Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unexpected boredom :/

1TheOneWhoKnocks

Don't feel obligated to play a game if it makes you feel that way. I don't mean that in a "dont like it dont play it lul" rude way, I mean it more like if you are sitting there launching the game because you just feel like you HAVE to, then the game isn't filling its purpose, which is to just be enjoyable and something that makes you happy.

If you feel like you play it because you just HAVE to, then pick up something else for a bit. The winter sales start soon (oh no, my weakness!).

But I think your critique of the update isnt unfounded. The devs say they still have parts of it that havent fully rolled out yet and there's still plenty of bugs and tweaking that needs fixing within the next week(s) that probably will be going on until the next update in the main story. I'd say if Warframe isn't fun for you right now, then just let it chill until you get the urge to jump back in.

Whenever I get tired in game, I either do some relic missions or defection - or any type of mission I rarely do. Thats how I learned how to git gud at spy missions since I used to detest them and I forced myself to do a bunch at once, haha. 

Also I hope they raise that cap because its so...low...oi

I'm happy with the update.  It's a better PoE, but not a vastly different PoE.  I don't have to worry about pin-point accurate super dropships ripping my frame to shreds in 2 seconds, and the enemy variety is HUGE and welcome, albeit there might be too much staggering/knock down/knock back going around.  I actually enjoy searching for ore and animals and fishing as a down time between fighting.  

I mean, I also enjoy running Telesto, Saturn for the hell of it because it throws a large variety of Grineer at me where as most other missions seem to stick to the grunts and rarely 1-2 special units (boring!)  I'm not very reward driven here, so I'm notably the exception, not the rule.

Could it be improved?  Definitely.  A lot of the missions in each bounty place me in the middle of a road, fending off hordes from across a snowy tundra where they're easily picked off, and that's not super duper exciting.  I wish the reinforcement beacons didn't bug into not spawning half the time, but still calling in reinforcements.  This can be exciting, but also frustrating in some scenarios, like defending the cycle or picking up crates since standing still is death by stun lock, and the cycle is just asking to get wrecked.  There could be more kit guns - and they could NOT look derpy.  I refuse to touch the grips with the magazine on top.  On the side of the receiver sure, but not on top like that.  Could also do with more barrels that deal slash damage, I'm not happy until my enemy is reduced to an indiscernible pile of meat and metal, and only slash does that.  Could do with more Moa leg options.  Could do with new operator amps yesterday.  I'm not a fan of the sentient/Cetus look, sorry.  I could do with Corpus fighters much like how the Grineer have Dargryn.  And is it absolutely necessary for game play that I have to go to the spaceport, enrichment labs, or Nef's Bender-sized ode to himself for a chance to get toroids?

Game play overall could be made more satisfying by bathing every enemy in the bloodshed sigil upon death.  It would be GLORIOUS!

Atmospherically, I'd like to see frigates/corvettes pop up in the sky at higher alert levels, showing the severity of the situation.  Same for Grineer galleons hanging over PoE, if they get around to adding in an alert system there too.

Edited by Littleman88

thank you for the reassurance that there is still not a reason to return to this game after a year break...think'll wait another year(if not dead:)) when the infested or orokin plains reach...ahh and yet everything looks so good with all the gear, weaponry, redone tilesets, tennogen and such but yet another open world to disappoint...if they can get the right amount of activitys/content for people to enjoy on the open worlds possibly their biggest expansions(think so, dont know and don't care lol) this game would put every other triple a title to shame hands down it already does just without the hands down...probably      its funny because don't even have a console or platform to play this anymore and still want this game to thrive...they'll get it right sooner or later(hopefully sometime in a year or two  not when we're all seniors🐰feels bad for the veterans that spent 6000+hrs on this cant hold a candle to them theyre probably crying their little hearts out)

Edited by (XB1)tealfigment

4 hours ago, George_PPS said:

I’ll also probably play Warframe a lot less after completing Fortunas standings due to weapons disposition and retroactive Riven stats nerfs across the board. This fix doesn’t balance weapon usage and doesn’t respect my time and efforts. 

They have never respected our time and effort. Always  destroying our stuff 

instead of taking the core part of the game that made it popular they are more interested in more game features/tags to attract a wider audience even tho those features have zero place in a run and gun horde shooter, they should have spent more time on nhancing what made their game stand out from others, and in warframes case that was the procedurally generated map generation they made, its why they overtook mass effect 3 multiplayer as the better sci-fi horde shooter because ME3:MP became stagnant faster due to the same old maps i nthe same old places, whereas warframe was enjoying larger varied maps due to the way the room segments got strung together.

Imho yhey should have made room segments have inner variations via more pocedurally generated changes so no grineer galleon T-Junction looks 100% alike, if they cracked that to make vastly less repetetive maps then they could have done some awesoem space magic and applied the same theory to generate fantastic outdoor maps instead of sticking to a giant static outdoor map which will quickly get as stale as POE did.

They should also have added other clever tricks to misions liek they did in LUA defence where instead of sitting in the same place for 20-30 rounds we got some variety, in LUA Def you fall thru the floor into a diff area for a change of scenery/pace, that was a great idea, there shoudl have been similar changes made to all previous maps in a similar way, DE Steve mentioned and mumbled to himself about possible changes when he was experiencing a new player runthru, and while some of his musing has or is coming about such as the corpus tileset revamp, his idea of having inner room variations doesnt seem to have gone anywhere which is a shame as they would have had a better impact on the game instead of adding so many subgames/subgenres to the game.

In my case i want to run, gun and slice my way through mobs, mining, fishing, archwing, plant photography does not interest me 1 little bit, but if you want some new content you are forced to do it, now players like me can easily accept "to hell with it ill ignore it then", not everyone will see thigsn that way tho, then we get fortuna/op vallis and all my hopes die in an instant when i see its more copy/paste of the same irrelevant stuff i hated in POE so instantly all their hard work is utterly obsolete in my case, it may as well not be there as i still dont want to fish/mine/etc even with some flashy new open area, its still dull and boring.

For me the first test spin in Orb Vallis (after the initial quest) got me kinda disappointed. However after picking up stuff to go hunting, fishing, mining and figuring out that there are actual rare drops to grind for my opinion changed.

Hunting or well conservation is really fun (I do this as my daily standing grind), fishing and mining has gotten alot better, I wish they implement the EMP fishing method to regular fishing aswell, maybe with a few more clicks involved on the meter. And the items we need that we can grind makes it feel alot more like an arpg. Big bonus with the alert status aswell, makes it alot more fun than PoE.

I've barely done any bounties outside of getting the Garuda blueprints, the rest has been spent on mining, fishing, conservation and rare material grinding. I must say the zone grows on me. It is nice to see alot of new and old enemies across the entire zone.

The problem is that this is PoE 2. They added like 30 new resources (normal resources, minerals, refined minerals and the disassembled fish parts). Nothing from PoE is useful for Fortuna.
Want to mine? Sure you can use PoE's mining tool but if you want to properly mine the best gems you need the new mining gear.
Want to fish? Sure, you can use your previous tools, but you'll damage the fishes. You need the new fishing gear.
Want to craft any of the new Moa parts/weapons/etc? Well... you're going to need ALL new resources as there aren't any weapon that can be crafted ONLY with our existing resources.

Mission variety is non-existant right now, there are a bunch of missions and that's it. The grind for K-Drives parts and mods is quite high (not even counting the leveling up part which is worse).

I love the Orb Vallis, it's gorgeous. I love the verticality of it. But the gameplay side is almost a copy from everything we've been doing so far (the worst part of it anyway, which is collecting resources, mining, fishing, etc). It suffers from the SAME problem PoE had/has. Everything is self-contained. I was hoping they'd release half the amount of new resourses this time around but no, new open world = 30 new resources. It's boring because it doesn't feel we're helping Solaris (aside from the tutorial quest which was great). It feels we're mining, fishing and collecting resourses all over again.

DE, tone it down with the new resources. Yes, we get it that if you don't do that then the content will be consumed a lot faster, but having to start from 0 every single time a new open world is added gets boring really fast, find a middle ground (maybe NPCs from Fortuna could trade resources from other parts for Fortuna's ones).

And please redo the whole Zaw/Kitguns/Amps/Moas system. There's absolutely NO POINT in having to level up a "trial version" first to "confirm it" (gild it) if we're not presented with the option to disassemble the weapon to try other combinations first before deciding to gild the combination we liked the most. That's how a modular system should work, mix and match parts until you find what you like. Right now is: Collect resources -> Craft Parts -> Spend said parts on the "Trial Version" -> Level up the "Trial Version" -> Gild It -> Level up the Gilded Version.
It's literally leveling stuff twice with no purpose other than to make us waste time. Either add the option to try different combinations without spending the parts before gilding them or scrap the "trial version" part of the system altogether as it doesn't serve any purpose.

We'll see what comes with the Second part of Fortuna, which will probably add the spider battles. But so far, I love the art design of both Fortuna and the Orb Vallis, the characters and the Lore is awesome. It's the gameplay side of things that is lacking... it's feels far too much like PoE all over again, it doesn't feel fresh or new.

5 hours ago, LeaserResael said:

And please redo the whole Zaw/Kitguns/Amps/Moas system. There's absolutely NO POINT in having to level up a "trial version" first to "confirm it" (gild it) if we're not presented with the option to disassemble the weapon to try other combinations first before deciding to gild the combination we liked the most. That's how a modular system should work, mix and match parts until you find what you like. Right now is: Collect resources -> Craft Parts -> Spend said parts on the "Trial Version" -> Level up the "Trial Version" -> Gild It -> Level up the Gilded Version.

there is a point, the new and always popular warframe point, and that is - Time-Gate 2.0 (aka the neverending story)