Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Tests

--RV--Goddess

AS a disabled PC Tenno player I struggle through many mastery tests because they're heavily movement based (because I do not have the use of my left arm or hand). I know DE will assist you through one (I think) mastery test per an account (I used mine on the MR11 test) - My problem is  the MR26 test - It requires a lot of parkour to do it  since they are moving, jumping, and rolling based capture points. It makes it really hard for people of the disabled stature (without arm/s or the use of them) to progress. Now some of you may say *Once you're past MR16 there's no real need* except... You get + to standing, void traces, daily login reward increases, more focus earned per a day, weapons/warframes start out with more base capacity, higher simulacrum max level and more load out slots FOR FREE just to name a few. 

What I'm asking is maybe have a sort of *Quiz* if you will to test that you mastered knowledge. I mean mastery tests are a thing so I think you should be able to choose how you *master* the game. Either you master the game's combat system (through parkour, killing ect) or master the game through knowledge (Knowing what weeping wounds does or how much base crit the atterax has, ectect)

I'm interested in people thoughts. As a player I'm frustrated because I've tested and tried to do this so many times and I fail.

• Like 5

Not to take away your playing of the game, obviously you're playing and enjoying yourself otherwise and have worked your way up to the 26 test. Do you perhaps have a local friend that can help you with it? Not necessarily just do it for you, but coop it perhaps? One person moves, the other aims?

2 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

Not to take away your playing of the game, obviously you're playing and enjoying yourself otherwise and have worked your way up to the 26 test. Do you perhaps have a local friend that can help you with it? Not necessarily just do it for you, but coop it perhaps? One person moves, the other aims?

Kinda takes away the sense of accomplishment don't you think? I think the point the OP is trying to make is that they shouldn't have to go against the terms of service just to progress in the game.

Well I was trying to indicate that I wouldn't want them to feel like that. They did say used some DE thing for the 11 rank up. Implementing some other way to get it done would take some time on DEs part if they did do it. Doing the test coop won't exactly be easy either trying to get the timing between 2 people. It would still be quite an accomplishment. 😊

2 hours ago, --RV--Goddess said:

I know DE will assist you through one (I think) mastery test per an account (I used mine on the MR11 test)

If that is the case and has been since the start, then with the increased MR cap that is now nearly double of what it was 5 years ago maybe they should consider upgrading this to twice per account.

1 hour ago, Hobie-wan said:

Well I was trying to indicate that I wouldn't want them to feel like that. They did say used some DE thing for the 11 rank up. Implementing some other way to get it done would take some time on DEs part if they did do it. Doing the test coop won't exactly be easy either trying to get the timing between 2 people. It would still be quite an accomplishment. 😊

I get where your coming from what that thought process, but there is still a sense a pride to be dealt with here. Alot of people have their pride, and if a person isn't physically able to do something because of  just muscle , that is one thing. However, if a person isn't able to do something because a condition they were born with, that is a different matter all together, one we don't know how to really feel because of not being in that same situation. They have their pride, their ability to do something, and their appearance to others to consider. Also, consider the immense amount of cooperation required to do the MR 26 test solo, even for players who have played for a long time, two people doing it would be worse than her current situation. 

I watched her attempt at this test, and have attempted it myself. It literally is the struggle bus on this test for me. And for her, being able to progress and prove she is good at it, is something that all players want. Some even more than others. And since DE has an expanding community of players with disabilities, this is something they need to consider as it is, alternate methods of achieving MR.

Gotcha. Brainstorming is often full of bad ideas. *shrug*

FWIW I have an uncle who has had physical issues since birth so I do know it's a balance to provide help versus letting someone do things their own way. But you're right, one can never fully put themselves in someone else's shoes.

2 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

I dont, Its me and my mom and shes.. Rather not good at games 😕

41 minutes ago, ---RV---DiZzY said:

If that is the case and has been since the start, then with the increased MR cap that is now nearly double of what it was 5 years ago maybe they should consider upgrading this to twice per account.

I also agree - its been a long while since  Mr 11. 

I completely agree with the point being made.  If the player is unable to perform the mastery tests due to some sort of disability, it should come to DE's attention that there should be more than just a 'once or twice free mastery test pass per acc' sort of deal, there should be something on the lines of altering it to where the player can perform the test itself rather than not at all. Just as they came to attention on the "Macro's vs TOS" deal, there should be alterations for those players specified so they don't feel heavily under-accomplished and left out skill wise.

• 1 month later...
On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:54 AM, --RV--Goddess said:

AS a disabled PC Tenno player I struggle through many mastery tests because they're heavily movement based (because I do not have the use of my left arm or hand). I know DE will assist you through one (I think) mastery test per an account (I used mine on the MR11 test) - My problem is  the MR26 test - It requires a lot of parkour to do it  since they are moving, jumping, and rolling based capture points. It makes it really hard for people of the disabled stature (without arm/s or the use of them) to progress. Now some of you may say *Once you're past MR16 there's no real need* except... You get + to standing, void traces, daily login reward increases, more focus earned per a day, weapons/warframes start out with more base capacity, higher simulacrum max level and more load out slots FOR FREE just to name a few. 

What I'm asking is maybe have a sort of *Quiz* if you will to test that you mastered knowledge. I mean mastery tests are a thing so I think you should be able to choose how you *master* the game. Either you master the game's combat system (through parkour, killing ect) or master the game through knowledge (Knowing what weeping wounds does or how much base crit the atterax has, ectect)

I'm interested in people thoughts. As a player I'm frustrated because I've tested and tried to do this so many times and I fail.

I'm amazed you've gotten so far with just one hand. Totally agree there should be some other way to pass tests in cases like these.

(I'm not sure what frame you tried the MR26 with - but I found Limbo being the easiest. Just dodge into the rift, that way at least the enemies can't bother you and you can focus on just capping the points.)

I guess it wouldn't hurt to contact support and explain the issue. Once per account is pretty silly.

Good luck!

Sorry but I think that MR was not one of DE's brightest moves with so many disabled people trying to play this game. To DE's credit they have A great game here, I would just like to see the MR revised so the disabled and handicapped can have A better experience playing this game. My hands are disabled to some degree and I had to have a friend get me passed MR11. It is very hard for me to parkour and so I end up missing A lot of things in missions that others would have gotten.

3 hours ago, sotdyeti said:

Sorry but I think that MR was not one of DE's brightest moves with so many disabled people trying to play this game. To DE's credit they have A great game here, I would just like to see the MR revised so the disabled and handicapped can have A better experience playing this game. My hands are disabled to some degree and I had to have a friend get me passed MR11. It is very hard for me to parkour and so I end up missing A lot of things in missions that others would have gotten.

I had 2 strokes. The only hard wall I've found yet due to a clumsy hand and terrible vision (I'm at MR11 and going to test for MR12 tonight), is the MR8 test that is about agility. Couldn't get over the 4th platform to get to the vertical wall to the end. 😞

Found out that Dojos now has a custom challenge room. Built it and set it up for the MR8 test to train on.

Problem solved!

Now if I get stuck on something (with platforms especially!), I design a similar test to train on it there.

Went in and practiced 3x and there you go -- MR12, FINALLY!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1608984329

Edited by Kevyne_Kicklighter

I have a partially disabled left hand and was able to do every test but I do still have all but my thumb so it was possible. I do think that if someone is physically incapable of doing a test though they should be able to contact support to have it auto passed or a trivia test as an alternative. I Hereby support the change you are suggesting!

I know they can't very well go back and change the MR tests because people who have already passed them would go ballistic, but I wish they were more indicative of ability to face the challenges in game.  For example, if the MR 6 test showed you had a firm grasp of the knowledge you would need to have to be a successful player at MR 7.  I am currently stuck on MR 25 test. I have nerve damage in my arm that I can work around pretty successfully or I would never have gotten this far.  I do well in the actual game modes, but for some reason I cannot master this test other than (bizarrely) the first time I took it in practice mode I passed it.  Subsequent attempts have been wildly unsuccessful.   I have struggled with my poor performance and several times, lack of enemy spawns. At a point where I was raging out at this, I decided it wasn't worth the frustration or rage quiting a game I for the most part enjoy. The test itself is to fly between different "islands" of enemies in the sky in your archwing, jump down, kill them, melee a ball, then fly again.  Its not like anything you actually face in game - not even in PoE or Fortuna.  I know its easy mode for some people, it simply isn't for me. I would prefer it if the MR25 test was to solo an Eidolon. 

On 2018-12-30 at 7:54 AM, Insane-Mana said:

A quiz  would be a bad idea cuz we have google. That said i agree with you and there should be a fix for this kind of situation

Eh, slap a quaint little timer on it. Educational institutions do the same sort of thing with open-book exams. Just because you have the material doesn't mean you won't be relying on your own knowledge: at minimum you have to know just about exactly where to look if you want to get the answer in time.

12 hours ago, Tyreaus said:

Eh, slap a quaint little timer on it. Educational institutions do the same sort of thing with open-book exams. Just because you have the material doesn't mean you won't be relying on your own knowledgeat minimum you have to know just about exactly where to look if you want to get the answer in time.

They could make it multiple choice 1 question 4 answers wich you would have to answer in like i dont know 5 seconds? more or less.

• 1 month later...

As another disabled player who's struggled with the mastery rank tests, one idea I just thought of while failing my MR11 test for the third day in a row (despite practicing plenty of times before doing the "real" test - I fail roughly 2/3 of the time and only try the real test after passing twice in a row) is that maybe with each successive failure at a given mastery rank test, they could decrease the time required to wait until the next attempt. Maybe 24 hours after the first failure, 12 after the 2nd, 6 after the 3rd, etc. It would also be nice if there was a way to practice the actual "race" portion of Ayatan treasure hunts, since the process of going from your orbiter to Maroo to the race start point is especially tedious when you repeatedly fail the 60 second portion that actually matters. And considering how important endo (and thus Ayatan treasures) is in this game, you can't really say that the treasure hunts are "just a bonus".

• Like 2

The one free pass per account I think is a good start, but visibly doesn't cover situations like these. Considering how the game does an okay enough job of not requiring particularly intense APM to get through most, if not all content, that should reflect itself in the MR tests: one long-term plan for going about this could be to have the player choose one out of multiple tests per Mastery Rank, with each test relying on some different form of gameplay so that players with different abilities can all prove their mastery of the game, without running into a blocker when faced with a very specific requirement.

In the short term, I think it could perhaps help if the OP submitted a ticket and explained their situation to DE, so that they may get a pass on the MR 26 test. I hope they listen, as this thread proves that this is an issue affecting many more players. Even as a physically abled person, I found some parts of the MR 26 test much trickier than what I was used to (and this was while cheesing the whole thing as Limbo), so I cannot imagine how it must be for someone who only gets to play with one hand.