Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nunchaku Weapons: Need More of Them Plus Stances

GkarB5

So last night, I used the Ninkondi (nunchaku-type weapon) because it was the boon-weapon for an Arbitration survival - and I had a very good time using it. The sound it makes was especially pleasing to listen to at high volume.

It's a shame that this game only has 2 nunchaku-type weapons (Ninkondi & Shaku) and only 1 stance mod: Atlantis Vulcan.

DE should introduce a three-sectional-staff weapon with a new stance mod.

The video below (starting at the 4:44 mark) shows how a three-sectional-staff is used in a fight:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MickThejaguar said:

Ninkondi is honestly my favorite right now and it'd be nice to get a crit and/or hybrid Nunchaku so that I could have some build diversity. 

Thank you for your quick reply!

Yes, I definitely agree that Warframe would benefit by having a crit and/or hybrid Nunchaku-type weapon.

The Ninkondi & Shaku are both high status chance weapons with low crit chance.

Also, the built-in reach of a three-sectional staff would be much higher than a nunchaku (which is essentially a two-sectional staff).  Therefore, a three-sectional staff with a Primed Reach mod would be very helpful during high-level missions.

I suppose this choreography is slight faster and kind of shows the full feature.

Though talking about nunchaku and 3 section staff kind of reminds me of this.
it's a 3-in-1 staff + three section staff + dual nunchaku.
Though Dual Nunchuck from what I learnt is the holstered animation and not really used for combat.

235383.jpg

I kind of did this commission about a decade ago, this is the full conversion features.
 staff_com_by_xianghua-dcq54kl.jpg genso_suikoden_5_staff_by_xianghua-d8ewv travel_by_xianghua-dcq54op.jpg 

I suppose with concept like Tiberon Prime, the 3 modes can be Crit (Staff), Hybrid (three section staff), Status (dual nunchaku)

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

5 hours ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

I suppose this choreography is slight faster and kind of shows the full feature.

Though talking about nunchaku and 3 section staff kind of reminds me of this.
it's a 3-in-1 staff + three section staff + dual nunchaku.
Though Dual Nunchuck from what I learnt is the holstered animation and not really used for combat.

235383.jpg

I kind of did this commission about a decade ago, this is the full conversion features.
 staff_com_by_xianghua-dcq54kl.jpg genso_suikoden_5_staff_by_xianghua-d8ewv travel_by_xianghua-dcq54op.jpg 

I suppose with concept like Tiberon Prime, the 3 modes can be Crit (Staff), Hybrid (three section staff), Status (dual nunchaku)

NICE!!!!  I definitely like your idea about a staff that can convert into a double nunchaku or a 3-sectional staff!

Unfortunately, I can't watch the first video in your post because its blocked for viewers in the USA which is where I'm located. The second video I was able to watch showing Bruce Lee's double nunchaku technique & it seems that it has very limited uses. When he switches to 1 nunchaku - he seems to be able to do more numerous & varied techniques as opposed to the double nunchaku.

Thank you very much for your nicely detailed reply & l'm looking forward to keeping this conversation going! 

8 hours ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

I was thinking of... chaining 2 hate and make stalker's new nunchuck

This kind of fighting.

THIS is what I want in melee 3.0

THIS is how advanced space ninjas with advanced space technolgy should be fighting.

3 hours ago, GkarB5 said:

Here’s a 42-minute instructional video for the 3-section staff showing basic blocks & strikes plus a form toward the end:

The moves kind of resembles the whip, spin to win much.
Though the more sections in a weapon usually contribute to harder to master (higher mastery rank)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2018-10-22 at 8:07 PM, GkarB5 said:

It's a shame that this game only has 2 nunchaku-type weapons (Ninkondi & Shaku) and only 1 stance mod: Atlantis Vulcan

I think this is because nobody uses them, and that in turn is because they just aren't very good.

They hit one enemy, at very close range, not particularly fast and with mediocre status/crit. I'm sure you can use them and they look cool, but you'll kill more enemies quicker with just about any other weapon. Even the one and only warfan in the game is more effective.

However, I agree, I'd rather level another one of these over yet another dual sword (stop with the dual swords already). However for it to not be MR fodder it needs something to make it worthwhile.

On the plus side Melee 3 is coming, and with it a weapon balance pass and Reach mods changed to an amount rather than a %, which will hurt whips (they can currently hit past shotgun range) but maybe make nunchaku viable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-01-22 at 4:19 PM, (XB1)KayAitch said:

They hit one enemy, at very close range, not particularly fast and with mediocre status/crit. I'm sure you can use them and they look cool, but you'll kill more enemies quicker with just about any other weapon. Even the one and only warfan in the game is more effective.

Nunchaku actually have a fairly fast attack speed and hit multiple times per swing. Ninkondi in particular have a 35% status chance, which is not mediocre as it allows it to reach 100% status with the dual stat mods. This weapon's biggest shortcoming is it's modest crit and low base damage, but it's leagues above the warfan. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MickThejaguar said:

Nunchaku actually have a fairly fast attack speed

1 (average) and 1.17 - meh, ok, I guess. On a heavy weapon I'd agree, but for a close weapon this is painfully slow.

Ninkondi in particular have a 35% status chance, which is not mediocre as it allows it to reach 100% status with the dual stat mods. 

Yes, but you're not going to be hitting enough enemies for that to matter. If that was on a polearm zaw that would be awesome, but on a single hit weapon that's poor.

It's not like pellet shotguns where 100% is a magic number that changes the equation.

There are a load of melee weapons that can hit 100% status, and all of them have longer range.

it's leagues above the warfan

I find the Gunsen annoying and broken, but it's stance gives you crazy numbers of Slash procs on a chain of hits and 400% damage on the last 2. Yeah, lower status, but more crit and a stance that gives extra procs at more range.

Honestly, the Gunsen is probably still in the same category as both nunchaku: waiting on melee 3 to see if that fixes their broken mechanics.

On 2019-02-08 at 7:35 PM, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Yes, but you're not going to be hitting enough enemies for that to matter. If that was on a polearm zaw that would be awesome, but on a single hit weapon that's poor.

And this is just you moving the goal post. You said the weapon's status was mediocre, I pointed out that was actually above average and now you're switching the argument to "It's not a polearm zaw". Not every weapon needs to have a 30 meter range to be good and range is not intrinsically linked to status. There are status weapons with low range. 

It's not like pellet shotguns where 100% is a magic number that changes the equation.

With 100% Status will proc Condition Overload on every swing and make eating through armor a simple task, especially if your weapon has a high base attack speed and hits multiple times per swing.

There are a load of melee weapons that can hit 100% status, and all of them have longer range.

Kogake Prime and Prisma Obex don't have longer range and both of them can hit 100% status. Also again, goal post moving. The range on these weapons is not as small as you seem to think. 

I find the Gunsen annoying and broken, but it's stance gives you crazy numbers of Slash procs on a chain of hits and 400% damage on the last 2. Yeah, lower status, but more crit and a stance that gives extra procs at more range.

Ninkondi doesn't need the slash procs when it can shred through armor really quickly. The actual biggest boon that the Gunsen has over the Ninkondi is it's IPS, allowing it to better proc Condition Overload, but it also has a stance with some of the choppiest, most uncomfortable to perform combos in the game and any (if at all) range it has over the Ninkondi is so absurdly negligible it might as well not exist. 

1 (average) and 1.17 - meh, ok, I guess. On a heavy weapon I'd agree, but for a close weapon this is painfully slow.

Replying to this last because I didn't notice this at first, but you do know that different weapon types have different base attack speeds, right? Like a heavy blade with 1.0 attack speed and a nunchaku with 1.0 attack speed aren't attacking at the same speed. Actual base weapon attack speed is based on how fast the weapon type's animations are. So when I said that Nunchaku have a high base attack speed, I meant the base speed of weapons animations are fast. And they are. 1.0 isn't at all slow for Nunchaku because it's faster than a heavy blade at the same speed. When comparing attack speed across weapon types, it's not purely about numbers. 

DE needs to steal 0.2 attack speed and 40 base damage from the gram prime (only melee thats above raw dps curve right now, not counting zaws having dumb rivens and arcane slot) and distribute them across the current nunchaku then copy and make at least 1 new stance for em.