Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else surprised after so many years, center camera option still isnt a thing?

Kezriak

Switching shoulders is pretty much the cornerstone of most modern 3rd person shooters, but shouldn't we be afforded the option in menus to specify a centered 3rd person option with ADS (Aiming down sights) tightens in on one of the shoulders?

If anything I'd want the character even further out to the side. I can't see what I'm aming at during some ninja movements. And lets not even bring up that pre-Alpha content called Archwing.

But sure, some settings that could please as many as possible would be cool. Too bad I'll probably never see a firstperson-mode though. Deep down I honestly hate thirdperson 😄😄😄

Il y a 3 heures, Corvid a dit :

Have you never seen a centred TPS view?

Nope, but it's true that I don't play much games apart of Warframe and Assassin's Creed... Could you give some examples ? (Games like AC don't count ssince the camera is far from thecharacter and no, taking the cameraaway from a warframe would ruin fashion frame and players habits)

I only only play this game for short bursts is at a time. The most difficult part for me is getting used to how close the camera is to my character and how much are the screen my character takes up. Usually after a few hours so I get used to it but is uncomfortably awkward almost everyone I launch the game. Just so different then usual control we have over the camera in other games. In fact and other games I use it either in first-person or I play in almost a farthest out camera view I never choose the over-the-shoulder option. That's just worst of both worlds to me. 

4 hours ago, SirTobe said:

If anything I'd want the character even further out to the side. I can't see what I'm aming at during some ninja movements. And lets not even bring up that pre-Alpha content called Archwing.

But sure, some settings that could please as many as possible would be cool. Too bad I'll probably never see a firstperson-mode though. Deep down I honestly hate thirdperson 😄😄😄

I also would love to shift my warframe even further to the side of my screen. I don't use larger frames, like Rhino, unless I'm using a shotgun or explosive weapon because he blocks so much of my screen that I can't even see where the enemy is half the time 😐

1 hour ago, Pyromaniaque said:

Nope, but it's true that I don't play much games apart of Warframe and Assassin's Creed... Could you give some examples ? (Games like AC don't count ssince the camera is far from thecharacter and no, taking the cameraaway from a warframe would ruin fashion frame and players habits)

I don't think OP is suggesting it be made mandatory for all players. I think most of us just want the option to change and customize the camera. I love fashion frame as much as the next person, but I wish I was able to toggle first person or at least move my character off to the side, that way I can focus more on killing things instead of always admiring the backside of my Loki.

33 minutes ago, IntheCoconut said:

I don't think OP is suggesting it be made mandatory for all players. I think most of us just want the option to change and customize the camera. I love fashion frame as much as the next person, but I wish I was able to toggle first person or at least move my character off to the side, that way I can focus more on killing things instead of always admiring the backside of my Loki.

Not a bad idea.  Setting up custom camera position relative to the frame might be a neat function, and excuse DE from providing quality first-person view if we jury rig the first-person view ourselves.

5 hours ago, SirTobe said:

would be nice if there where options that made the player transparent while aim-gliding.

10 hours ago, RealHeftyTrout said:

I assume you mean cameras like in games such as GTA where the camera will center on the player when running but turn into a shoulder cam when aiming?

Basicallly, prob should do a second sweep for clarification (needed more coffee in my system apparently when making that post) but exactly what you said is what I'd like to see in Warframe down the road.

23 hours ago, SirTobe said:

Too bad I'll probably never see a first person-mode though

I remember a bug ages ago, where your camera would get stuck in the neck of your warframe and when sanding still and using ADS it look like first person
and I loved it, I tried replicating the bug every chance I got.
warframe first person would be wicked

20 minutes ago, Dabluechimp said:

I remember a bug ages ago, where your camera would get stuck in the neck of your warframe and when sanding still and using ADS it look like first person
and I loved it, I tried replicating the bug every chance I got.
warframe first person would be wicked

Be prepared for a whole bunch of uninformed folks to talk down to you for this opinion. Probably citing things like "motion sickness" or "Reduced spatial awareness" without realising that both issues have been solved in other games for decades.

3 hours ago, Tellakey said:

I'm still surprised we don't have a walking button during missions.

Do you have an analog controller? because a thumb stick will give you this, this is why i use a controller on pc.

On 2018-11-13 at 8:47 AM, Kezriak said:

Anyone else surprised......

You ever shoot a camera and get that spark effect that pauses on the last frame, so you have this permanent spark coming out of the ceiling frozen for ever until you leave the mission?
That bug is from closed beta and it has never been fixed, you shouldn't be surprised by anything to be honest.

50 minutes ago, Dabnician said:

Do you have an analog controller? because a thumb stick will give you this, this is why i use a controller on pc.

I hate controllers. They're so limited compared to a keyboard. Hotkeying a Toggle Walk option would be extremely easy for DE, and yet... and yet! This is discrimination of the highest degree, I tell you!

Edited by Tellakey

23 часа назад, Pyromaniaque сказал:

See any 3rd person game prior to Resident Evil 4 (2004 IIRC). We were playing those games and had no problems with the camera.

And no one says it must be a mandatory. Just an option in settings: right shoulder, left shoulder, above head.

В 13.11.2018 в 16:47, Kezriak сказал:

Switching shoulders is pretty much the cornerstone of most modern 3rd person shooters, but shouldn't we be afforded the option in menus to specify a centered 3rd person option with ADS (Aiming down sights) tightens in on one of the shoulders?

BTW, for above-head camera mode they need to move robot-companions somewhere to the right or to the left.

Also, for those who can't see anything because of warframe. Do you guys know there're settings in the game? Change FOV and it will be much easier to play the game (not sure if consoles have such setting though).

Here's default FOV which is silly 65 degrees: CAdBooS.jpg

And here is maxed out FOV (78): JCvCQdn.jpg

Edited by Ermiq