Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This truly is Halloween... (Nightmare stories from Tenno)

KelsierSurvivor

Ok, I know that the first line I'm gonna say is gonna tick alot of you guys off. I was farming Sanctuary Onslaught for focus and had 50,000, the most I have ever received from one mission.

So yeah, maybe there are ways to get more Focus with less time, but I don't want to invest in Eidolon hunting. People are too toxic there. 

So anyways, I was doing a Sanctuary Onslaught mission. We were doing great, I had 50,000 focus, and we had just entered zone 8. But none of us noticed that the host didn't go in with us. A host migration was activated, and I was just hoping and praying that we would make it back in. I entered the loading screen only to discover that the bar wasn't going to move past the 1/4 mark. I waited, and in despair, the squad chat popped up and showed people saying gg and all that. I knew I was finished. I was losing my focus, they were leaving me. I was going to die and fail the mission without even seeing it happen.

The screen finished and I was ready to accept my fate. I fought hard for a good 30 seconds, my poor Volt not being able to take much more, the efficiency dropping. I gave a cry of despair as the dreaded efficiency reached 0. I had just lost all that focus and I was ready to write a note to support. 

But graciously, my fears subsided. I was extracted and still had my Focus. It was the happiest moment in my Warframe career. 

So yeah, it was a nightmare for me since I didn't know that you didn't have to make it to the end of the zone in order to receive your rewards. 

Do you guys have any nightmare stories from Warframe? (Also, DE, I personally think that the spawn rate for The Man in the Wall should be higher in October and highest on Halloween. That would be great. I might replay Chains of Harrow just to honor the holiday.)

Was farming syndicate medals in survival.After finding them all and 10 minutes have passed, 3 of us out of 4 go to extraction.The 4th one approaches slowly...i see him turning back to shoot some enemies...suddenly he starts moonwalking in place...5 seconds pass and poof!!!host migration.

It is a success and another one becomes the host and we extract immediately as we were on the spot but there is something wrong...the results screen is empty...

After that i go again on the same mission with another squad, we find all the medals and waiting for the time to pass to extract when suddenly poof!!!host migration again but this time the loading screen decides to stay forever...

Edited by DeathDweller

Ya, that is one of the perks of SO/ESO, you can "lose" (i.e. let the efficiency run down) and still keep all your rewards. It is why I always favored survival missions over defense or interception for long haul farming or messing around. You run out of life support, no problem just head to extraction. But let that defense object get destroyed (i.e. sneezed on by a lvl 300+ Bombard) or fail to keep all the nodes in interception long enough, and it is game over man, game over.

A literal nightmare story in Warframe tho? Hmm....

Was in a Tower IV Defense mission with a couple of clan buddies, we were on wave 80-something and I lost connection to the game. I freaked, thinking I was losing out on all those prime parts that had been awarded. That was when I discovered that going to the xbox home screen and hard resetting the game prompts a "Would you like to rejoin your squad?" message to pop up upon re-logging back in, and was able to rejoin the mission just fine. Even though I was one loot wave behind everyone, I was pretty happy. We eventually stopped at wave 90ish and called it a night.

22 minutes ago, KelsierSurvivor said:

Ok, I know that the first line I'm gonna say is gonna tick alot of you guys off. I was farming Sanctuary Onslaught for focus and had 50,000, the most I have ever received from one mission.

So yeah, maybe there are ways to get more Focus with less time, but I don't want to invest in Eidolon hunting. People are too toxic there. 

So anyways, I was doing a Sanctuary Onslaught mission. We were doing great, I had 50,000 focus, and we had just entered zone 8. But none of us noticed that the host didn't go in with us. A host migration was activated, and I was just hoping and praying that we would make it back in. I entered the loading screen only to discover that the bar wasn't going to move past the 1/4 mark. I waited, and in despair, the squad chat popped up and showed people saying gg and all that. I knew I was finished. I was losing my focus, they were leaving me. I was going to die and fail the mission without even seeing it happen.

The screen finished and I was ready to accept my fate. I fought hard for a good 30 seconds, my poor Volt not being able to take much more, the efficiency dropping. I gave a cry of despair as the dreaded efficiency reached 0. I had just lost all that focus and I was ready to write a note to support. 

But graciously, my fears subsided. I was extracted and still had my Focus. It was the happiest moment in my Warframe career. 

So yeah, it was a nightmare for me since I didn't know that you didn't have to make it to the end of the zone in order to receive your rewards. 

Do you guys have any nightmare stories from Warframe? (Also, DE, I personally think that the spawn rate for The Man in the Wall should be higher in October and highest on Halloween. That would be great. I might replay Chains of Harrow just to honor the holiday.)

Well, there was that time Gara got nerfed.....

This is a horror story that I've seen happen to others.

Stalker Spawned. We rekt his face, he dropped War BP. There was much rejoicing.

Then... there was a sound of thunder, the sky in my home turned red and it started to rain.

Everyone suffered a Host Migration... and I was left alone, since I was the host.

There was a noise near me, my cat had made something fall from my table... a dice. Then my phone started to ring... and the song I had put a week ago, the song of Mr.Trololo.

I knew then... that those guys... likely were send back to their Orbiters.

A long, long time ago it was...in a time before coptering became popular, a nightmare came to be. It was like any normal mission with a bro, our Latrons were loaded, and my dual ether was sharpened. A normal exterminate mission, just like any other. Grineer were falling one by one to the Loki and Mag combo, until that is, it happened. A single flicker of light, a whisper in our ears. A shadowy figure rose up behind us, and our fates were sealed. With one clean arrow, my battle brother was pinned to the wall, death swift and painful. I turned around, suffering a direct shot to the stomach. Still alive, I saw him. The dark figure and I knew that our reckoning had come. Blood poured from my wounds, and I succumbed to the coldness of death, failure ringing loudly as we were felled to the Shadow.

Spoiler

(Yes, it's the first time I met the Stalker. Yes, I died. Yes, he shot me after he killed his initial target. And I wish that Stalker would be revamped to be a lot more terrifying like he used to be. I want him to hunt us. I don't want to know he's in the mission. Not until it's too late. I want him to corner us in a room during a mission and lock us into a dark place where the only light is our flashlight. I want the Stalker to be scary. Instead of showing up and flailing wildly at us with a big sword, I want him to take up his Dread and Despair again. He's an assassin. Please DE. 

,😋Back when I first started playing WARFRAME on the XB1, some clan mates and I were doing a run in the Defence protecting the pod. We were going to our third reward when Stalker rise up out of the pod and attacked. We beat him even though a few of us went down. 

As we were going to choose to continue, one of the people left at the last second- giving the good ole Host Migration. 

As the game was reloading, we could hear the sounds of the Infested pounding on our Frames, tearing Shields down, and smashing the pod. By the time I got in, the other 2 of us were already on the ground and I was in my lower health level with Excal. I did a Blind and then attempted to do the Javalins to realize that we had been given out starting energy and I had not enough to do my 4 (at the time). Tried to do damage as the others came online and they revived....only to have the pod get destroyed and those words Mission Fail get broadcasted across our screens. 

The terrors of Host Migration still give me shivers anytime it happens as I always wonder if another will happen where I hear my Shields and Frame being beat on while loading in before I gain control....too late to salvage the mission. 

Well this one did happen for this Halloween. 

I was grinding public matches in Hydron to level fodder. I was doing primary and secondary weapons at the same time and using my melee and Rhino to pull my weight and earn focus. 

First round went normally but the squad chose to bail at wave 15. Hopped into a new group and saw a random player asking "15 or 20?" and another say "20". I was happy to stick it out even though my primary would probably be levelled by 10.

I said "OK". 

Things went well up to wave 5. Myself and the guy who called for 20 were doing most of the heavy lifting. By the end of wave 6 I'd figured that we'd probably be extracting by 15 because people didn't seem to be pulling their weight. Then came wave 7. 

I glanced at the mini map to see how close everyone was to try and buff as many of them as possible with my Roar... Nobody in sight but the enemies starting to open fire.... I Roar, Stomp and tag the objective to remind them of the reason we're there. Then I look to the team conditions for the hud, to see if anyone got the buff at all...... And there was nobody there.... They'd all just vanished. 

"They were there at the beginning of wave 6," I told myself. "Three of us were supposedly down to go to wave 20". 

Where did they go? I hadn't seen any parting messages. Was I just too busy focusing on the slaughter of enemies to notice? Was it an elaborate hoax with the 3 of them agreeing to bail and leave me hanging on? Were they ever even there? It was a minor nightmare making it to extraction because of the reduced kill/drop rate and the enemies being all over the place and me with a staff to deal with them all. 

I didn't even bother to try messaging the three of them to find out what had happened. I just made it to extraction and called it a night.