Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Idea: Scoped/Sniper Crossbow

ModernGreg

I think, at least for me, having a crossbow with a scope could really expand the fun I have in Warframe. It would give me the futuristic assassin vibe while still giving me an ancient feel to it, due to the use of arrows. What do you guys think? Maybe it could even be an option that while free-aiming it's fully automatic like the Zhuge, but while scoped it turns into a sniper crossbow of sorts. 

I dont see any benefits on adding Scopes to Crossbows considering the projectiles fly in an arc despite the projectile`s velocity. Scopes dont help out much to have a notion of how much the projectile drops at range.

Also, there is the Attica which is a better Automatic Crossbow to the Zhuge and a new Crossbow will be coming with Garuda. ❤️

A sniper scoped crossbow with our normal arrow mechanics sounds a little fiddley for me.  But make it a regular projectile with no arcing and I'd be into it just for style.

Edit: ...style and pinning mooks to walls, that is.

Edited by Tiltskillet

14 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I dont see any benefits on adding Scopes to Crossbows considering the projectiles fly in an arc despite the projectile`s velocity. Scopes dont help out much to have a notion of how much the projectile drops at range.

Also, there is the Attica which is a better Automatic Crossbow to the Zhuge and a new Crossbow will be coming with Garuda. ❤️

I suppose we have the range indicator on the scope when zoomed in, so 
a mill dot scope would help in elevation for trajectory fire, with reasonable degree of accuracy for long range
when accounting for the drop over range.

As well as account for target movement and arrow travel time by leading the target.

600px-Pso1scope.png?version=3d215fcdb215

hawke-crossbow-scope.jpg

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

3 hours ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

I suppose we have the range indicator on the scope when zoomed in, so 
a mill dot scope would help in elevation for trajectory fire, with reasonable degree of accuracy for long range
when accounting for the drop over range.

As well as account for target movement and arrow travel time by leading the target.

600px-Pso1scope.png?version=3d215fcdb215

hawke-crossbow-scope.jpg

That looks amazing. I would love it if they'd implement something similar to it. 

If it uses the Daikyu's projectile mechanics, yes! I have been fantasizing about a sniperbow por a LOOOONG time. Make it big and menacing. While also making the altfire switch between scoped (single shot, high damage, high criticals) or unscoped (burst, high firerate, very high status chance). Damage should primarily Puncture and Slash

That'd be cool.

people mention arrow drop off but... ever consider that they could give the projectile mechanics like the boltor? Since this crossbow would prioritize accuracy and strength over speed, it would theoretically be able to fly a lot farther before any drop in its flight path. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)wulvyrn said:

the text on the hud said zhuge from the garuda gameplay.  i've not seen any where mention of a new crossbow.  when the patch notes come out, i'll be reading them over some coffee.

It's a placeholder name. They've said it's a new weapon.