Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Submersible missions break Kitguns [Investigating]

Kalientos

Interesting, I know Zaws have had a bunch of issues with the transition to and from Sharkwing.  Maybe it's going to be the same with Kitguns.

My advice is to replicate the problem, exit the game, and send your EE.log and a video if possible to support.  I'll try it my self once I get my first one built.

Edited by Buff00n

When you enter Ophelia, Uranus, you're immediately put into an underwater Archwing segment where you have to swim up to the surface to set off the alarm. When I got on land, however, my kitgun wouldn't work. The sound and animation would play as if I had fired it, but no projectile would come out and it wouldn't damage enemies. Anyone else experience this?

Confirmed in both group-play and solo. Additionally, will also occur even if the mission does not start off as a submersible; if you at any point swap to submersible and come back out, the kitgun will not fire a projectile. Tested with other standard weapons that fire a projectile as opposed to hitscan (specifically, the sonicor) and they still function as normal under the same conditions. The only way it appears possible to 'reset' this bug is via player death; blew myself up, and after resurrecting was able to fire the kitgun again. If I had to guess, there's probably some relic code in submersibles that either needs to by 86'd or patched to be compatible with kitguns.

21 hours ago, Vampireium said:

Same here with tombfinger and catchmoon. Also while playing as mirage:After exiting sharkwing, her clones will shoot while she won't.

This makes sense, since the mirror clones are reading off the loadout. At first I thought maybe it was something to do with the 'landing' animation that broke/misplaced where the projectile is supposed to emit from (e.g.- the barrel), but this makes me reconsider that option.

I had a mission where I died in sharkwing form in Uranus, revived myself, then tried to fire my ungilded kitgun only to find out that the gun wouldn't fire a projectile at all. So I went to a mission by myself to try to replicate this bug and here it is in video format. PS This is my first time using shadowplay so I recorded thinking that it wouldn't pick up any mic sounds cause I disconnected the mic I normally use.

Anybody had the same problem? On grineer sealabs after using archwing, my kitgun(a gilded Tombfinger) didn't work. Upon firing no projectile came out and no effect on enemy but the sound effect did come out. I tried to plunge underwater again to use archwing and then resurface again, still the kitgun didn't work.

Edited by Jagdfenrir
added Kitgun type

I constructed a Kit gun, ranked it up, gilded it, ranked it again, put a forma on it, and now it will randomly not work when I load into a mission. The kit gun was constructed using TOMBFINGER, BASHRACK, and HAYMAKER. It recently started malfunctioning when running Ophelia on Uranus. The gun makes the firing motion animation and sounds but no particles/bullets come out and there is no damage being done to the enemy. This problem is intermittent though it is malfunctioning more often than it is working.

After emerging from submersible in Uranus mission, my catchmoon has no visible projectile and dealt no damage, although there are firing sound and can reload. I supposed this bug happen to all kitgun after emerging from submersible. Please fix.

On the mission Rosiland on Uranus, it seems like once I enter a tile that shows water, my catchmoon projectiles disappear for the rest of the mission. The gu still fires and uses ammo but no projectile comes out and no damage is dealt.

I have by no means tested this exhaustively, but it is probably worth looking into.

My Kitgun stops firing after exiting my Archwing during a Submersible mission. The gun fires, with sound and animation, but no projectile is shot and obviously no damage is dealt to enemies. Primary weapon continues to work fine, as does any non-Kitgun secondaries.

Edited by WackyWocky

This is true for submersible missions when you start on foot, transition to archwing, then back to foot. The kitgun will work before the archwing segment, but not after.

In missions where you start in archwing and then transition to foot, the kitgun remains broken for the entire mission.

After coming out of the water my kitgun(Tombfinger) would not work, even after multiple weapons swaps and continually trying, it gave the sound and animation along with the ammo being removed, but no damage was being dealt to the enemys with it. I was on Puck-Uranus at the time when this happened.