Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Darksiders 3 -Fury the Horsman<-- that is what we expected Khora to be like

-Bv-Psykiik

Have you guys played or seen Darksiders 3 ?? Fury the 3rd horsman 

watching her fight around with her whip and slaughter all mobs around her makes me think of Khora .. that's exactly what we expected Khora to do when DE first announced a new warframe who has a whip as a weapon and we all got hype but dang it wasn't what we expected .. they even tried to rework her but she still not that good ..am pretty sure no one main her bcos not matter how good she is .. there are dozen warframes can do it better 

i hope this topic is not against WF forums rules and i wont post a video of fury here bcos it may be silly to post a video of another game here ... if you want just check YT videos 

what i want to say is Fury what we were expecting khora to be like 

I main Khora, and she is great, mainly for CC. I do sorties and kuva floods just fine with her.

And if people want whip play, they can still use weapons like the Atterax and use something else other than slide attack.

Edited by Guest

19 minutes ago, (PS4)iQuedas said:

I main Khora, and she is great, mainly for CC. I do sorties and kuva floods just fine with her.

And if people want whip play, they can still use weapons like the Atterax and use something else other than slide attack.

Frost , limbo  and other can do that better 

Well there is a KEY difference in games.

Fury was built/designed around her whip & a selected few alternate weapons. It's even part of her jump.

Every enemy encounter, every room was designed with it in mind. So yeah it feels amazing.

In Warframe, Exalted Weapons are just glorified powers. The game is built around how powers can synergize with gun/sword play.

For Khora to function like Fury, she & the whole combat system would need an overhaul.

I'm more than down for better whip combos though.

Edited by (PS4)Zero_029

20 minutes ago, -Bv-Psykiik said:

Frost , limbo  and other can do that better 

Then use them. I don't use Khora just for CC. She also has decent armor, high movement speed, Venari (which, unless something can one shot me, will keep my HP always topped up), and her synergy between the first and fourth skill to quickly finish enemies caught.

I'm so glad that they scrapped the exalted weapon. Those are the cheapest and most uninspired way to fill up an ability slot.
I would rather see, something similar to what Garuda has. If you don't have a melee weapon equipped, you could use Khora's own whip. 

Also it doesn't really matter if there's a frame that can perform better, if you don't like how it plays. I personally like to use Khora more, than Frost or Limbo.

Edited by kicsikorte

vor 59 Minuten schrieb LupisV0lk:

No, no it wasn't. Stop with the false narratives with Khora. She was shown off as a Beast Master. There was no hint/talk/nudge, nudge wink, wink that she'd have an exalted whip. That was again the community reaching for the pie in the sky.

She literally was shown off with an exalted whip the first time on devstream 100.

18 minutes ago, German said:

She literally was shown off with an exalted whip the first time on devstream 100.

And luckily they decided that was a bad idea because it is.

Things change.  If the first time we ever see anything is "how things are """meant""" to be" then we wouldn't have updates.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Vox_Preliator:

And luckily they decided that was a bad idea because it is.

Things change.  If the first time we ever see anything is "how things are """meant""" to be" then we wouldn't have updates.

Yeah no I agree, I didn't like the exalted whip either. I still wish she would be more focussed on "beastmaster" than on spamming 1 and tieing people up.

3 hours ago, LupisV0lk said:

No, no it wasn't. Stop with the false narratives with Khora. She was shown off as a Beast Master. There was no hint/talk/nudge, nudge wink, wink that she'd have an exalted whip. That was again the community reaching for the pie in the sky.

DE literally said they were going to give her an exalted whip.

I have not played Darksiders 3, so I had no preconception that Khora should be like that.
I like some exalted weapons and not others, so I had no leaning one way or the other for what should be done with her whip.

As the frame stands: I like it, but I don't have much specific call to use her. I can however (and I do) use her in a number of mission types. Survival, interception, defense, mobile defense, all these and a few more are good choices for her. Which Accumulating Whipclaw, she can perform well even at some high levels.

I am glad that DE did not make the whip an exalted weapon, just due to how they changed modding of exalted items after Khora, and the number of forma that I've already put into Khora and Venari (10).

Some of the abilities feel a bit bland, but they all serve their purpose to an acceptable level.

I mainly view Khora as an alternative defensive/cc frame to use when I am bored from using the "best" option all the time, and a frame to use when I want to equip more companion mods at once.