Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Giving Affinity and Rewards for other actions, Not just Kills

DADEFUYE

Right now most rewards are earned through kills, but how can we change that so people are not saying someone is killing off everything, which will cause DE to nerf the frame or weapon. I'm basically talking about ways to make your role in a battle matter to you, not just your allies. I will be adding this to the forums so you can give your own suggestions too.

First, we start with Questions such as:
Should healers get an affinity for healing allies?

I believe things more than just kills should be ways to get affinity when leveling or progressing through the game.
Affinity rework:
...Each Player roles should be factored into affinity gains.
... Healers, buffs, debuffs, damage dealt instead of just kills.
... This will reduce demand for nerfs too since everyone can be rewarded from playing different roles.

Giving perks like 50 endo for healing allies in each mission. 50 endo per Ally, and a total of 150 endo when in a full squad.

For buffs, you can get 25 kuva by buffing allies. 25(3) kuva in a full squad.

Debuffs will get 5 ducats, at the end of each mission. no more than 10

Players with the most Kills will be rewarded with 10,000credits at the end of the mission.

I know it may sound crazy but people will not be too concerned about getting kills or getting anything nerfed, since you can be versatile in your roles, and get rewarded for whatever you do. 

Doing all these things will reward you with all the benefits, but the catch is that -the rewards will be displayed in the same way relic farm rewards are displayed. and if you happen to be top tier or tied with other players, the rewards are given in this way:

Option A = chose one of all these rewards (150, 75 kuva, 25 ducats, or 10000 credits).
Option B = get a share of all rewards (but it will be 1/4 of the maximum amount you qualify for).

dAsI5i5.png

Fjb83ow.png

P.S:

Everyone can qualify for each reward except for the MOST KILLS REWARD.

Any Aura Mod(such as healing or buff auras) Effect will only yield a 1/4th reward for the action. 

Edited by DADEFUYE

When within 50 meters of an ally when they kill an enemy, you gain the same total Affinity... So keeping a nuker alive equals all their affinity for yourself.

With a Cletus flare Fosfor. you raise that distance to 200m for 2min

Edited by Firetempest

you did a nice work, the main issue would be not leaving open doors to bad exploitation. factoring each frame role shouldn't be a simple task but i think at least doable in the long run. You could gain affinity based on a certain amount of Life restored, for example. But the actual system grant you a shared affinity for squad kills, so i wouldn't ditch that for a less rewarding system.

I always thought that the real improvement would be a better missions design in which some tasks must be accomplished by specific frames/ability (Eidolon cap was a nice effort although not perfect towards this). Because meta is a difference concept than diversity. In that case, i wouldn't mind leaving affinity as it is now.

what about this --

those rewards you mentioned, but with the leading one in a category getting that said reward? also, this should be viable if ally affinity is within reach on some stats

- most spells cast
- most HP on friendly units healed
- most buffs given on friendly units
- most debuffs inflicted on enemies
- time detected
- time undetected
- 0 deaths / least deaths

this way, just because a trinity is spamming heal on herself at some safe corner and ignoring teammates -- wont get a reward unless she actually focuses on her role, same with the others

Maybe DE could actually make use of the statistics at the end of a mission (Most kills, most abilities cast, fire accuracy, least damage taken, etc) and actually use those for a grading system to evaluate the mission. Then grant a reward for high evaluations. I suggest instead of items grant something more substantial, namely build time reduction on the foundry. I know some games which I am not allowed to name here that have some sort of building or boosting system that takes actual time much like the foundry. But by doing missions you can speed up that process by deducting time left on the building/boosting. If Warframe implemented something like that it would solve the issue of us having to wait days for something we want to be ready and serve as an incentive to do well in missions rather than just tagging along for the ride. Of course, it would need some limitations to it, but overall it could probably work.

11 hours ago, Firetempest said:

When within 50 meters of an ally when they kill an enemy, you gain the same total Affinity... So keeping a nuker alive equals all their affinity for yourself.

With a Cletus flare Fosfor. you raise that distance to 200m for 2min

you gain the same total affinity but the distribution of affinity is different 

the general rule: 25% of the amount goes to your Warframe and 75% of the amount is divided evenly among all equipped weapons (25% each for three, 37.5% each for two, or the full 75% if only one is equipped).

- if you Kill an enemy with a Warframe ability, all of the Affinity goes to the Warframe.

- Kill an enemy with a weapon. Half of the Affinity goes to the Warframe and half to the killing weapon.

However.... if your near an ally whos nuking the general rule applies meaning instead of getting 100% to the frame or 50-50 like he is, your frame only gets 25 % of that, and the other 75%  is divided among your weapons meaning that if your running a full loadout, your leveling slower than they are and if your running 1 weapon only 3/4 as slow as they are in terms of a warframe and 1/4 as slow in terms of a weapon as 25% will go to the frame and the remaining 75% will go to that 1 weapon.

tldr if your leveling a warframe with only 1 weapon, you only actually get 1/4 the xp the nuker does for thier frame/ weapons, if your leveling a weapon you only get 75% of the total divided among each weapon equally vs 100% if you got those kills with your warframe or 50% of the undivided total if you used a weapon. thus while good for leveling weapons, nukers are the bane of anyone leveling what isnt a dps frame.

Edited by YandereWaifu

Kill stealing becomes an issue. Say goodbye to a category if you enter with a jack-of-all-trades and you get a dedicated damage/heal/cc frame.

Ducats are not appropriate rewards outside special events or burning Prime parts.

14 hours ago, DADEFUYE said:

getting anything nerfed

This was a repeated goal in your idea. Players do not determine what gets nerfed or buffed. This isn't going to make DE stop nerfing things that need nerfing and isn't going to make them start buffing everything.

23 hours ago, Zoh_Veldae said:

Maybe DE could actually make use of the statistics at the end of a mission (Most kills, most abilities cast, fire accuracy, least damage taken, etc) and actually use those for a grading system to evaluate the mission. Then grant a reward for high evaluations. I suggest instead of items grant something more substantial, namely build time reduction on the foundry. I know some games which I am not allowed to name here that have some sort of building or boosting system that takes actual time much like the foundry. But by doing missions you can speed up that process by deducting time left on the building/boosting. If Warframe implemented something like that it would solve the issue of us having to wait days for something we want to be ready and serve as an incentive to do well in missions rather than just tagging along for the ride. Of course, it would need some limitations to it, but overall it could probably work.

I like your idea a lot! Its a nice way to make the game more challenging!

For example, you get a higher grade the longer youre dealing 50% more damage than what an enemies as are currently dealing to your shield and health percentage. It goes down if you fall under the threshold.

Your grade also goes down if you take damage from an enemy before you get to deal damage to an enemy, after 5 seconds of not taking damage.

Healing allies, debuffing enemies, buffing allies all increase the grading too, but slightly tho. The amount of enemies or allies affected will determine how much of an increase to the grade you'll recieve.

At the end of the game or a rotation, you can choose to get endo, kuva, up to 1.5x the mission rewards or credit rewards in which the amount of each reward will depend on how long you maintained a grade. For example lets say youre doing really good and maintained an S or 5 star grade halfway through the mission or rotation but the other half you were at a D or 1 star. Your grade at the end of the mission will be about a B or a 3 star grade giving you rewards that are not the best but also not the worst, just somewhere inbetween.

Basically, you gotta be a ninja. The better you are at being a untouchable ninja, the better the rewards while warframes that are tanky, support based, or damage based will allow you to have an easier time getting the rewards for the playstyle you prefer. 

Headshots, dodging knock downs, consecutive melee attacks without taking a lot of damage, healing a player below 10% health should all be big increases to the grade or star rating.

Im gonna make a post about this prehaps