Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How much focus!?

(PSN)Kal-Gura

Ok, so I'm not new to Warframe, been playing it since launch on my ps4. But one thing I have been working on lately is trying to build up my operator a bit more. So I'm still trying to max out my standard arm, projectile thingy, (can't remember it's name)...oh no wait, Amp. Sorry, so yeah trying to max that out, which is a pain because it's rubbish, and slowly garnering focus for my chosen skill tree. Now, after a fair bit of researching I have discovered that there are the way-nodes that you can permanently unlock (oh yeah baby), and make your operator so much more viable in battle. To then discover just how much focus you would require to reach that stage. My initial "dafuq' reaction was hastily replaced by outrage. I'm aware that there are a lot of vets out there that can farm ridiculous amounts of focus in a single sitting, but for a casual player like myself it's simply unobtainable. I mean c'mon DE, one MILLION focus points!!?? Who the #*!% gave that the go-ahead!? I'm having a good day if I walk away with 2000 focus after a match. I understand not wanting it to be easy but holy S#&$. Make it that you have to beat the teralyst 10 times solo, or kill 500 vomuvysts, or something, anything that is not too easy but not so hard that you have to miss an awesome ability because you simply cannot commit that much time. Please hear my cry, and at least reduce the amount required. Surely I'm not alone with this? Let me know your thoughts and if you have any tips do tell.

Thank you

Sike, you thought 1mil was all you need? haHAH, you just got pranked bro.

Spoiler

but yea they're stupid. you need multiple nodes to get started, it suppose to be end game, who'd knew they're just gonna bump the grind, unless you're into arcanes dropped by eidolons, dont bother, if not for the arcanes people will abandon eidolons harder than conclave. buggy, time gate, cancerous visuals, poorly designed mechanics, not to mention 99% focus-tree is useless everywhere else.

Youtube equinox focus farm for, well, focus.

Wait for Fortuna to see if spiders drop arcanes, hopefully they're more fun.

other than that don't know what to tell you.

It's actually relatively easy to gather that much Focus, once you're prepared. Make sure everything you have equipped has a Focus lens of the same school installed, preferably a Greater lens. From there, you have a couple options:

1. If you're still working your way to being "end-game" and don't have the best equipment yet, head to Hydron, Sedna, and try to make it to wave 20. Make sure to only grab Focus orbs at the start of a wave, or as close to the start as possible, to ensure maximum gains. If you have a good squad, you should rack up several thousand Focus per orb by doing this.

2. If you're confident in your gear level, head to Elite Sanctuary Onslaught. The Focus gains you can bring in from this are absolutely ridiculous, especially with a well-structured squad. Done right, you can easily hit your daily Focus cap within half an hour, tops.

Even better than this is to run Eidolon hunts, which completely circumvent your Focus cap, but it requires you to already have improved your Operator's combat abilities. There are droves of topics on learning and improving in Eidolon hunts already, so I won't go into too much detail here, but I will say this: Becoming an efficient hunter can earn you multiple millions of Focus per night, once you've reached the height of your capabilities, and persistent hunting can greatly speed your progression to that point.

14 hours ago, (PS4)Kal-Gura said:

one MILLION focus points!!?? Who the #*!% gave that the go-ahead!?

There's also the hidden pool cost you don't immediately see, since you need to increase the cap to fit more abilities. And if you want everything maxed everywhere it will cost you exactly     52,660,819 Focus Points - which may seem a lot at first, but when you consider that with Adaro stealth farming, Elite Sanctuary Onslaught (bring Eidolon lenses!) and Eidolon hunting you can average well over 500k (much, MUCH more if you do more Eidolons) in one day you can earn all that in pretty reasonable time. 

15 hours ago, (PS4)Kal-Gura said:

Ok, so I'm not new to Warframe, been playing it since launch on my ps4. But one thing I have been working on lately is trying to build up my operator a bit more. So I'm still trying to max out my standard arm, projectile thingy, (can't remember it's name)...oh no wait, Amp. Sorry, so yeah trying to max that out, which is a pain because it's rubbish, and slowly garnering focus for my chosen skill tree. Now, after a fair bit of researching I have discovered that there are the way-nodes that you can permanently unlock (oh yeah baby), and make your operator so much more viable in battle. To then discover just how much focus you would require to reach that stage. My initial "dafuq' reaction was hastily replaced by outrage. I'm aware that there are a lot of vets out there that can farm ridiculous amounts of focus in a single sitting, but for a casual player like myself it's simply unobtainable. I mean c'mon DE, one MILLION focus points!!?? Who the #*!% gave that the go-ahead!? I'm having a good day if I walk away with 2000 focus after a match. I understand not wanting it to be easy but holy S#&$. Make it that you have to beat the teralyst 10 times solo, or kill 500 vomuvysts, or something, anything that is not too easy but not so hard that you have to miss an awesome ability because you simply cannot commit that much time. Please hear my cry, and at least reduce the amount required. Surely I'm not alone with this? Let me know your thoughts and if you have any tips do tell.

Thank you

That's the thing about this game. If you look at at the end of the line when you're just beginning, it seems as though it is near impossible to get there. You remember being a newb and seeing those god-like killing machines with MR 10 that just obliterated everything before you could blink and were sitting at the extraction while you had been rushing to get there wondering how the heck they did it? Well as we leveled up, we advanced by leaps and bounds, it's not linear. 

The same thing applies to the focus schools, amps, and waybounds. 

As you start to level the nodes up, you will increase in power rapidly. Hunting Eidolons becomes easier. Harvesting cores to trade for standing happens so fast that you have a surplus of hundreds that you can't spend fast enough. You realise that to unlock the waybounds you only need 41 of the Teralyst shards and you can usually farm those in 4's and 5's per Cetus night in casual public groups. (25000 focus a piece plus one to actually unlock it.) 

Then having unlocked more Operator health you notice that you don't get downed. With the health regen unlocked you start wondering how you ever found staying alive difficult. With the extra energy for your amps you are just blasting away without having to worry about cooldown. With the extra operator energy you can spam power and add to the speed and void dash distance and you might even start wondering why you ever needed that archwing. 

Don't worry about the future, you will get there if you work on it. 

Here's how to get MAX focus gains:

Get a frame that can keep enemies unalerted for stealth takedowns: Max range, efficiency, duration Equinox.

Get a long range melee: Polearm or Whip modded to kill in 1 slide attack.

Equip the highest tier lenses you can: Eidolon lens is best but go for Greater lens if you can't get those. Equip to Equinox and your melee.

Mission: Any Grineer Exterminate but preferably Adaro, Sedna but if this is too hard then try the one on Saturn just watch out for Noxs. Grineer have a higher stealth XP reward than other enemy types.

Boosters: Obvious Affinity Booster, Naramon Melee affinity node selected, Smeeta kavat's Charm buff.

Extra credit: Capture some Eidolons.

If you combine these things you will max all 5 focus trees as quickly as possible. I've been maxed myself for almost a year now and I have the freedom to use whatever focus tree suits my task.

Edited by (PS4)Double991

1 hour ago, NoLazyShadow said:

Yet there is no end game in focus and edilons

from a Game design perspective Focus and Edilons were added as a end game mechanic in the sense of what the term end game means and/or a response to the community complaining about wasted experience.

Player opinion may differ

Thank you all very much for your time and insight. I have certainly understood the point made that I shouldn't worry about it and once I'm ready for it, it won't be so bad. And as for the farming tips they are superb. I will be using them specifically when I come to doing it. I will focus a bit more on gaining XP and other activities. But again thank you all, what a wonderful and helpful community.

On 2018-10-18 at 9:56 PM, (PS4)Kal-Gura said:

My initial "dafuq' reaction was hastily replaced by outrage. I'm aware that there are a lot of vets out there that can farm ridiculous amounts of focus in a single sitting, but for a casual player like myself it's simply unobtainable. I mean c'mon DE, one MILLION focus points!!??

You'll get there.

It looks impossible at first, but the majority of abilities are mostly useless. You want the first 2 passive and the 2 waybound, and you don't need every tree to start making a difference.

1) start with Zenurik - the first 2 passives are game changers. They'll open up all the frames that depend on energy to work (you can do this with maxed Arcane Energise too, but that comes much later).

2) the first 2 waybound abilities on Zenurik you need for Eidolons - with a rank or two they'll give you enough time in the void to dodge most of the attacks.

With these 4 nodes you can survive much higher level content and do things like constant Prowl Ivara, constant Razorwing Titania, keep Mesa's shattershield up, etc. When you can't you can stay in operator void mode and escape. Certain bosses are trivial with this as you can just wait out their attacks.

3) Next up are the first 2 passives on Naramon - these let you get massive combo counters (and hence crit damage or status) and give you more focus when you melee. Most farming relies on these + the 500% affinity boost you can get for stealth kills on unalerted enemies (hollow arrows on the map)

From here you need to get into Eidolon hunts and bounties. Eidolons give you a shard worth 25k focus each, and you'll need to grind at least 50 of them. You want high crit radiation damage and ignore procs, bring a frame that buffs attacks or others. You need the bounties for lenses (though I find I still buy them for plat, because nobody has time for that).

Make sure you're always levelling gear (for MR) or using lenses on maxed gear (for focus). The same tricks work for both, so you can just get an affinity booster, get a kill-everyone frame (Saryn, Banshee, Mesa, etc) and go to Hydron (little defence map on Sedna - everyone stays in boost range and Grineer enemies are worth consistent affinity). That'll give you solid 10-20k for 10-20 waves. There are better ways to farm focus, but it's all about momentum.