The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Trading Break The Game

Fearzffs

Hey guys,

So at the moment a lot of people including myself are struggling to get some mods they need for some reason but they have other resources that can trade for them (forma reactors credits so on) but if we get an auction house from which we can actually get that stuff for credits what will happen. 

A. People will spend some money buy tons of reactors forma - sell em on the auction house and buy everything they need(warframes weapons void keys mods stuff) and then they will be left with nothing to strive for and this will make more harm to the game than good.

B. It will be fine since everyone will find something new to strife for so this rotation of platinum and credits will continue on and on which will give DE much more money in their pocket to actually make a lot of stuff happen.

I think a trading system will be an addition but I am really not sure weather it will be good or bad and in all fairness I think option A is more likely to happen this is why we do not have one in yet. Also there are other options but those are the generic once I find. Feel free to add more options that may happen and please discuss.

You're picturing this trading system entirely the wrong way.

So far the closest we know of to trading is people being able to swap mods 1:1 at the end of missions.

There have been hints at resource trading but the details are unknown.

There are no auctions, no selling things for credits, etc.

So far the closest we know of to trading is people being able to swap mods 1:1 at the end of missions.

this.

Think of it like a trading card game where you go "Ooh I needed that one" "Okay, have it, I have like five already"

But we still don't know for sure about anything.

Edited by AscendantWyvern

I think trading should be implemented via a dojo room, so you'd have to work for it, and you'd only be able to trade within the clan.  Of course, there would have to be some sort of exchange rate for things.  Not sure how that would work, but people shouldn't get something for nothing.  But, it's like, I feel bad for my friend that I always play with because he really wants to get his hands on Despair.  I've gotten two despair bp, and he's gotten squat.  I wish I could give him one in exchange for a catalyst or something.  He's worked hard enough.  But I know, that's just the name of the game.

I think trading anything but Void Keys would break the game's economy, yes.

Kinda needs a economy first in order to break it. If you mean the Market, I doubt DE will undermine themselves.

I could understand a clan vault room where members with rights could deposit and take resources, yes.

Can't wait for the first Eve like heist if this ever becomes a thing.

I've thought about trading being a thing in this game but there's sooooo many things that could go wrong, platinum having anything to do with it would make it pay to win in a sense and using it only for clans would have people joining and leaving clans just to trade. I've thought of it like only being able to swap item for item so people will only trade and accept trades for things they really want or if you've a generous bro he'll let something rare go for like point strike or slash dash. Only having mod for mod trades or reactors for catalysts. Basic thinking is only items in the same category can be traded with each other.

Just my rough thoughts on it probably like a million flaws with what I've said above v0v 

it depends on how the trading will be implemented.

firstly I'd say that there should be NO link to actual money in the trading; aka no auction house.

the things that can be used in trading I'd say would be mods, void keys and blueprints. what you can GIVE during trading can either be other blueprints, mods, void keys OR ingame creds (the last one is optional, I'm happy to keep it just between mods and BP's)

least thats what I would do with it

Edited by Fartbake

Let's think about topics of "Trading feedback" if it will have no limits.

YOU MORONS DON'T SELL NANO SPORES SO CHEAP

Potato is more expensive than badges?

I got scammed :(

Selling redirections, hornet strikes, vitality, cheap, only 20k for mod!

your inputs?

I forgot:

[Pinned] It's not a marketplace, it's a feedback forum.

Edited by Icouldjustkissyou

I'm fully against players trading anything for any kind of currency, be it credits, plats or even real money.

An exchange market, where things can be exchanged and not sold or bought would be best.

It would also be in line with the "collecting cards" part of the mods system.

But first DE need to make sure the uses in ressources are commensurate with the drop rates, or else nano-spores are going to become the pseudo-currency and things will unravel, unless each kind of thing can only be exchanged for the same kind of things, ressources for ressources, mods for mods, aso.

They talked about trading in Livestream 10 (59:17), and at that time they planned it to through a mod consignment shop ("Vor's") to sell mods for platinum, and others can buy them for platinum, anonymously. Then again, they said Vor's Consignment Shop would do one of two things. That, or converting mods which we already got as Transmutation. So they may not be doing it anymore.

The fact that we share mods now kinda ruin this. The mod you pick up at point A is the same mod I'll pick up at point A.

The closest thing to trading they've talked about was putting a mod up on an auction house, sorta speak, completely anonymously for a set amount of plat. 

This is false, unless it's changed very recently. If we both pick up A off the ground you may get multishot while I get reload speed..

The trading I heard of was that you put mods up for sale against platinum so ppl can buy them with platinum. And that is one trade Im waiting for as my friend gonna buy some mods of me then so I get platinum =P

*edit* Just released if they do this there is 1 tiny problem with the free 50 platinum new accounts get.

Edited by Emolition

The trading I heard of was that you put mods up for sale against platinum so ppl can buy them with platinum. And that is one trade Im waiting for as my friend gonna buy some mods of me then so I get platinum =P

You are a bot and your friends are your customers ?