Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fortuna: The Profit-Taker - Update 24.2

[DE]Megan

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The intent here is to allow you moments of beefy damage output, and not become just another Primary/Secondary weapon.  

Noble intent, however the actual result is adding extra annoyance to mandatory moments of feeble damage, since the archguns are weaker than regular guns.

Having to wait to switch to a special gun that's weaker than your regular gun, and which is mandatory to use because your regular gun is arbitrarily rendered ineffective, that's... not very good game design in my honest opinion, let's put it that way. No part of that process feels satisfying or fun.

Also, that long animation of switching to the archgun, that's a joke, right?

6 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Noble intent, however the actual result is adding extra annoyance to mandatory moments of feeble damage, since the archguns are weaker than regular guns.

for sure with 10 minutes cooldown

@[DE]Megan pls change dat sick system for... dunno 5-10 min use, overload, and then respectively 1-3 min cooldown, or whatever more use-able

Remove the self damage on Staticor and im okay with it again.

Im not one of those Bandwagon bug abusers that found the staticor bc it was OP for the last weeks. I used the staticor for 2 years. Its the most used Equipment in my profile. It was ideal. I build my playstyle around it.

Now I just keep killing myself.

I might be the only person playing this game wiith charging up my staticor, pretending to throw a fireball, while everyone else is just rapid fireing away.

It makes me sad to see an item that precious ruined. Sure its still good and maybe the selfdamage was even called for (no it wasnt), but now it just doesnt fit my playstile anymore. I dont use Lenz, I dont use granade launchers. I dont like smacking myself.
and if in the end every weapon, every gun, pistol and sword gets to have self damage (dammit i cut myself, so edgy), then maybe it remains fair for Staticor to have it too.

give me back my staticor

21 minutes ago, DavidCurser said:

Remove the self damage on Staticor and im okay with it again.

Im not one of those Bandwagon bug abusers that found the staticor bc it was OP for the last weeks. I used the staticor for 2 years. Its the most used Equipment in my profile. It was ideal. I build my playstyle around it.

Now I just keep killing myself.

I might be the only person playing this game wiith charging up my staticor, pretending to throw a fireball, while everyone else is just rapid fireing away.

It makes me sad to see an item that precious ruined. Sure its still good and maybe the selfdamage was even called for (no it wasnt), but now it just doesnt fit my playstile anymore. I dont use Lenz, I dont use granade launchers. I dont like smacking myself.
and if in the end every weapon, every gun, pistol and sword gets to have self damage (dammit i cut myself, so edgy), then maybe it remains fair for Staticor to have it too.

give me back my staticor

Two things: stop crying and change weapon,vary your playing style. Enjoy!

Ok, yeah. This Orb fight, I can get behind. 

-Spectacular VO on the thing, love it. So much more, "O-O THAT'S COOL" every time it talks, than previous proxies just warbling and chirping robo-noises. 

-No time-of-day timegating, this is a much-needed and appreciated step up in accessibility. Tridolons were a real schedule commitment that you had to stand around waiting for - a huge turnoff altogether much of the time - it's much more psychologically enticing to partake when we can hop in whenever we like. 

-I'm a big fan of the design of the fight in that we're encouraged to use the diversity our arsenals afford us, very happy with this polar opposite swing from the exclusivity of Tridolons and their "only two weapons in existence are actually effective". I really like that it plays to the game's core strengths rather than abandons them. 

Rewards need to work to make it worthwhile, but the activity itself is looking right on track so far.

However, those meeting cutscenes need to be skippable after we clear it the first time.Trying to farm the materials for the new weapons is pretty un-fun when there's a ~3 minute cutscene of unskippable dialogue every single time you take the mission.

9 hours ago, Terminator_krut said:

Rank of Old Mate? That sucks.

Yeah, given there isn't what I'd call a variety of ways to get to that rank. The rep grinding is part of why I stopped playing WoW and moved to other games, but it seems like Warframe is adding it as a "core" piece of the game. Rep grinding is boring, especially without a means of boosting it; at least WoW gives me a way of boosting my rep gains; even if it's small. I *still* haven't started the Revenant quest in Eidolon because of the tedium of grinding Quills rep.

At the very least, give me a sigil to earn rep while doing things in other places. Or, give us a way to earn rep outside of a frozen; all white wasteland.

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixes towards enemies getting stuck in crates on the Grineer Earth Defense tileset.

This actually got a lot worse. Ran a bunch yesterday trying to farm a mod (ran 20 wave missions 6x or so), only a dozen or so enemies got stuck the whole time.

Ran 1 5 wave mission today, probably 75%-90% of enemies did not path into the "circle" correctly.

Otherwise, thanks for the updates as usual.

7 minutes ago, Warrior-EN- said:

Two things: stop crying and change weapon,vary your playing style. Enjoy! 

I have almost every gun. I Chose Staticor to be my main. now DE took that away? And they STILL didnt delete Limbo? How is this fair? How is this justified?
Because I liked it? Im on the bad card because I liked how it was a fire ball throwing sorcerers cuffs? because how RPG and fantasy it was? Where would I find another of those guns?

I dont "NEED" the staticor, theres better guns. I WANT the staticor because Its like how I (used to) like to play.

Unplayably glitchy. Can't switch weapons or use Warframe powers 50% of the time. Infinite cooldown on Archwing weapon summon. Switching Warframe unequiped the "heavy weapon" from its slot. The list goes on. I love Warframe, but this is by far the most broken update I've ever experienced, worse than the launch of Plains in my opinion. Why is this so broken? 

1 hour ago, WinterLynx said:

This update feels rather rushed.  With many bugs, & crashes, nerf to staticor, made conservation less fun, mesa prime cosmetics are buggy.  I hope many of the changes in this update will be reverted or fixed during the week.

Every time they add self damage to a weapon, a part of me dies. Self damage never belonged in this game (or any game in my opinion) 

1 hour ago, FuzzyRamen said:

Too much Dialog and not enough rewards for the missions for Gyromag systems.

so much this, wouldn't mind so much if you could skip it but nope got to watch EVERY time... and then the drop rate on gyromag is just stupidly low considering how many we need.

Got to be honest the 'grind' introduced with this update is making it anything but enjoyable for me personally.  I've literally wasted over 2 hours trying to get 15 gyromags....and I'm still 3 short.  It should NOT take 2 hours to get 5 drops of a common reward when the mission takes literally 5 mins tops, actually it takes longer to wait out the 'cut scenes' to trigger the next stage than it does to do the mission which makes it even more annoying.  

Honestly who in their right mind thought adding all the talking was a good idea on missions that take less time than the amount of time the talking takes...

Archived