Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disappointed With Nyx rework list

Bombarder0

2 minutes ago, Teridax68 said:

This is only damage on paper, though. Even if a single unit were to deal Tigris Prime damage on every bullet with an automatic rifle (and you yourself are telling me that there's no knowing what the actual damage conversion ratio is), they would still have fairly limited range, mobility, and accuracy. What makes us Tenno so good at killing isn't just our weapon damage, but our ability to quickly relocate in order to kill enemies as quickly as possible. Meanwhile, enemy AI is notoriously sketchy, so that one Mind Controlled unit with godlike damage may not be all that effective if they can only focus one enemy at a time, and are stuck walking through a level while everyone else is bullet jumping through.

Exactly... no matter how much damage the thrall can potentially do, it will never be on the same level of usefulness as, say, Khora's Venari or Revenant's thralls, not to mention the rest of her outdated kit. She's not the only older frame with that problem, of course... but since she is the only classic "pet frame", it's much more apparent, at this point.

Not to mention if they don't change her augments, her 1 augment with loads of power strength is a 1500% multiplier at max. No weapon will have ever been stronger.  Nyx's for Star Chart overlord 2019.

If we are able to proc in those 4 seconds of damage boosting,  few status secondary shots and condition overload, glaive prime power throw, headshot easily hits 1/2 a million. 

Edited by Squeekly

I'm not too sure why people say that Nyx's Mind Control is better than Revenant's Enthrall. Is it better to have a single non-buffed pet vs having infectious mind control over 7 enemies, of which can be purged before their time is up AND turns into a damage pillar of eidolon heatseeking missles?

4 hours ago, Squeekly said:

Not to mention if they don't change her augments, her 1 augment with loads of power strength is a 1500% multiplier at max. No weapon will have ever been stronger.  Nyx's for Star Chart overlord 2019.

If we are able to proc in those 4 seconds of damage boosting,  few status secondary shots and condition overload, glaive prime power throw, headshot easily hits 1/2 a million. 

The mob AI is going to negate that damage buff. It won't be any use if the AI isn't stupidly aggressive to dish out all of that extra damage you pumped into it. What they NEED to do with the thralls/mind controlled AI is to amp up their aggro 10xs, increase their fire rate, and increase their movement speed.

Edited by Im_a_Turtle

36 minutes ago, Im_a_Turtle said:

I'm not too sure why people say that Nyx's Mind Control is better than Revenant's Enthrall. Is it better to have a single non-buffed pet vs having infectious mind control over 7 enemies, of which can be purged before their time is up AND turns into a damage pillar of eidolon heatseeking missles?

The mob AI is going to negate that damage buff. It won't be any use if the AI isn't stupidly aggressive to dish out all of that extra damage you pumped into it. What they NEED to do with the thralls/mind controlled AI is to amp up their aggro 10xs, increase their fire rate, and increase their movement speed.

Which would be far too much work, since enemy AI is fundamentally crappy... the only other possible fix is: Make the MC thrall an actual pet, using companion AI...

12 minutes ago, WarBaby2 said:

Which would be far too much work, since enemy AI is fundamentally crappy... the only other possible fix is: Make the MC thrall an actual pet, using companion AI...

That seems like even more work switching out AI on the fly. I still think that increasing their fire rate and general movement speed (+animation speed) will make Mind Control just barely worth it.

What would make it a competitive ability is if they allowed Mind Control to take over 2 enemies at once.

Getting two uber dmg-buff Noxes/heavy gunners in the middle of a Survival Sortie would be a god send. Funny thing is that the Revenant does a lot better in that type of situation than Nyx has ever been able to do.

Edited by Im_a_Turtle

4 minutes ago, Im_a_Turtle said:

That seems like even more work switching out AI on the fly. I still think that increasing their fire rate and general movement speed (+animation speed) will make Mind Control just barely worth it.

What would make it a competitive ability is if they allowed Mind Control to take over 2 enemies at once.

Getting two uber dmg-buff Noxes/heavy gunners in the middle of a Survival Sortie would be a god send. Funny thing is that the Revenant does a lot better in that type of situation than Nyx has ever been able to do.

I dunno, just make it a secondary sentinel, give it the appearance (and type of attack) of the enemy you want to control, and a decent damage boost - done.

4 minutes ago, WarBaby2 said:

I dunno, just make it a secondary sentinel, give it the appearance (and type of attack) of the enemy you want to control, and a decent damage boost - done.

That sounds like a fantastic mechanic for a Mimic warframe but it doesn't sound like an idea that the developers would be willing to put work hours into if it were just to revamp the Nyx.

Edited by Im_a_Turtle

1 minute ago, Im_a_Turtle said:

That sounds like a fantastic mechanic for a Mimic warframe but it doesn't sound like an idea that the developers would be willing to put work hours into if it were just to revamp the Nyx.

Uhhh... a mimic, huh? Nice idea...

Anywho... I just think it would be worth it. Compared to newer frames, Nyx and the other oldies really fell out of style.

16 hours ago, Im_a_Turtle said:

The mob AI is going to negate that damage buff. It won't be any use if the AI isn't stupidly aggressive to dish out all of that extra damage you pumped into it.

If that damage scales into fire eximus explosion, we have a map eraser. 

As long as we aren't mind controlling units that have tactical movements,  although when I threw out every specter at once,  including a Industry which kept most of the group alive,  the Corrupted Lancer lasted the longest as it took cover behind objects. 

Which is where multiple controlled ai helps as they begin to take advantage of the ai hive mind, and see what other ai see. 

Anyway, mind control a bombard or something that doesn't get super defensive will help for dps...  

From what I recall rebuffs style on units,  so a speedva can really help,  but that's to niche..  Once mind controlled they can be buffed by allies also. 

• 1 month later...

I can't really speak for her other abilities cos I don't use them but Chaos needs to be an aura that moves with her and affects enemies within its radius. Its too static and even with the Augment doesn't really suit missions that require constant movement and large distances to be covered. It has to be recast upon every new group of enemies out of the previous cast range. 

The reason Passive changed from Disarm to Accuracy Reduction is to synergize with Absorb.

Idk if melee can accumulate point for Absorb so thats their start to rework.

Obviously i would like the passive to be given to allies as well.

Absorb should have base range of 30m and proc knockdown effect. Anyone who deactivate absorb while enemy from 30 meter away can kill you since they cant be knockdown because they are too far away.

18 hours ago, Eisdschungel said:

Im prolly just having an r/whoosh moment but for what reason would you want to give an accuracy reduction to your allies? That sounds awful

As in "enemy" gain the accuracy reduction when they try to shoot our team. The reworked passive, only reduce enemy accuracy when against nyx but not allies.

13 hours ago, ChaosSabre said:

Saying that this rework is bad is hard to say till it actually comes out. If the mind control target absorbs all your damage and scales with power strength and duration just imagine taking a heavy gunner firing a couple of tigris prime shots at her and watch her decimate everything in the path. Which honestly sounds really really broken.

Unless those mind control target not trying to seek cover and leaving you alone.