The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR0's can't gift anymore?

DHNLExertedXanjaReinar

Question

So I'm on an MR0 primarily, and I have lots of things I'd like to gift people, prior to this I used to be able to gift but when i logged in roughly about 3-4 months later, a change was made and occurred and I wasn't able to find out about the problem that I've been trying to solve, and that was; "If MR0 isn't allowed to gift anymore, what Mastery Rank above 0 do you have to be in order to gift?". Trying to figure that out was difficult since I couldn't find any leads or any concise evidence to prove what rank you'd now have to be in order to gift people, and so now I'm here, typing behind a screen wanting help on how to gift people, since I've strictly left this to remain an MR0, nothing more, nothing less. As proven difficult I tried rectifying this on zendesk support but to no avail they have not responded in roughly 1-3 weeks, and clearly making 2 posts about it made it that much more difficult to be answered.

If you do know this answer or the patch notes that do provide this nonsense that has occured, answers would be appreciated.

Regards, XanjaReinar.

7 answers to this question

The logic behind it could be something about trading. You have to be MR2 or higher to trade. So, it would fairly logical to restrict gifting to those with at least MR2. (there was an event a while back where gift restrictions were removed)

I have no idea if this is the reason or not. But it is the only logical thing I can think of. Unless you do not have tradeable plat.

Only thing I can think of is , maybe DE made that change in order to prevent people gifting stuff ( with starting platinum ) from their alt accounts to their main accounts ? Or something like that.

You need to be MR2 to gift stuff to others.

6 hours ago, DHNLExertedXanjaReinar said:

So I'm on an MR0 primarily, and I have lots of things I'd like to gift people, prior to this I used to be able to gift but when i logged in roughly about 3-4 months later, a change was made and occurred and I wasn't able to find out about the problem that I've been trying to solve, and that was; "If MR0 isn't allowed to gift anymore, what Mastery Rank above 0 do you have to be in order to gift?". Trying to figure that out was difficult since I couldn't find any leads or any concise evidence to prove what rank you'd now have to be in order to gift people, and so now I'm here, typing behind a screen wanting help on how to gift people, since I've strictly left this to remain an MR0, nothing more, nothing less. As proven difficult I tried rectifying this on zendesk support but to no avail they have not responded in roughly 1-3 weeks, and clearly making 2 posts about it made it that much more difficult to be answered.

If you do know this answer or the patch notes that do provide this nonsense that has occured, answers would be appreciated.

Regards, XanjaReinar.

Since Gift can be viewed as one sided trading and for trading you need to be atleast MR2, may be there lies the problem IMO.

And also just curious why are you at MR0 though? It takes less item to level up to MR2 than waiting for a reply from support.

5 hours ago, 541K4T said:

Since Gift can be viewed as one sided trading and for trading you need to be atleast MR2, may be there lies the problem IMO.

And also just curious why are you at MR0 though? It takes less item to level up to MR2 than waiting for a reply from support.

lots of vets in 2013/14 made MR0 alts for something extra to do when we ran out of things to do on our mains, back then there were no quest/junction locks, loads of gear was still MR0 like prime weapons, a load of baro's gear was MR0, all of that has changed now tho with only some melee weapons still remaining low/0 rank (until melee 3.0 hits) even in 2018 and all the added blocks to low MR alt accounts, after that much time/investment theres not much point leveling them up given we still have high MR mains so may as well keep them at 0.