Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't name K-Drive?

Frostyinferno

1 minute ago, Fenrys_Delta said:

That´s weird.

When you buy one with plat, it comes with a pre-installed potato and prompts you to name the K-drive.

You also get to choose one polarity to apply on a mod slot, right off the bat.

If you build one it instead of buying does not come with a reactor, or prompt me to name or even install a polarity. Maybe this is a feature coming later? Or maybe I have to level it to 30 and forma it first? I'm a bit stumped.

4 minutes ago, Fenrys_Delta said:

Working as intended.

It´s the same rule with weapons: if you craft them, you get no potato, but if you buy them with plat, you do.

Neither case lets you choose a polarity, this is a feature exclusive to K-drives, afaik.

Oh I know, and I'm fine leveling it/formaing it/potatoing it, but if it's going to be forever known as "K-Drive" instead of a creative name, I'm going to be heavily bummed.

49 minutes ago, Fenrys_Delta said:

It was probably a glitch with yours. I got to rename mine.

I´d say open a support ticket and they will get you sorted out.

I did. Super bummed though. I rushed really hard to try and get a new K-Drive and really sad that mine ends up being bugged.

I watched a WHOLE ton of youtube videos involving K-Drives and confirm that this must be a bug. Seems like MOST people never received a prompt to name their K-Drive. In fact, I found so few instance of someone being able to actually name their K-Drive that I can only assume most people are not aware that this is a bug and that they think the base name of "K-Drive" is just intended.

Interesting update. In addition to the tier 1 K-Drive I built, that I wasn't able to name, I bought today's daily special, which I was able to name. However, there's a catch, apparently. Names still don't function correctly in Orb Vallis. If I view it in my Arsenal, it shows the proper name. However, viewing the name at the top right while riding it in the Orb still just shows the name "K-Drive".

Screenshots demonstrating this:

81430F7545B6178AA46D4B7CAC627FFF4595F379

B3F63FFDC0C2E281919D6B90A24B92316E52093D

6 hours ago, SpycrabSurprise said:

I have now built 2 k-drives, a full t1 and a full t2, and I wasn't able to name either. Why is this still a problem that exists for so many?

I'm starting to wonder if we were ever really meant to be able to name them?

I guess my question now is whether the ability to name the bought ones is the bug, or if not being able to name the built ones is the bug.

2 hours ago, XaoGarrent said:

I'm starting to wonder if we were ever really meant to be able to name them?

I guess my question now is whether the ability to name the bought ones is the bug, or if not being able to name the built ones is the bug.

I was wondering that too. But I'm leaning on the side that we are supposed to be able to name them. Because when you name a daily special board, it has the UI prompt as "Name your K-Drive". Someone had to purposely design that prompt with that wording.

Why the vast majority (maybe all?) of crafted K-Drives never give you the option, I have no idea. Was DE going to implement a gilding functionality on K-Drives and dropped it last minute, and forgot to put in a way to name crafted K-Drives? Is the prompt just bugged? I honestly have no clue, but I would love some insight/response on the matter.

The whole matter is kind of frustrating though because it's keeping me from building my next K-Drive until I know exactly what the issue is.

Edited by Frostyinferno
additional comment

8 minutes ago, Chronometria said:

Hopefully they can add a feature to the vent-kids vendor that allows naming or gilding or something 

I would imagine this is the case cause i renamed by Pyranna Prime at the kitgun vendor... so i would imagine you would be able to name/rename your boards some where.

not sure if being able to rename my non kit-gun was intended, but i really want them to add craftable primaries and let me rename my primary. then maybe they will add craftable warframes and let me name them one too.

Edited by Dabnician

2 hours ago, Dabnician said:

I would imagine this is the case cause i renamed by Pyranna Prime at the kitgun vendor... so i would imagine you would be able to name/rename your boards some where.

not sure if being able to rename my non kit-gun was intended, but i really want them to add craftable primaries and let me rename my primary. then maybe they will add craftable warframes and let me name them one too.

The kit-gun naming thing is like Hok's zaw thing - he lets you rename melee weapons, so I imagine its ok for secondaries at that vendor to rename other secondaries that are not kitguns.