Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Try Not To Always Rely On Warframe Abilities

Sonicdh6

You may think it is still fun to not frequently use a Warframe Ability (WA), or relying on it. But for me not utilizing any ability at its best potential makes all Warframe nearly the same. Really you try not to care too much about WA so any Warframe can work. Only modding 3 weapons are enough, only modding armor, health, shield mods and any survival mods like Adaptation on Warframes only. Done ! Because you don't care about WA, all of them at "Blue digits" are enough.

It is not the matter of the Restrictions on WA, it's the matter of your own experience and management. If you face a mission where you know there would be a lot of Nullifiers there, waiting to troll you, you will not bring a Warframe that easily come in contact with the Bubbles such as Limbo or Valkyr. If you face ESO where Simaris restricts your ability from short-time consecutive use, bring a Warframe or make a Warframe so that you won't have to spam the same WA too many times but still slaughter everything. If you face a situation where you don't have enough Energy for any WA such as Index, and maybe because you're not a Zenurik like me, try to mod your Warframe with Efficiency but still keep the Killing potentials of that Warframe. You know what your Warframes are capable of and You know what challenge may await you in every specific missions so that you choose a suitable Warframe for the run.

If it is just because of a few challenges or restrictions on your WA and you think WA should not be something a big impact on this game. Well, I don't know how and will not try to tell you to open your Horizon, but you're closing your own Horizon ! WA and weapons are meant to synergize with each other. You can make your weapon a beast in killing and you can boost it further. Rubico Prime (or any crit gun) combining with Volt's Shield makes one hell of critical gun. Valkyr for melee hype with Warcry. Ember + Jat Kusar for a big boost on Heat dmg. Nyx + Radiation weapon for the hype of CC. Different WA creates variety of playstyles and "variety of Warframes", not another same Warframe to waste more Potatoes and Cheese (forma) on.

About Stalker, I don't think he alone made you feel like you should neglect WA too, right ? He's not even a target you face everyday. You may not use any WA directly on him but you can use other WA to help you manage around ? Idc if Stalker can use his abilities on us but we can't on him, if we play with the other 3 players, it's already 1 vs 4, lol !

Eh, I rely on Titania's razorwing a lot in Orb Vallis and it's not a choice. No amount of parkour or gunplay can mine ore veins that incoveniently spawn on ceilings. Even Archwing cannot save you in that situation.

Thanks to that I have to use a gun for everything else, just to save all my energy for mining (and let the razorflies distract any enemies so they don't shoot me when I gun for max rating on the ore veins)

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, Sonicdh6 said:

3. The Stalker (only one of Excalibur Umbra's abilities can actually affect The Stalker, which is Radial Howl)

I raise you to Mag's 2nd ability, which he can't clean off himself either.

On another note: I agree and disagree with ability usage. Too often I see new players either excessively using certain abilities to get through maps (which is fine because that's their choice) but I also see a lot of players not knowing what their abilities do because all they know are the weapons they are given and maybe the first ability that is unlocked for their frame. They're not gonna know what the other abilities do and when they find out, it's probably god-send when their weapons fail and their abilities succeed. 

I agree though - learning to live just by mechanics alone is a good skill to develop. But after that, you're better off incorporating your abilities in because let's face it. Unless you have a weapon that is capable of room-wide clearing (which very few in this game do) you're going to be relying on your abilities for mob management or dealing with bosses.

13 hours ago, Sonicdh6 said:

To make this clear, No, this is not me forcing you to not use your abilities. This is just my opinion on what happens or what should be done in-case a situation that doesn't allow you to use your Abilities occurs. Basically just trying to help people to prepare for these instances within the game.

Earlier I played a game with someone and that person got me thinking: Hey, I should really let them know how to live in missions without the use of Warframe Abilities or Other Player Warframe Abilities. Even though they just don't get the explanation, I have instead decided to convey the message to here like so: If you rely on either your own Warframe Abilities or Someone Else's then you might not do to well when either A) Your Abilities get restrained and cannot be used. B) You don't have enough power to use said Ability. If you are asking, "I wonder what having your Abilities Restrained means". then those are included (but not limited to):
1. Nullifiers
2. A Special Mission (sometimes missions have been known to do this)
3. The Stalker (only one of Excalibur Umbra's abilities can actually affect The Stalker, which is Radial Howl)

Good idea. There are plenty of instances where you can find yourself unable to use your abilities and you have no choice but to play without them.

Personally speaking I tend to only use my abilities at certain points in games, if I need to protect myself, clear a large number of enemies quickly, or buff allies. I definitely don't spam them (the only exception being Rhino's Iron Skin in higher level missions).

Generally I try to conserve my energy for situations when I'll really need it.

13 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

If you listen closely you can hear Mesa laughing in the distance while slaughtering the Stalker.

No, he does dispel Peacemaker. Tried and tested.

That alone is enough reason for me to bring my Tigris or Arca Plasmor (when I need so much CC I can clear out one corridor-ful of Corpus) to every misson.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb RWBY-WhiteRose:

No, he does dispel Peacemaker. Tried and tested.

That alone is enough reason for me to bring my Tigris or Arca Plasmor (when I need so much CC I can clear out one corridor-ful of Corpus) to every misson.

He does dispel but he doesnt dispel all the time. So you can just reactivate and peacemaker him to death.

If anything, this thread only openly shows how lacking the game has become when players have to gimp themselves to have any sort of balance or fun by not using whats given in game as the tools of progression.

After figuring out how to maintain your kps, in this horde shooter what's left? I wish this game had a character storied mission mode similar to that of Tekken where you ultimately play against a faction boss that is equal or counters the powers of the frame youre using, so the fight can actually be somewhat challenging.

well one can only hope for such things but the reality is opposite. pls mix it up a bit, the taste is too bland.

Well... I get where you're coming from, TC, but it's hard to do anything else these days. I love the game's weaponry a lot and pride myself in building and keeping most of them. I have developed nice shooting skills over time and enjoy using guns above melee.

But then... You try to shoot someone and there's a Revenant floating around owning everything. Ok, so no targets for you! Turn around and ai-- oh, there's a Nidus tentacle'ing everything into an orgy-ball of mutated flesh. I guess I can shoot that a bit and get a few hits... But if I turn the other way!-- Nope, someone with an Ignis Wraith just holding the mouse button and melting everything into a messy pulp of flesh and fluids. No aim needed for them either...

So, really... The game provides no real incentive to use guns that aren't AOE or to use them over spamming skills since it's incredibly easy to get energy to spam these days.

I remember when Dual Toxocist came out thinking "Wow! This is awesome! I get rewarded for good marksmanship! I just need to get a headsho-- Nope, Ember just cleared the room. Moving on"

Edited by Heatnix.

25 minutes ago, Heatnix. said:

But then... You try to shoot someone and there's a Revenant floating around owning everything. Ok, so no targets for you! Turn around and ai-- oh, there's a Nidus tentacle'ing everything into a orgy-ball of mutated flesh. I guess I can shoot that a bit and get a few hits... But if I turn the other way!-- Nope, someone with an Ignis Wraith just holding the mouse button and melting everything into a messy pulp of flesh and fluids. No aim needed for them either...

So, really... The game provides no real incentive to use guns that aren't AOE or to use them over spamming skills since it's incredibly easy to get energy to spam these days.

All of this happens to me in Public Squads. It’s less frustrating when you be in a planned out Squad or Friends so far since there’s high chance of having these type of Players appear randomly and it’s not fun.