts. 

And play other games it´s not a solution at all. 

Agree with you. 

Edited by (PS4)robi191291

1 hour ago, PowaRanja said:

Make that forgotten content like FigtherFrame and Lunaro the "oasis in the desert". In which I mean, developing new ways (Marketing/Story lore/Ranks) in order to let players turn to PvP when the PVE content is drying so you can keep your player count active and healthy.

Why would players turn to PVP when they come play warframe wanting a PVE experience which is what the game is built focused on? Conclave was never even suppose to exist in the first place, [DE] only added it so players who enjoy some kind of PVP could do it. If there was any sort of progression in the game that depended on PVP, you could be sure many players would have already turned away.

2 hours ago, PowaRanja said:

Make that forgotten content like FigtherFrame and Lunaro the "oasis in the desert". In which I mean, developing new ways (Marketing/Story lore/Ranks) in order to let players turn to PvP when the PVE content is drying so you can keep your player count active and healthy. But for that remember, you need to create the urge of competition... oh and no "you grind/pay, you win"! For example PvP Deathmatch, just limit the use of items/Warframes from the PvE to the PvP by types/classes, and if you want variety for something that can be dull after playing so many times, make it have a "skin" of a weapon/frame you got. It doens't has to be perfect like high competitve games, just has to work.

It does work. It is in the game, right now. Nobody wants to play Warframe PvP. This would suggest your solution doesn't actually solve anything.

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Why would players turn to PVP when they come play warframe wanting a PVE experience which is what the game is built focused on? Conclave was never even suppose to exist in the first place, [DE] only added it so players who enjoy some kind of PVP could do it. If there was any sort of progression in the game that depended on PVP, you could be sure many players would have already turned away.

21 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

It does work. It is in the game, right now. Nobody wants to play Warframe PvP. This would suggest your solution doesn't actually solve anything.

we had Dark Sector Wars, which they said would come back, which a huge part of the community nowadays never saw or even knows about.

Spoiler

we still have and still can donate in our dojos to build spectre armies for said tower wars
but since that game mode was removed there's not really anything that supports or give a good reason for having a large clan or large alliances.

PVP may not be why many people come to warframe, but that's something which if made right would keep a large number of people still interested.
And we would not have to hear steve or rebbeca saying "Its okay to go play something else for a while"

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

1 minute ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

PVP may not be why many people come to warframe

Nobody comes to Warframe for a PvP experience. It was only added after people whined that there was no PvP and then promptly ignored by most of those people.

2 minutes ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

And we would not have to hear steve or rebbeca saying "Its okay to go play something else for a while"

It shouldn't take the devs of the game to know that it is okay to play other games. This is a F2P game with tons of users and a seemingly healthy revenue stream. It isn't going anywhere but it is easy to burn yourself out.

what i dont get is why so many people just bash headfirst against the ideia of working out some kinda of competitive aspect in the game in order to engage clans and alliances, but don't give any good ideias,they just keep saying that the game is fine, even though the DEVs know and acknowledge that there's a problem

8 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

It shouldn't take the devs of the game to know that it is okay to play other games. This is a F2P game with tons of users and a seemingly healthy revenue stream. It isn't going anywhere but it is easy to burn yourself out.

exactly and while on that topic of being a F2P game, what most biggest F2P games or just MMOs in general have in common?  a competitive aspect
something akin to clan wars or similar, even if sometimes that's not the focus of the game

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

17 hours ago, PowaRanja said:

when the PVE content is drying so you can keep your player count active and healthy. But for that remember, you need to create the urge of competition...

so yeah

14 hours ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

what most biggest F2P games or just MMOs in general have in common?  a competitive aspect

Warframe does need something to grab people after or between the PvE, and I can't see a better way than competition between players.. now what? well i could make a list of ideas but most of them were also used or are plain stupid

14 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Nobody comes to Warframe for a PvP experience.

Doubt that.. A new player doesn't play a game for the 1st time knowing what kind of game and the experience he is going to have. He starts playing because is something new, something to discover and to master it in case is a game he likes.
If the Warframe had good PvP or other modes that were good and had players playing it and you had just started playing it, wouldn't the new players be tempted to play those modes also? Oh and tell me, if Warframe had a competitive PvP mode good enough to play when most of verterens got bored of grind, wouldn't they give it a go from time to time?

But ok I understand your point in a certain way, and tbh.. I don't care if Warframe has a good PvP mode or not.. as long it has something to keep players interested in the game while we wait for more content instead of us leaving to play other stuff

Edited by PowaRanja
tweaking some words

16 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

as I said

17 hours ago, PowaRanja said:

oh and no "you grind/pay, you win"!

All they have to do is fix the f**king bugs which they keep ignoring for the past couple of years, I haven't installed warframe because of awesome content, their quest design and story writing is generic at best and they don't know the meaning of the word "balance" hence pvp is just there and that's it. There are better options for PVP like Fartnite and PUBG, knock yourself out. This is a game where you grind and farm, end-game in warframe is rinse and repeat and I like that. The reasons I uninstalled and took a break before are still there still crasing the game still causing host migrations for no damned reason and still no response nor any sort of fix not even a god damned recognition from DE. At this point f**k new content, fix the base of the building or it'll collapse on your head.

14 часов назад, peterc3 сказал:

Nobody comes to Warframe for a PvP experience.

Mistake) 

For example, I came to Warframe including for PvP experience. Because I knew that in this game PvP mode exists.
In this forum, there is often a topic asking for the introduction of new PvP regimes.
So your statement "no one" is absolutely wrong.
Another thing is that I personally do not like the implementation of PvP at the moment - the Conclave is too fast for me)) But I would be happy to play something like the Dark Sectors, a link to which was given above, or another interesting mode. And many of my friends are in the game as well.

PvP is a win-win way to keep players in the game during a content drought. 

18 minutes ago, Thoogah said:

All they have to do is fix the f**king bugs which they keep ignoring for the past couple of years, I haven't installed warframe because of awesome content, their quest design and story writing is generic at best and they don't know the meaning of the word "balance" hence pvp is just there and that's it. There are better options for PVP like Fartnite and PUBG, knock yourself out. This is a game where you grind and farm, end-game in warframe is rinse and repeat and I like that. The reasons I uninstalled and took a break before are still there still crasing the game still causing host migrations for no damned reason and still no response nor any sort of fix not even a god damned recognition from DE. At this point f**k new content, fix the base of the building or it'll collapse on your head.

bugs are a problem as well.. but it's not what makes people leave. In almost 400 hours only had not more of a dozen host migrations. NO I don't want to play other games.. i like warframe and is my main game to chill for a while. While "balance" is overrated af as well as this "Warframe-is-doing-things-bad-movement", all they need to do is rework mechanics like they are doing with mellee 3.0 in which I really hope it works xD

No need to keep bashing on DE for everything wrong.. chill.. you still can have fun

Edited by PowaRanja

18 hours ago, (PS4)robi191291 said:

The problem it´s not the drought content, it´s the almost 0 options that the game have to prevent this. Drought content it´s natural, i don´t expect DE release content every week and big updates every 3 months. I expect that every content that DE release have impact in the game, will be polished and no forgotten, that at least of every 5 updates one improve the progression of the game (give endgame, more mission with enemys more harder) 

This right here is gold. 

We have currently quite a few game modes which could be fun and rewarding, but after you get all the stuff you need there is no reason to come back. So why not improve those game modes? Introduce rotating rewards, or seasons, add more cosmetic items or a new vertical progression mechanic that would use those forgotten missions to upgrade our equipment. For example, why not give us an ability to turn some weapons into their prisma variants? I'm sure it would keep players occupied for some time.

7 hours ago, Genitive said:

I'm sure it would keep players occupied for some time.

that's what they already do, the problem is they take too long to add anything new as they began to recicle old stuff for new players,
but forgot that a large bunch of old players are hitting on that rock of "there's nothing else to do" / "already have everything" / "Tired of doing the same thing over and over"

45 minutes ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

that's what they already do, the problem is they take too long to add anything new as they began to recicle old stuff for new players,
but forgot that a large bunch of old players are hitting on that rock of "there's nothing else to do" / "already have everything" / "Tired of doing the same thing over and over"

Hmm, I shouldn't have phrased it like that. Don't know what I was thinking

Before in Warframe there were no serious content drought because DE managed to update the game quickly enough to give players enough stuff to do. But there is nothing to keep us going for the long run, really. Especially when there are players that have pretty much everything in the game and enough resources so immediately craft new things when they come out. Since I'm convinced that the game will not be updated as often as it used to there is a need for a buffer, basically to kill time, but not necessarily by doing one tedious thing over and over. 

I see 2 things that could be done about it. The first is to take those game modes (Rathuum, Index, Onslaught) and make them more interesting – add leader boards to all of them, but most importantly, add interesting rewards. They can even rotate to have different pools every couple of weeks. It might be an artificial extension, but still. It can't be stressed enough how important interesting rewards are. Not mods, endo, or exilus adapters, but things like new weapon skins, syandanas, sigils, noggles. Things of multiple use that we can show off, no things that we  either already have or won't fit in our builds. 

The second option is to take the aforementioned game modes and connect them via a new system that will, for example, allow players to upgrade their gear. And this is something aimed at more veteran players. It might be a way for them to also burn through some of their stockpiled resources. It has a potential of revitalising underused missions and wouldn't be limited to running one mission over and over again. Basically there is a place you sacrifice resources you get from special missions to upgrade a weapon. Think of gilding, but with more steps.

And that's it.

23 hours ago, PowaRanja said:

bugs are a problem as well.. but it's not what makes people leave. In almost 400 hours only had not more of a dozen host migrations. NO I don't want to play other games.. i like warframe and is my main game to chill for a while. While "balance" is overrated af as well as this "Warframe-is-doing-things-bad-movement", all they need to do is rework mechanics like they are doing with mellee 3.0 in which I really hope it works xD

No need to keep bashing on DE for everything wrong.. chill.. you still can have fun

Riiight right buddy, no need to bash on DE for the same bugs, crashes, freezes dating back years that are still not fixed and not even acknowledged. There are people who sunk way over 400 hours that leave to wait for new content. Plenty of people leave because of these persistent and persistently ignored issues to see if they are fixed with new content. I'm glad you had 400 hours with very little to no issues I have over 1k hours running into the same BS on a daily basis. Good luck swinging your sword while that host migration message covering your screen, I'm sure you'll love the new melee system with your screen frozen. 3.0 won't be changing anything it'll be a different system that's it, and balance is not "overrated", balance IS what makes PVP viable and fair, it is also the thing that makes PVE challenging and enjoyable.

Edited by Guest

On 2018-10-04 at 6:31 PM, PowaRanja said:

what really disturbs me is when you release some new small content 

I'm more disturbed by bigger things like Focus being half finished product even tho it is like 3 year old content,takes massive amount of time to complete ,has massive impact on the game and lore and it got updated to 2.0 without some important tweaks to abilities and focus tree which community rigtfuly demanded without any success.

I say having a good pvp mode that people actually like would be a great idea. Pvp games in general have much more replayability, and it would help veterans pass the time in content droughts, (Like right now) while also possibly bringing in a new audience of players, it never hurts to have more people playing the game, even though i personally Could care less about conclave i still think making it better Could be beneficial 

2 hours ago, RistN said:

I'm more disturbed by bigger things like Focus being half finished product even tho it is like 3 year old content,takes massive amount of time to complete ,has massive impact on the game and lore and it got updated to 2.0 without some important tweaks to abilities and focus tree which community rigtfuly demanded without any success.

This is another great example.   No matter how many trolls and contrarians try to divert attention and cape on the part of DE thinking they are going to gain some type of favor or something, the facts remain they are coming up short, and the userbase, your customers are getting fed up with the product and failed promises/incomplete and broken gameplay and modes along with lack of content.