Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 9.7.3

[DE]Rebecca

Fun fact, the one creating Wraith's stat is a different part of the development team.

So, yeah. They just slap in stats that they think would fit.

Of course, 190 damaged shotgun with 6 ammo and 50% crit chance was so fitting that they think "Hey, you know what? Let's not test this thing and just call it a day! I bet NO ONE will say this as an issue!"

Hotfix 9.7.3

-Buffed Tenno whining. We felt that there weren't enough Tenno complaining in the forums, so we have taken steps to increase the viability of  complaining.

You sir deserve a medal!

I don't get what all the fuss is about... It was way to over powered to begin with which is why it's crit got nerfed and regardless of that fact it still has the highest crit out of all the shotguns beating the next closest 12.5%. Don't get me wrong I understand the validity of the argument about its release making prior shotguns "obsolete" but seriously this is why they are constantly balancing the game so that argument is a moot point.

"The number 5 is above the 2 on the number pad" is a sorry, flawed and unbelievable excuse. NOBODY uses the number pad in regular typing, and in that case 2 is 3 numbers away from 5, and you have to be dyslexic to make that mistake. DE, please give us a little more respect and tell us the real reason you wrecked our reward. Its like getting a check with overtime on it and you employer says - "Sorry, we made a mistake, you don't get overtime..." and take it out of your next paycheck.

You have got to stop trying to make the game OVER BALANCED. If people work hard for something that will give them an advantage, you end up nerfing it, even after describing it as such. Its starting to feel like Zynga - the company that rewards it's long time players with impossible goals and stagnancy. You should support ALL players, not just new ones. Some people will play forever (generating cash for you in the process) but your running people away with these "balancing" games. Nobody is going to pay for new stuff if when you add all the parameters they all come out the same.

People get caught up in mathematical formulas, but it's very simple to evaluate whether something is higher class than something else. Use one of the horse racing methods, give a point for each attribute and a minus for each negative - I bet you'll find that there is not that much variety or advantage one weapon or warframe to another. There may be from one level to another, but once you compare all the same mastery level items, there isn't really a difference. You might mod one up with crits and the other with elements - but they all turn out to kill enemies no better than the other - and since the Wraith Strun was falling outside of the "acceptable parameters", it was nerfed. Now you got a regular shotgun, with an ugly skin on it for all your hard work to get it. Shameful, DE - just shameful.

Is all anyone does in this forum is cry and complain?  Its an awesome gun, and you spent all of 20 minutes in an easy (and fun) survival to get it. Just shut up.  The whining is disgraceful.

Yes - that's why they keep nerfing stuff. The only problem is the anti-nerfers don't post in the whiners topics and end up commenting AFTER it has already happened.

"The number 5 is above the 2 on the number pad" is a sorry, flawed and unbelievable excuse. NOBODY uses the number pad in regular typing, and in that case 2 is 3 numbers away from 5, and you have to be dyslexic to make that mistake. DE, please give us a little more respect and tell us the real reason you wrecked our reward. Its like getting a check with overtime on it and you employer says - "Sorry, we made a mistake, you don't get overtime..." and take it out of your next paycheck.

You have got to stop trying to make the game OVER BALANCED. If people work hard for something that will give them an advantage, you end up nerfing it, even after describing it as such. Its starting to feel like Zynga - the company that rewards it's long time players with impossible goals and stagnancy. You should support ALL players, not just new ones. Some people will play forever (generating cash for you in the process) but your running people away with these "balancing" games. Nobody is going to pay for new stuff if when you add all the parameters they all come out the same.

People get caught up in mathematical formulas, but it's very simple to evaluate whether something is higher class than something else. Use one of the horse racing methods, give a point for each attribute and a minus for each negative - I bet you'll find that there is not that much variety or advantage one weapon or warframe to another. There may be from one level to another, but once you compare all the same mastery level items, there isn't really a difference. You might mod one up with crits and the other with elements - but they all turn out to kill enemies no better than the other - and since the Wraith Strun was falling outside of the "acceptable parameters", it was nerfed. Now you got a regular shotgun, with an ugly skin on it for all your hard work to get it. Shameful, DE - just shameful.

Because DE isn't human, right? They're robots who can't make a mistake, and if they do, then obviously they're lying.

Also, Strun Wraith isn't a "normal shotgun". It's still THE most powerful shotgun in the game. highest base damage. highest crit chance. highest crit damage. second highest rate of fire (excluding Boar). Damage and Crit scales better with mods than any other shotgun currently in the game.

You're full of S#&$. Stop crying.

Edited by SoulEchelon

For those saying the Swraith was/is OP , I challange you to gun down Phorid as fast as you can and then do it again with a fully damage loaded Sobek.

I'll stick with a Sobek thanks :)

(that's a for a pure shotgun vs shotgun comparison , vs an Acrid wouldn't be fair on the poor shotty)

Yeah , base crit *should* be around 25~30% , another thing it could do with is a 12 round clip - then it starts to look like an "upgrade" in comparison to existing shotguns.

As is , maybe worth leveling for Mastery but not much else.

[MM]

P.S. Gotta love all the ppl calling for nerfs who simply can't do math......

Because DE isn't human, right? They're robots who can't make a mistake, and if they do, then obviously they're lying.

Also, Strun Wraith isn't a "normal shotgun". It's still THE most powerful shotgun in the game. highest base damage. highest crit chance. highest crit damage. second highest rate of fire (excluding Boar). Damage and Crit scales better with mods than any other shotgun currently in the game.

You're full of S#&$. Stop crying.

I want to see you crying when devs will nerf your acrid and kunai. :P

Tsk another "incorrect" value when it is most likely pointed at players who are whining about the crit rate.

Cmon this is an event shotgun. It is supposed to be better. so don't go on *@##$ing about in the forums abt how OP a gun is or whatsoever.

Strun Wraith was too damn easy to get. Free weapon, free slot for it, free potato. 20 minutes of surviving wasn't hard at all. Why are people crying so hard about the nerf?

Edited by Won_Doe

I see you've never written code or filled in any datasheet. That's not regular typing.

I want to see you crying when devs will nerf your acrid and kunai. :P

I don't use kunai. I do have an acrid, but I only use it when I'm in a team that's counting on me to aid in damage output. Fun-wise, I stick with shotguns and revolvers.

Never assume things. It eventually makes you look like a dumbass.

Edit: and to add, I actually welcome a nerf in Acrid. Either that, or raise its mastery level. It needs to be a much harder to obtain weapon if it's this powerful.

I see you've never written code or filled in any datasheet. That's not regular typing.

True. I forgot to point that out in my own post towards that guy. The numpad is heavily used during most "business-centered" typing. If you don't know how to use the numpad by heart, you might as well not even try to get a clerical position with any reputable company.

Edited by SoulEchelon

sooooooo many whiners not happy with 20% crit chance (which is the same as the SV and Lanka). do you think DE would keep it at 50% BASE chance w/o mods? get real.

and i don't expect it to replace my end-game weapons but i'll still put work into it cuz it's FUN

shotguns don't have +150% crit chance and +180% crit damage mods. Do not compare it with SV, this makes no sense.

So with existing mods, their actual stats are (with maxed crit stats):

20% shotguns crit + blunderbuss 90% = 38% crit chance

175% crit damage + ravage 60% = 280% crit damage. 

OMFG! It's so huge!

Comparing with lanka/SV: 50% crit chance and 420% crit damage - yeah, feel no difference. I don't even tell about serration which is more gaining alone (+165%) than both shotgun's damage mods installed. 

And wraith's basedamage is still BULLET type, not even and IMPACT type. So the only advantages WStrun has left is basedamage value. So, nerfing poor event shotty? Great job, DE. I won't participate in your events anymore, no point - you'll screw the reward "because of mistakes".

Edited by MECT0HET

as ive said all along DE is about the money not the player base

here you go player base a gun that works well and is effective at level 70+

then DE relises that if they give you a gun that is effective you wont be motivated to BUY anything else

THEY want you to spend money they "FIX" the game so you have to spend money

DE stop bieng so greedy you make more than enough off of people for other non usefull items ingame people just have to have

shotguns don't have +150% crit chance and +180% crit damage mods. Do not compare it with SV, this makes no sense.

That's the point - at the end of the day shotgun mods are the problem. Slap another 5 dots on Flechette, buff Blunderbuss by 5% at least, maybe add a crit chance dual mod for shotguns and good times will come.

as ive said all along DE is about the money not the player base

here you go player base a gun that works well and is effective at level 70+

then DE relises that if they give you a gun that is effective you wont be motivated to BUY anything else

THEY want you to spend money they "FIX" the game so you have to spend money

DE stop bieng so greedy you make more than enough off of people for other non usefull items ingame people just have to have

Sure and that's exactly why they made pretty much everything (except pure cosmetics) obtainable for free in game. I bet they are doing Pt giveaways and special alerts every livestream for same reason. Oh and don't forget about exclusive weapons with free slot and Orokin Reactor as event rewards (including shotgun with best stats in game even after fix) - that's just so mean! Great thinking here...

Edited by xGryphus

And shotgun crit mods are worthless again.

It was fun while it lasted, folks.

edit: I was wrong, critbuild is still better than rainbow damage modding.

7273.2 damage per shot with a rainbow mod loadout.

7686.84 damage with crit mod loadout.

Where do you get your figures from ?