Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A step backwards with the Orb heists?

Fellas92

2 hours ago, Teridax68 said:

Agreed. It's clear that pretty much the entirety of Warframe's combat is designed and balanced around guns, with practically every boss and even some basic units, like the Nox, rendering melee combat against them either impossible or unreasonably clunky. I highly doubt Melee 3.0 will fix this, and I feel that issue will only dampen the melee rework, as melee combat will continue to be limited to mostly just cleaving through rooms of cannon fodder enemies. It is currently perfectly possible to run the entirety of the game without a melee weapon, but impossible to run the whole game without the use of guns, which I think is a shame.

It's not like video games haven't set a precedent for melee combat in boss fights, either: Shadow of the Colossus gives a perfect example of how players could take on enemies far larger than themselves with a simple sword and still win, and Warframe itself is no stranger to the concept of weak points. Something as simple as adding a large damage multiplier when using a melee attack on, say, an Eidolon synovia, or some weak spot on the Profit-Taker, could make melee combat viable and skill-expressive, particularly since melee combat presents the awesome opportunity to make players get incredibly close to deadly opponents for high-risk, high-reward play. Beyond that, there's likely a lot of design work to be done, particularly with respect to invincibility, damage caps, and certain hitboxes.

I'll leave this here:

• Like 1

Was it fun the first time?  Yes.  Did i feel threatened?  No.  It just felt like i was running around the whole time spraying its shields doing tickle damage to it even with fully modded arch weapons , frame,  and normal guns.  And it was just a big eidolon... Sure it can aoe kill you,  but it was just another take out a bunch of limbs then hit the body again. .. Not looking forward to farming it for mods. 

I've had an issue with the following: You can't deploy the Archgun in Archwing mode.

Also, death shouldn't give you a CD on your archgun, that's just silly. I thought that Hystrix would be a nice choice, but sadly it only applies status effects, not the damage.
The fight is basicly lephantis with changing resistances... .

And did I mention: YOU CAN'T DEPLOY THE ARCHGUN IN ARCHWING MODE!!!

It's just boring, endlessly buggy, and relies on tedious gameplay elements (knockdown spam added to corpus' already annoying array of tools? wtf?)

I've never failed the boss fight unless something went and broke on me, it's not hard, it's not fun, and it's not interesting enough for me to want to grind it endlessly.

On 2018-12-18 at 7:14 PM, DiabolusUrsus said:

The lack of melee support for significant encounters is, frankly, quite appalling.

It's terrible.

They tease a new boss and act like that boss will be an "epic fight" when most of the time it's just a lame "shoot the glowing weak spot" boredom fest.  Like Lephantis.  Oh yeah, space ninjas, we can run around maybe cut at the legs to stagger it, maybe even when it's stunned jump or climb on it and stab it in one of the heads.  NOPE!!  Shoot the glowing weak spots!

J3 Golem.  Finally a proper archwing boss!  Maybe we can fly around, fight some smaller enemies, maybe some tentacle stuff.  Dodge around cut with our awesome archwing swords and blast stuff with the big guns(for you uncivilized fold who prefer clumsy and random guns) but NOPE!  Shoot the glowing weak spot!

Ruk gets a makeover. Ok, cool guy with fire powers, this should be a great fight!  NOPE!  Shoot the glowing weak spot!

Eidolons!  Giant Sentient remains.  Wait a minute, I know what this is going to be.  Shoot the glowing weak spot, ugh.  NOPE!  Go to operator mode to whittle down it's special shield, THEN Shoot the glowing weak spots!

What do we have to do to get some big revised bosses that we can hit with our swords!?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-12-21 at 8:01 AM, Beas7ie said:

It's terrible.

They tease a new boss and act like that boss will be an "epic fight" when most of the time it's just a lame "shoot the glowing weak spot" boredom fest.  Like Lephantis.  Oh yeah, space ninjas, we can run around maybe cut at the legs to stagger it, maybe even when it's stunned jump or climb on it and stab it in one of the heads.  NOPE!!  Shoot the glowing weak spots!

J3 Golem.  Finally a proper archwing boss!  Maybe we can fly around, fight some smaller enemies, maybe some tentacle stuff.  Dodge around cut with our awesome archwing swords and blast stuff with the big guns(for you uncivilized fold who prefer clumsy and random guns) but NOPE!  Shoot the glowing weak spot!

Ruk gets a makeover. Ok, cool guy with fire powers, this should be a great fight!  NOPE!  Shoot the glowing weak spot!

Eidolons!  Giant Sentient remains.  Wait a minute, I know what this is going to be.  Shoot the glowing weak spot, ugh.  NOPE!  Go to operator mode to whittle down it's special shield, THEN Shoot the glowing weak spots!

What do we have to do to get some big revised bosses that we can hit with our swords!? 

image.png?w=500&c=1

Edited by Mach25

On 2018-12-18 at 11:48 PM, MirageKnight said:

I'd think something that big would drop a ton of Circuits, Alloy, Salvage, even some Fieldron Samples.

But a stupid Toroid that gives 6k standing to Vox Solaris? And a Sigil? That's IT?

6t2q.jpg

Edited by Mach25

id also like to say that requiring old mate is just annoying it just shoves the content behind a weeks worth of grind for the most dedicated players or multiple weeks to a couple months worth of consistent play for people who dont invest all of their free time to grinding bounties in that frozen crap hole. Kinda ridiculous imo to hear that neither the rewards nor the fight are worth doing. I already bought baruuk, ill probably buy that shotgun I was looking at and just occasionally do bounties unless and until some actual rewards get released for the orbs.

• 2 weeks later...