Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk - Feedback and about 4th ability...

CuteFoxyFox

Played some Baruuk today and I must say his kit is preety neat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall

- His defences feels kinda weak I mean Shield and HP. Personally would focus on his HP and Armor. So get less shields and more HP and Armor in return. 1 is channeled ability so it would be nice to gain some energy from Rage.

- Animations - Jeez... what do you guys do with animations nowadays. His animations are freaking long as hell. Can we make them a bit faster? cuz by the time i put on my 4 or 1... im dead

-------------------------------------

Passive

- Its nice to have such a ability to use exalted without energy cost. I like it.

-----------------------------------------

1st ability

- It is nice buuuut the fact that it is channeled ability makes it hard to maintain energy. He has good polarization for energy siphon on his aura but he cant get energy cuz 1 is channeled. I would give it duration as you did with NeZha's 1

--------------------------------------------

2nd ability

- Feels a bit slow but we are kinda used to insta sleeps like 2nd Excal skill or Equinox sleep. But it is nice ability anyway just feels slowish.

---------------------------------------------

3rd ability

- Its hard to maintain track of your charges. I like the idea that they jump to your allies but can they just clone or smth? One time i look "ok i have 5 i can get it" second later i die cuz suddenly i lost all of them... and they didnt shoot at enemies I can tell you that,

For example Mesa's 2 doesnt go away from her when used. It goes around allies but Mesa keeps the buff all the time.

---------------------------------------------

4th ability

- Well it really lacks dmg. I would not really buff dmg tho... would just add status chance, a lot more status chance.

- OR he has a lot in energy pool, How about make it: When Baruuk is using channeling he gets additional Crit chance, Crit Damage and Status chance?

could work. it just need some status cuz crit is not enough for high lvls

-----------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading and also hope you will have some changes for Garuda in the near future too! 🙂

Would appreciate if you could check out my Garuda's topic as well! Thank you!

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :3

Edited by CuteFoxyFox
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, CuteFoxyFox said:

When Baruuk is using channeling he gets additional Crit chance, Crit Damage and Status chance?

They're removing channeling in melee 3.0 so that would be a waste. Honestly if they made it so the waves counted towards the combo counter it would fix everything or at least let mods like lifestrike, healing return and shattering impact affect the waves for some utility.

22 minutes ago, CuteFoxyFox said:

Yeah I know but there is something replacing it as they mentioned. Some super-power mode that Warframes go into while using melee so maybe maybe? 😛

But it would be obsolete in the new system so it isn't a viable option.

Quick Thinking (800+ energy and multiple DR sources), Corrosive Projection+you want -duration for his 2 with high efficiency so 1 drops to 2 energy a second, Dagger count scales with power strength (11-13 daggers based normal or umbral for 19 energy), slide and block combo on 4 for cc and otherwise (IMO) its usage is there to be finisher fuel if you go for a scaling melee (since you save 2-3 mod slots that dont go into drifting, blood rush and possibly weeping/CO/Berserker/etc) and 2 more pushing to abuse him having slower valkyr talons worth of base damage for finishers.

If his sleep wouldnt end after 1 hit/had the unique benefit of lasting for full duration due to having ramp his 4 wouldnt have much scaling issues (outside of endurance runs) due to the 700% stealth attack modifier/same thing that can carry excal without Chromatic and CO through the entire Star Chart.

5 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

slide and block combo on 4 for cc and otherwise (IMO) its usage is there to be finisher fuel

How many times must I repeat this for you until you actually read it? 

It does not have finishers.

If you are going for finishers, you are sending enemies to sleep and using a normal weapon, not his fists. 

• Like 1

This is probably my first comment on this forum so I may add something to the mix after balling my eyes out testing him in the simulacrum :P.

Baruuk's 1 vulnerability window needs to be linked to when the damage happens (Also not to Damage over time effects, which I feared may get mixed up because Zenistar exists) and not the attack animation. For example: If I use Sybaris (Prime), and if I shoot the enemy, I'll still be vulnerable if the recoil animation on the gun hasn't finished. Same goes for melee-ing (which I'm a fan of), if a swing has animation to finish, you're gonna get hit and that's not weird as hell and I would have to resort to fast melee-ing stances and weapons.  

His 2 is fine as it is but Kavats/kubrows attacking or even daggers proccing on enemies and waking them up is about counter-intuitive when you have stuff like Equinox sleep which is based on the percentage health threshold to wake them up. 

His 3 is fine as it is, just needs to update the text to read 90% damage reducion instead of 90. Daggers count is missing after exiting and entering operator mode. 

His 4 needs a melee counter, or not, could just be melee 3.0 seeping in again. It's a fun support ability to help teammates clear trash mobs (even at level 115), and let your teammates finish the heavier units and I'm not gonna add anything. 

Obviously my gripe with him is the vulnerability window :P

So lets go over your stuff one by one:

" It is nice buuuut the fact that it is channeled ability makes it hard to maintain energy. He has good polarization for energy siphon on his aura but he cant get energy cuz 1 is channeled. I would give it duration as you did with NeZha's 1."

~It shouldn't be.  A streamline alone should be enough to reduce the energy cost by a significant amount.  Combine that with the fact that having high duration is a viable way to play him would slow the drain down as well.  And finally he has one of the highest energy pools out there.  You really shouldn't be having energy problems as all of his abilities are pretty cheap to cast.  Making it a duration would create awkward moments when it drops and you take damage.  Making it channeled means you're in control of when you take damage.

"His defences feels kinda weak I mean Shield and HP. Personally would focus on his HP and Armor. So get less shields and more HP and Armor in return. 1 is channeled ability so it would be nice to gain some energy from Rage."

~He can have up to 90% DR.  He has multiple sources of DR.  His 1 makes him invulnerable to everything sans aoe damage and knock down.  He could absolutely work with p flow and QT for high sustainability alone.  He disarms enemies constantly and sleeps enemies.  and cc's enemies.  He's very survivable and his stats don't need to be changed to be a direct tank.  He's a pacifist.  He survives from indirect means.

"Feels a bit slow but we are kinda used to insta sleeps like 2nd Excal skill or Equinox sleep. But it is nice ability anyway just feels slowish."

~It's slow because the enemies don't fall asleep until the AoE that lingers goes away.  The trade off is you don't get insta sleep.  But you get a lingering effect which means enemies can walk into your cast range and get effected.  On top of this enemies awoken from damage have a short period of stun and if they wake up on their own they've lost all aggro on people and are back into the un alert state.  Making the sleep instant plus all of these benefits would be OP.  He has no need for it to be instant when his 1 makes him invincible.

"Its hard to maintain track of your charges. I like the idea that they jump to your allies but can they just clone or smth? One time i look "ok i have 5 i can get it" second later i die cuz suddenly i lost all of them... and they didnt shoot at enemies I can tell you that,

For example Mesa's 2 doesnt go away from her when used. It goes around allies but Mesa keeps the buff all the time"

~You can recast the ability at anytime and it's not an expensive ability.  It's fine as is.

"Well it really lacks dmg. I would not really buff dmg tho... would just add status chance, a lot more status chance.

- OR he has a lot in energy pool, How about make it: When Baruuk is using channeling he gets additional Crit chance, Crit Damage and Status chance?

could work. it just need some status cuz crit is not enough for high lvls"

~his 4 is capable of one shotting enemies of any type (sans maybe a nox) all the way up to around level 60.  Higher than that it's capable of killing trash mobs in 1-2 shots even at level 100 enemies.  It's only armored targets at insanely high level enemies that his 4 isn't great at killing.  And that's FINE.  His 4 is about ccing enemies first.  That's the whole point.  If you want an exalted weapon that you mash to kill targets at any level play a different frame.

Baruuk is 100% fine as is.  He doesn't really need any changes.

6 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

How many times must I repeat this for you until you actually read it? 

It does not have finishers.

If you are going for finishers, you are sending enemies to sleep and using a normal weapon, not his fists. 

Just because you do not have the capacity to click e when near a sleeping enemy with his fists active doesnt mean they cant do it, hell e.g. brozime did it multiple times on stream when fiddling around with them. Then again proceed with your cheese and whine if you insist on wishing him nerfed to need a augment, have 550 instead of 750 slide attack damage, 15% instead of 50% crit chance and get damage falloff.

Meanwhile every actually sentient life form understands that due to high base damage, scaling from power strength (which even at the max range setup for his 1 instead of the 3+4 strength build deals base damage that stuff like a otherwise working heavy blade build gets only at around 2~2.5x combo), having 2-3 free mod slots free that regular melee dont due to combo mods+possibly dropping berserk and almost guaranteed crit all point to them being used as finisher fuel sticks/on a sane build being a minimum 17k multiplied by stealth and turned too true damage only starts having competition at 2x combo by the gram prime if you gut its bayblade/aoe power by not putting on primed reach.

1 hour ago, Andele3025 said:

Just because you do not have the capacity to click e when near a sleeping enemy with his fists active doesnt mean they cant do it, hell e.g. brozime did it multiple times on stream when fiddling around with them.

Cool, on the sleeping enemies when you run up close to them (which when you're attacking from 20m, you aren't often doing).

But then why would I use the fists at all if that's how they deal their damage at higher levels? Might as well just take a dagger with CL if you're going to finisher attack everything, or frankly any other melee weapon in the game, given they'll all kill the enemy in a single hit at Sortie levels. It doesn't have finishers in the form of ground finishers, you require a separate ability to be used.

Why bother dealing with casting Lull, waiting for enemies to fall asleep and then proceeding to individually finisher attack each of them, when I could use a melee weapon that's just good.

1 hour ago, Andele3025 said:

(which even at the max range setup for his 1 instead of the 3+4 strength build deals base damage that stuff like a otherwise working heavy blade build gets only at around 2~2.5x combo)

This is nonsense. A proper heavy blade built for damage will easily surpass Desert Wind at 2 ~ 2.5x combo due to scaling mods. Easily.

Learn some grammar please, (if you're going to personally attack me then right back at you). 

I honestly find it quite amusing how all the people defending Baruuk's complete lack of damage are ones who haven't actually used him yet.

18 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

But then why would I use the fists at all if that's how they deal their damage at higher levels? Might as well just take a dagger with CL if you're going to finisher attack everything, or frankly any other melee weapon in the game, given they'll all kill the enemy in a single hit at Sortie levels. It doesn't have finishers in the form of ground finishers, you require a separate ability to be used.

Why bother dealing with casting Lull, waiting for enemies to fall asleep and then proceeding to individually finisher attack each of them, when I could use a melee weapon that's just good.

1. CC, thats what every homo sapiens has been telling you.
2. Learning mechanics might be useful or would have clued you in on the fact that the part about heavy blade comparison was a single base hit without stance modifiers or attack speed damage aka the damn bloody point about finishers and why even the highest base damage weapon isnt better than his fists for till you get over 45 hits.

1 minute ago, Andele3025 said:

1. CC, thats what every homo sapiens has been telling you.

There are much better forms of CC, like Excaliburs sword funnily enough. 

1 minute ago, Andele3025 said:

2. Learning mechanics might be useful or would have clued you in on the fact that the part about heavy blade comparison was a single base hit without stance modifiers or attack speed damage aka the damn bloody point about finishers and why even the highest base damage weapon isnt better than his fists for till you get over 45 hits.

This is nonsense, again. Grammar, please.

Furthermore, which bit of...

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

Might as well just take a dagger with CL if you're going to finisher attack everything, or frankly any other melee weapon in the game, given they'll all kill the enemy in a single hit at Sortie levels.

... did you miss? So what if Desert Wind has "high base damage", whoopdey do. It's still just as effective as every other weapon when it comes to finishers, and furthermore there are plenty of weapons that can kill viably without finishers in the first place.