Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Life-of-Clickbait is a Clickbaiter: A Light Discussion on a Warframe Partner

Nez-Kal

That guy who starts off all videos with postitive energy stuff, and then continues to just rant about all things Warframe and DE for 10 mins? Of course all in the name of providing feedback 😄  

I used to watch his stuff when I started playing WF, but then it just became too much complaining about everything (this sucks, that sucks, rework, don't like it, you're doing it wrong DE, yadayada). Not very compatible with a fairly new player who's still enthusiastic about things. I prefer the more neutral and informative youtubers nowadays, but I guess it depends on what you're looking for. He certainly has a big community behind him, so good for them. I get the impression that he's representing many of the vets being all depressed about the lack of "endgame", an actual issue that DE is very well aware of. So no, I don't really think he's bad as a partner, but certainly not for everyone to watch or follow. Clickbaity titles and thumbnails is just the nature of youtube, a thing more related to the platform rather than the content creators. 

On 2018-12-08 at 7:20 AM, Tangent-Valley said:

but there's a point where you just go too far with this obvious Audience Milking and Clickbaiting

Yes. It's dumb and it sucks, and this content creator is definitely a hard-core clickbaiter. But even if it's unsavory, it's not disallowed. Just like commercials and radio jingles (Ba da bap bap baa I'm lovin' it) people use whatever tactics they can to get lots of other people to pay attention to them. And if there's one thing we know about clickbait: at large, it works. It gets people the attention they're aiming for. Not from everyone (some have grown accustomed to the stuff and recognize it for what it is and ignore it), but a number of people still fall for the shock-value facade of a clickbait title and thumbnail. And that's not against any rules. And even when it's apparent that the videos are clickbaity, some stay and watch because they like listening to a disgruntled MMO player give ill-informed, opinionated, cynical rants about a video game (or just nothing) for 10 minutes. In any case, this particular Warframe partner is definitely distasteful to some (myself included) but appealing to others, and he evidently hasn't gone "to far" because he's still getting views and subscribers (I think). 

IDK. Maybe I should say I just don't care. Even if a guy is a total idiot it's beneficial to DE if he can bring more new players.

I just hope some forum users will stop bringing their catchy PoV or even copy and paste their videos to this forum coz it's not a place for advertising.