Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did someone log into my account?

RandomAsianDay

So I came back from a 3 month hiatus in Warframe, and when I tried to log in, it says that I have a negative platinum balance? The last time I bought platinum, it was the Limbo Prime Access pack, off of steam. I had to stop playing due to a computer malfunction and I was forced to take a break. But when I tried to log in yesterday, it says negative platinum. I thought it was just a bug or something, so I waited until today to try again. However, there is still a negative platinum balance? Did someone hack my account or something? Can someone use your computer??? And why does my account have -2136 platinum?

When payment for platinum is canceled, this causes the platinum created by the purchase to be deleted.  Unfortunately, this will still happen (even placing someone into negatives) if the person possessing the fraud plat is not the person who originally purchased it. 

Did you trade any items for platinum in those numbers?  A riven, perhaps?

Edited by Zavenosk

7 minutes ago, RandomAsianDay said:

And why does my account have -2136 platinum?

Have you previously done a lot of trading? That’s what usually does it.

DE might be able to tell you what happened. So, send a message to support.

17 hours ago, RandomAsianDay said:

Today I took my laptop to get inspected by a technician. They told me that my computer had been infected by a trojan virus called redirect.u? Apparently it loads a bunch of malware onto your computer. Could someone have stolen my account details and used it?

Unless the guy who stole your account decided to buy plat for you then initiated a chargeback, no thats not the source of the problem.

You can only get negative balance in two ways:

You buy plat, use up parts of it then call a chargeback.

You get plat from a trader wgo currently holds fake plat.

I payed for prime access through steam, and I bought some bundles. I never got a refund and I have never received over 100 platinum from anybody. I payed platinum for bundles and I traded for some prime sets using platinum. Then a week or so later, my computer malfunctioned and I haven't tried played warframe until 3 days ago. How is my account able to get negative plat? I contacted support and I haven't received an answer. Was my account being used by someone while I was away?

Edited by RandomAsianDay

8 hours ago, RandomAsianDay said:

I payed for prime access through steam, and I bought some bundles. I never got a refund and I have never received over 100 platinum from anybody. I payed platinum for bundles and I traded for some prime sets using platinum. Then a week or so later, my computer malfunctioned and I haven't tried played warframe until 3 days ago. How is my account able to get negative plat? I contacted support and I haven't received an answer. Was my account being used by someone while I was away?

If you were in a clan or if you have friends that are usually online, you might be able to ask them through forums or some other form of communication to check when you were last online in the clan roster or friends roster. If it doesn't line up exactly with when you were last online, then it's likely that you were hacked. If not, then something else probably went wrong.