Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Keystone/The Amazing Eternals

BattleBunnyKai

I don't know if this is the right place to put this so move it if you have too mods.

But, is anyone else disappointing that Keystone was canceled... I was watching someone play Overwatch & Paladins back to back. I couldn't help but remember how much more I liked Keystone even in it's Beta phase compared to two fully released games. I'm not sure if we are still under the contractual obligation as to not talk about the intricacies of Keystone since it never exited closed beta. However, I 'd like to know if anyone else felt this way.

Here is how to make it survive-

The game of WARFRAME has a quest where we finally get to see the Ice Pirates. They are attempting to save a ship that is having some issues with the Infested. As we come on the ship, we Begin by saving the person holding down the docking bay. As we save them, we go to the sick bay, weapons locker, artillery array, communication room, kitchen, and finally the bridge where we meet the remaining crew.

The entire crew is the characters from The Amazing Eternals and after we help them, the game unlocks the requested by many First Person Shooter side using them. From then on, when you start WARFRAME, it gives you the choice to sign in to either Warframes or Space Pirates. Do you want the powers and parkour of a variety of Frames ir do you want to do FPS with the crew of Space Pirates? 

You can use the crew to do the missions nodes as before but have to unlock them all as them and once you get a planet unlocked, you get a new character. Able to buy character costume packs that come with plat and you can find star tokens to get Star Ice armor that is basically Prime parts. 

Or something like that....

It was very likely another hero shooter in the current market won't thrive or garner a big enough audience to compete with the likes of Overwatch. But it had a unique concept. Maybe Amazing Eternals could've survived as a CCG/card battle game with the same motif. Then again, that market is also pretty swamped. I'm not entirely sure what could be done to salvage the assets and revive the game but it had the potential to be something good.

Yea, I mean DE worked on other FPS games before Warframe. I know that they know how to do it correctly. With the additions Of the card system it really was different every game. Seemed pretty polished even for a Beta game only thing that needed work was the netcode plus the accuracy of the killcam. Other than that game was super fun it just needed more publicity.

The Keystone was a similar game like Paladins and Overwatch with the card system. Not so unique but at least had a different atmosphere but the game itself was something what the other two knew so in business wise that game meant to be failure. I tried it and it was not that but but there missed a lot of content, heroes, items and had some minor issues aswell. Once they can focus on multiple projects hopefully they could bring back to life this game because there was some potential and some of us would like to play that sometimes.

They were simply late to the party,it is not like everyone and his mom did not try to cash-in on hero shooter hype,but mediocre blizzard overshadowed them all by pushing lots of money in to e-tournaments and marketing.

It is like trying to do another battle royale now,it could be best in the world and still would not do well because everyone is in fortnite now.

Basically everyone tries to catch a trend and the Overwatch after Teamfortress 2 tried to achieve something and they were lucky because the peoples liked this game genre then all major companies and smaller ones tried to copy that. DE was late and they tried the exact same so the game failed.

Remember the times when peoples hyped for strategies, then everyone made strategy, then changed into something else. Card games also trendy now and all of them used the magic the gathering's success to make their own card game in result we have hearthstone, gwent, yugioh, shadowverse, etc. Artifact in this case is a bit late on the party and it seems from reports the Valve does not really know the card games and it supposed to fail.

Keystone could have been different a bit but already there are 3-4 game which failed because the market can be easily filled. Just like Lol and Dota2 covers most of the moba market and the others are happy if can get 0,5-1-2% of the cake.

Edit - Warframe covers it's market and that is important because nor Destiny "hopefully" nor Anthem will compete with warframe so the game can thrive.

Edited by Syndrella

The late Keystone had the same problem as the other game they are still set to publish. Survived By. Its derivative of Realm of the mad god. Trend chasing. well, real old... not really relevant now trend chasing, but trend chasing just the same.

The hero shooter market was too saturated. And now a game for the Rogue-lite market that had not been that relevant for several years now.

Interestingly though... they both have/had a upgrade card system that lends itself to heavy monetisation. Looks like they are looking, as a company, to make up for how not scummy they are in WF, and looking to belt out some lootcrate games. But just in time for lootcrates to be determined as gambling or more scrutinized at the current pace of regulations from other countries.

Edited by Firetempest