Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get a Poll for what we want for the future?

Lior55

DE doesn't have to act on it, but it would be nice to get a consensus on what the majority of the playerbase wants the most. I have no bias as I want both honestly, but can we get an Official Poll to vote on whether we want them to focus on Warframes more heavily or future content? It's sad seeing Warframes in need like Ember, Wukong, Chroma, Valkyr, Nyx, Titania, Vauban, and the rest that are in these dated/poorly designed/unfinished states or at least need more tweaks, but they have to focus most of their resources on future content. What we use to play the content is just as important though, if not, more.

First of all: The majority of the playerbase doesn't even visit the forum. It's unlikely that the majority will ever see a poll.

And then there is the fact, that people don't really know what's best. I mean... Trump... Brexit... Racism...
Just because a lot of people think that something is good, doesn't mean it's good.

The majority of the playerbase only playing the game the smaller part is whom using the forums and voicing their opinions, sharing concepts, arguing, making threads etc. Another thing is everyone want different things or same things in different execution. This makes almost impossible to us to make an idea viable because there is a lot cons and pros and every individum wants different results.

I can say I want X - Y but that is not mean the next person or the person before me wants the same. That's how the like system works for instance, those whom like my idea will like it and gives some upvotes.

Also DE's habit is they working on many projects in the same time then they release it halfbaked then forgot until something happens. They rarely finish what they begin and in the meantime they plan and replan what they promised because what they announce first " like shield gating, weakspots " only sounded nice on paper but in the reality and in the execution those are different or impossible to implement without touching the core mechanics which means they basically mess up their game for little benefits. 

They do what means to them more profit and they do fanservice when they feel they need to calm down the players. This is how the show works.

Edited by Tunderke

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

First of all: The majority of the playerbase doesn't even visit the forum. It's unlikely that the majority will ever see a poll.

And then there is the fact, that people don't really know what's best. I mean... Trump... Brexit... Racism...
Just because a lot of people think that something is good, doesn't mean it's good.

Second of all: The Design Council gets to decide on some aspects of the game, like Warframe augments. They're composed of a fraction of the forum's members. Therefore, giving ALL members a say and not just a tiny collective is long overdue.

7 hours ago, Tunderke said:

Also DE's habit is they working on many projects in the same time then they release it halfbaked then forgot until something happens. They rarely finish what they begin

I totally agree. I think they need to step back and finish what they started to make it all equally good and polished.

7 hours ago, Tunderke said:

They do what means to them more profit and they do fanservice when they feel they need to calm down the players. This is how the show works.

Then the show needs to change. We need a greater voice than the forums and I think in game voting could help provide greater feedback from all players, new and old. Players may want different things, but we could at least make a statement as a community.

5 minutes ago, Lior55 said:

Heyy that's a great idea! Have it appear in our mail to vote and they could gather the numbers that way!

People already hate being mail auto popping up with ghouls. With how often they would need to send out to get a solid idea would make players hate that too.

2 minutes ago, Atsia said:

People already hate being mail auto popping up with ghouls. With how often they would need to send out to get a solid idea would make players hate that too.

No one said the message would be incessant. It would be a 1 time thing. You could ignore it or not even be on to receive it if you're not on. DE's gonna do with they want. If they chose to make this choice it would be on a rare occasion I'd imagine. If the idea is not that important/appealing to you then that's fine, but I do agree that a Poll on the Forums wouldn't be as informative.

6 minutes ago, Atsia said:

Only way I could see it working without being annoying is, in-game, for it to be a clickable link ("Weekly Poll: What would you like to see come to Warframe?" or something) in the News on your Orbiter.

8 minutes ago, Endrian said:

Only way I could see it working without being annoying is, in-game, for it to be a clickable link ("Weekly Poll: What would you like to see come to Warframe?" or something) in the News on your Orbiter.

That could be better, but maybe even worse since nobody pays attention to the news segment. We saw that way back when they was a surge of threads complaining about not having access to the Tennocon relay because they didn't know about the digital ticket even though it was at the top of the news.

1 minute ago, Atsia said:

That could be better, but maybe even worse since nobody pays attention to the news segment. We saw that way back when they was a surge of threads complaining about not having access to the Tennocon relay because they didn't know about the digital ticket even though it was at the top of the news.

Hmmm.

Maybe if the News links were visible on the login screen? Like even just a ticker at the bottom of the login screen.

Edited by Endrian

9 minutes ago, Endrian said:

Hmmm.

Maybe if the News links were visible on the login screen? Like even just a ticker at the bottom of the login screen.

Ooo I like that. It's quick, in your face, and out the way of playing the game once you login.

8 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Second of all: The Design Council gets to decide on some aspects of the game, like Warframe augments. They're composed of a fraction of the forum's members. Therefore, giving ALL members a say and not just a tiny collective is long overdue.

Fun fact the council itself does not have any choice to decide on anything only what DE give other than that it's a first class chatting group nothing more.

1 hour ago, Lior55 said:

Then the show needs to change. We need a greater voice than the forums and I think in game voting could help provide greater feedback from all players, new and old. Players may want different things, but we could at least make a statement as a community.

Would be nice if they gave in game polls on what to change but they usually feel they know better what we want and they only give something direct to us what peoples wanted if they have benefit also it or not difficult to do. The majority who plays the game adapt to the changes or just leave not really think that a person could change anything in that volume.

A lot people also not really use more the forum than register and play the game. Some forget also we have a forum.

And how would the poll even work?
How do you differentiate between "valid" votes and "invalid" ones?
Someone who just started playing 1 week ago doesn't really have the same validity as someone who played for 5 years straight.
This may sound harsh, but it is as it is.

And even if you solve that problem, how do you handle twink-accounts? You can have 10 twink-accounts and that's fine as long as they don't interact. This would mean someone has 10 more votes than someone with just one account.

All that means that a poll won't show the opinion of the playerbase. It will just show how biased the community is...

I also think a poll will go nowhere more often than not since what "we" want half the time is something they either have already said no to, like dedicated augment slots, or wouldn't be healthy for the game. And you'd still have complaints about not having certain options for the poll, like if a certain dragon wasn't on the choices for a rework. What we want is not always what they should be doing.

Edited by Atsia

They could add a console to the liset/orbitor where you go and "communicate with other tenno on certain topics" once you reach a certain mastery rank and complete a mission. 

They could add issues as events where everyone that logs in can interact with the console and vote on stuff over the course of a week or month or whatever and everyone can see the current direction the poll is going.

They could further filter out what players can vote on what topics based on what their mastery rank is, what quests they completed and what equipment they own.

Edited by Dabnician

17 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

This

Also, Valkr is fine.  

18 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Just because a lot of people think that something is good, doesn't mean it's good

Works both ways. Just because a lot of people think that something is bad, doesn't mean it's bad. Only time gives the results.

Edited by Erytroxylin