Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About melee 3.0

Lazarow

Will they change stats on melee weapons or will they keep the stats and redo stances. Also about channeling will it still be in the game or replaced and about the fast melee switch we saw on a stream a few weeks back will it be only for quick melee or will holstering be instant?

Edited by AwkwardLazarow

if you have your primary out an you press the button for melee you swap out for your melee, then if you press button for fire you swap back to your primary weapon
if you have your secondary out an press melee you swap out melee, if you press the shoot butotn your back to your secondary

we will have what DE reffered to as devil triger mode for are melee attacks 

weapons stats shoulnd't be affected too much while think they talked about combining scyth an heavy melee stances

Weapon stats will be changed. Similar to the gun rebalancing a while back. But, in general, a buff across the board. For one, since they're axing the Combo Counter, they're buffing the base damage significantly. They demonstrated an unmodded fang prime, which was dealing around 350-ish damage, which is significantly more than the 60 damage it dishes out now. So the precedent we have is a base damage buff of around 4-5 times. Although exact numbers may differ.

I imagine several of the older weapons will sport newly altered status and crit stats too.

Should watch the devstreams, but to sum it up:

Yes weapons will get an overhaul stats-wise

Combo counter will be separated from normal damage and tied to Heavy Attacks

Channeling is getting replaced by a Devil Trigger

All stances and combos will be completely redone

Quick melee will be instant rather than having to swap weapons with the animation

And obviously many melee mods will get an overhaul but no details on those changes quite yet.

Edited by TheRealShade

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

If your gonna ask a question about something, you’re better off knowing all present information so you don’t waste time asking questions that have already been answered.

Even better if you already know the answer so you don't have to ask the question at all. 

I admit I havent watched many dev streams lately and I havent had much time to spare but my warframe interest still remains. I do remember the one I watched last when I had the time, so from there I wondered here to be updated on the melee systems progress.

From the replies on here I have a representation of what the new melee system will be and I thank you all for contributing your knowledge to this topic so I may be updated as well. 

Edited by AwkwardLazarow

On 2018-10-27 at 1:16 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

If your gonna ask a question about something, you’re better off knowing all present information so you don’t waste time asking questions that have already been answered.

It's not an obligation to watch devstreams or read change log for every updates... Do you read every manual for your car or bike or electrical appliances? Do you read every change log for 2000 games in your Steam library? 

People ask questions if you dont like to answer or help just go away....

On 2018-10-26 at 11:57 PM, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Since when is that an obligation?

On 2018-10-27 at 2:30 AM, AperoBeltaTwo said:

Even better if you already know the answer so you don't have to ask the question at all. 

Well said...

8 hours ago, WSPY said:

It's not an obligation to watch devstreams or read change log for every updates... Do you read every manual for your car or bike or electrical appliances? Do you read every change log for 2000 games in your Steam library? 

People ask questions if you dont like to answer or help just go away....

I don’t have a steam account.

On 2018-10-26 at 6:05 AM, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

if you have your primary out an you press the button for melee you swap out for your melee, then if you press button for fire you swap back to your primary weapon
if you have your secondary out an press melee you swap out melee, if you press the shoot butotn your back to your secondary

we will have what DE reffered to as devil triger mode for are melee attacks 

weapons stats shoulnd't be affected too much while think they talked about combining scyth an heavy melee stances

Removal of combo counter for normal attack with it only applying to the heavy attack, possibly resetting when the heavy attack is used.

All melee weapons have their base damage tripled along with a similar reshuffling and stat rebalancing akin to what's been done to primary and secondary weapons.

At least, that's what we know of based on old, and possibly out of date, information. DE has been a bit coy with melee 3.0 info the last few weeks, and we probably won't learn anymore until Fortuna's launch or after.