Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lex - Surprisingly My New Favourite.

Stakhanov

I've been used to the Kunai for the longest time now, but I was trying for a Number 1 solo rank on the kiliken survival leaderboards today (Failed, did achieve Rank 3 for Clan though; Infested Hunter Stakhanov), but I got bored of the Kunai, and since the update where I no longer need dupicate mods, I tried the Lex, Level 30, no Formas. I was extremely surprised to see it could one shot Level 133 Corpus Crewman with a single shot to the head. It served as my ammo saver, and even up to wave 40 I found it was extremely trusty and could blow off the Crewmen's heads to a very surprising degree. Maybe even more if I amp up the Hornet Strike a little more.

Has the Lex always been this good? :S

Yes, but since it has no AP, it's frowned upon.

There's also a faction of people who ardently state that since it can be bought with credits, it's a 100% worthless throw away weapon.
Most secondaries don't see much light, what with kunai and Acrid existing.

Coming from me, the person whose first weapon ever bought was the Lex (And first weapon potato'd...and first weapon forma'd...), with a four Forma Lex, it is a beast...until armor says no.

Yes, but since it has no AP, it's frowned upon.

There's also a faction of people who ardently state that since it can be bought with credits, it's a 100% worthless throw away weapon.

Most secondaries don't see much light, what with kunai and Acrid existing.

Coming from me, the person whose first weapon ever bought was the Lex (And first weapon potato'd...and first weapon forma'd...), with a four Forma Lex, it is a beast...until armor says no.

Armor is a $#*(@ :/

Edited by UltraFlyingTaco

Zoom, projectile travel time, imperfect accuracy and the preposition to bust out windows disagree. 

Seer has projectile travel time and imperfect accuracy?

I haven't got the gun yet but I thought it would've been hitscan with about perfect accuracy...

Seer has projectile travel time and imperfect accuracy?

I haven't got the gun yet but I thought it would've been hitscan with about perfect accuracy...

Nope, the projectile has a travel time making long range shots inefficient and when using multishot you can see projectiles diverging. Lex is a much better pocket sniper.

If it looked like a sci-fi deagle(Yes De MAKE IT HAPPEN!!) instead of a semi reskinned lato. Then I would use it all the time. but once I hit 30 dropped itfor the twin gremlins.

Sci fi deagle is exactly why i bought lex lol. It fires way too slow tho but i was a nub then and now i know and have higher level fire rate mods. also the armor problem isn't thaaaat bad xD. At least not in t3s. for high lvl defense i can see why but what is the point of that other than personal achievement. i'm a gamer, i need rewards for everything. sarcasm aside what is the point of doing something for notbing, obviously for fun and personal gain but that well can dry up fast.

My wraith has no problem melting level 99-100 minigunners but that is like saying i don't know why your corolla is slow bc my ferrari is fast lool

Am I the only one who thinks people thinking that the Vasto is "soooo much better" is really foolish? they are wildly different guns and the Vasto while having a higher overall dps has some srs downsides, people defaulting to thinking its better allways seemed pretty stupid to me.

My personal opinion on Seer / Lex / Vasto  (used all of them quite a bit) is that on paper the Seer is an amazing  pistol, but in practice is sadly unreliable and quite annoying (not only because of the bullet travel).

The Vasto is not a bad pistol, but very overrated. Higher overall DPS =/= Better, in fact it seems less effective in use much of the time when compared to the Lex because it often takes more then one shot to kill something, making its faster fire rate pointless and efficiency drop off a cliff, and has recoil that can make it difficult to place your shots well on consecutive targets.

The Lex is Great, incredibly reliable and I cant think of a time where it has outright failed me once in any situation, save for close quarters PVP with someone who has a maxed out despair or snipetron vandal.

I wouldn't know of course, but I am wondering if those people who think the vasto is so much better just fight weak enemies all the time.