The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why did keys ever get removed?

(XBOX)SteelDrifter468

1 hour ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Where did these people come from?

1. They race through games (i.e., faster = more loot).
  2. They WANT "end-game" rewards NOW ... too sale (Warframe has limited "soulbound" gear, but plenty of parts to sell for plat).
  3. Thus, we have the "leeches" who park themselves near doorways to escape the pathing, and kneal problem.

Sounds like gold sellers wanting their dream game, and defending certain mindsets, huh?

Here's the thing:
I have a full time job, and plenty of other things to do with my time.  I welcome the ease of no longer spending hours upon hours upon hours upon hours and not receiving the prime parts I'm after.  I don't want this game to be a second job, and quite a few of the rarer prime parts in the old system made it no longer fun, and just a job.
I'm not a gold seller.  I rarely interact with the player market and the few times I do its to buy something, not camp and sell rares to people.

I'm glad that the grind for prime parts has decreased because its now far less of a boring task and more of a fun little grind...which is what games should be IMHO.
And I'm not a leach.  I do most things with just one or two friends and have done practically everything in the game that has rewards that I want, which is practically all of it.  I don't mind grind.  In fact I like it to a large part.  The point that I start disliking grind is when it becomes what is essentially a full time job to keep up with, and that's what the old key system boiled down to: Sit here for 40 minutes in one tile, don't get the reward, repeat 30 more times in the exact same tiles with absolutely no change of scenery and you might have it by that point.
That wasn't a fun grind.
The current grind is much more entertaining, not only because its faster but because of the variety of tiles you can partake it in.

30 minute game sessions are fine with people. It's fast, they can play on their lunch break, too.

But a certain segment of the "gamer" population isn't playing at lunch, it's a full time job.

And I welcome that the game is becoming less of a full time job.  I'm glad I can reasonably expect to get the newest PA drops in a few weeks as opposed to months in the old system.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

And I welcome that the game is becoming less of a full time job.  I'm glad I can reasonably expect to get the newest PA drops in a few weeks as opposed to months in the old system.

Google search shows the usual sites that bots and sells WoW gold -- as the "job" of some players -- are also selling platinum for Warframe.

Same exact defense arguments too.

On 2018-12-29 at 10:58 PM, (PS4)negativ21 said:

Less and argument, more u being salty over the grind.

But that wasn't the problem. People are suggesting that the upside of keys compared to relics - where you can get prime parts that you want faster - was that you could do long endless missions for a boatload of parts. But people don't have that time and the relics benefit more casual players who just want the parts they need, so it was a change in priority. 

Fusion cores actually, and yeah I remember those days. I kinda liked the cores better, felt more satisfying when u got 5 gold ones as a reward. 

Not salty about any grind salty about getting a forma from 4 radiated relics 

17 hours ago, Kevyne_Kicklighter said:

Google search shows the usual sites that bots and sells WoW gold -- as the "job" of some players -- are also selling platinum for Warframe.

Same exact defense arguments too.

How does getting things faster and easier lead to more goldselling?
Especially because the price of new frames has dropped considerably since the relic system started?  And even because the price of vaulted primes has dropped quite a bit because you can now farm for them after they are vaulted if you have the relics.

If anything having the grind easier and faster means that things are less vaulable, meaning less goldselling happening because people aren't paying as much.
Not that long ago people were upset that the price of a Mesa Prime set wasn't as high as they expected because its easier to farm her so less people are buying...

Further, whats wrong with expecting prime drops in weeks instead of months?  How does it negatively impact anyone at all?
A game is supposed to be fun, not a chore/job and moving away from the forced C rotations has made it far less of a chore than it was in the past.

• Like 1

Because DE put everything in Rot C, and then some keys had WAY more of the new stuff in certain things like T3 Surv. So some keys were far more valuable than others so you had a double grind. There was also the thing of you could stay 60, 80, even 100 minutes and not get jack for your efforts even though the difficulty was going through the roof thanks to scaling. 

/thunk

Maybe you can actually take part in a conversation instead of being dismissive for no reason?  And maybe you can actually read the entire post instead of one sentence?

How does things being far cheaper than they have been in the past mean more gooldselling going on?  Wouldn't cheaper things be bad for gold sellers because now they can't sell things for nearly as much?
For instance: Mesa Prime Set is 200-300 plat...back in the key days a fresh PA would still be 700-800 plat, if not closer to 1K.
How is that good for goldselling in any way, shape, or form?

In the long run it looks bad for it, prices are lower because more people are able to farm it and less are willing to buy it?
And you have yet to answer my other question of "Why is it bad to get prime parts for a new PA within weeks instead of months?"

Edited by Tsukinoki

2 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Maybe you can actually

Ignore him. As it is the population of players where WF is actually their job (however the scrap that works) wouldn't even be minimal, and not remotely enough to consider relevant. Bottom line the money aspect of this game is only relevant if it's going to DE, in their eyes at least. 

3 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Maybe you can actually take part in a conversation instead of being dismissive for no reason? 

If you're a gamer in MMOs and anywhere there's a commerce part of a game, asking a question like that, is being woefully ignorant or trolling.

It's like asking a player about "stats". A player willfully ignorant of what A or B does is only gimping themselves ... but when they ask as a veteran, that KNOWS what "stats" are ... and how the game economy works ... /thunk is an appropriate response!