Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon hunting for new players

I0I_Anas_I0I

Hello everyone,

i just wanted to bring to peaple attention that the eidolon Hunting Community becomes more and more strict and somewhat toxic toward players that either dont have enough caps (avg that ppl demanding is 100+ caps) or an amp, its been like this for while and i dont know how new players will interact with this and how DE will handle this since players already can see the progress of each other so they can turn down other peaple for not having enough caps and concluding that he sucks and not worth the place.

tell me how you feel about this.

• Like 1

The community has been like this since even Raids were still a thing, that's why a group of vets (or people who don't have anything better to do) formed  a small (initially) group called the raid school bus. this then grew into an entire sub-community of helpful players that help and guide new players trough the mission avoiding the cesspool of elitsits in recruit.

Fast forward till today and raids are gone, the school bus is just a discord group of memories and elitists are at it again with eidolons.

TL;DR     We need an Eidolon School bus.

EDIT: I'd love to help new players trough some eidolons and I do that from time to time, but these days I don't have as much free time as I had say 2 years ago (life hit me hard).

Edited by EDM774
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, (XB1)LostSpark13 said:

Being a relatively new player I have to ask, what are caps?

Sorry for wandering in, I thought it was a guide. Trying to figure out the amps building kits thingy.

Just cause new players keep asking me the same question in recr chat: caps are your Hydrolist captures (profile>stats)

Regarding OP, well, i know that it's maybe not the ideal situation, but personally after 150-200 caps the only thing that i'm asking when i do eidolons is an exp group for maximum efficiency. Which is 3x3 or 4x3 in 40 minutes, 9-12 arcanes. You can always practice with pubs or a friend as i did one year ago, because time, unfortunately, is rather precious in a grind game like this.

I'd say just watching videos of people running eidolons (insta shield popping, and part breaking fast af lure catching) scares me off from doing eidolons in any non-casual/pub group. There doesn't feel like anyone on the middle ground between casual and extreme for eidolons. Which would be how I would prefer to play, rather than making a mistake and being flamed but not too laid back we're not getting stuff done.

Generally, I see both sides for eidolon runs in recruit chat.

While there is definitely the hardcore farm squads who request for the specific amp, specific builds, number of caps, very often, I also see the chill-ish type squads who are just going for 2x3, and they tend to not be too strict on the specific amps and capture.

Edited by Leyers_of_facade
typo

I won't take sides here. I'm was one of the experienced hunters who did 3x3 and 3x4 but I got burned out by the strict and stressful needs for the hunt.

Let me just say this: Eidolon hunts, namely the "3xSomething" are not for new players. Eidolons are a form of endgame content. Of course you must bring a good amp, of course you must have certain frames and builds, and weapons and what not. Avoid lying and saying that there are not tri-caps available for new players, because I know they exist. What this post means is that new players should enter the big leagues without the proper gear and experience. That's not possible.

Want to know why? Because the "big leagues" are very intense and require solid teamplay. Other hunters are doing their roles and I'll trust them to do so, as they don't have to worry about me having my tasks done. If I am a trinity they can't be fetching the 7 lures, that's me and I must travel the map on my Archwing to get them (picture how much I spent on charges when those were a thing). And I must have the 6 lures ready when the Teralyst is captured, no buts, it's my role and the team is not responsible for that. If I am a Chroma I can't be waiting on others to destroy the limbs, that's my role, period. If I'm a Harrow I must provide immunity to the Eidolon scream phases. Don't have energy to cast it? Bring energy pizzas. No excuses. That's the cost of an efficient pro-hunt.

If you want to do a 3x3 or above you must be as good as those seasoned hunters, period. Not because of elitism, but because if you can't do your role right a 3x3 or above won't happen. For that experience gain you have the regular 3x3 and online information and guides.

Even I as one of those players had to climb the ladder slowly. I didn't demand to be taken on 3x3 captures when I knew I'd slow them down. Instead I worked on my builds and practiced a lot. And while I practiced I accumulated captures. Even today I have "only" 95 hydrolists capped. And I went in many "100+ caps" hunts. Yes I lied. But even then I did so because I knew I was as good as them, and would show them it was true. Same for the raids. I wasn't an experienced raider at first but I learned and lied my way into it. In one month I was leading my own raids, but that's because I was good enough for it. 

All of this just to say the following: Don't complain you can't enter pro-hunts as a new player; Work yourself off to shed the "new" out of "new player". Want big rewards, work big loads. It's that simple.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

1 hour ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

I won't take sides here. I'm was one of the experienced hunters who did 3x3 and 3x4 but I got burned out by the strict and stressful needs for the hunt.

All of this just to say the following: Don't complain you can't enter pro-hunts as a new player; Work yourself off to shed the "new" out of "new player". Want big rewards, work big loads. It's that simple.

I don"t think OP is whining about the fact you need to know what you are doing to enter the end game content. The focus seems to be on people's attitudes.

I have only recently started to look into the Quills content so I have not encountered the caps thing yet. But you have to admit that at times the game can't be played without running into some wall and having to research the hell out of whatever before round two. As a whole I love the community of the game. I have met helpful people than don't mind to take the time to explain or show some rope to a newbie. The only toxic, "out of the way noob" toxic attitude I have met iq from grinders/farmers that are jaded in endgame. They are a fringe but yeah, these guys are not really a warm or even polite bunch.
That's where I agree with OP, and you probably do too since you lied on your caps number: they could be more inclusive than their rigid arbitrary limits. Elitism can be ugly.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, (XB1)LostSpark13 said:

I don"t think OP is whining about the fact you need to know what you are doing to enter the end game content. The focus seems to be on people's attitudes.

I have only recently started to look into the Quills content so I have not encountered the caps thing yet. But you have to admit that at times the game can't be played without running into some wall and having to research the hell out of whatever before round two. As a whole I love the community of the game. I have met helpful people than don't mind to take the time to explain or show some rope to a newbie. The only toxic, "out of the way noob" toxic attitude I have met iq from grinders/farmers that are jaded in endgame. They are a fringe but yeah, these guys are not really a warm or even polite bunch.
That's where I agree with OP, and you probably do too since you lied on your caps number: they could be more inclusive than their rigid arbitrary limits. Elitism can be ugly.

Yes, and I agree. As I said I dropped out of it because the requirements were too tiring. I still do it rarely with alliance mates (even yesterday I carried an alliance member trough it, while teaching). But OP still wants in on the elite 3x3 (and more) hunts, which means he'll have to meet those requirements in order to reap the big rewards. After all the effort for a 3x3 or bigger to succeed must come from the whole team. And people tend to have that attitude, which I don't like as well and that's why I openly say I lied, and would do so again if I was up to whatever task I'd be lying about.

All I'm saying is that as long as OP has the skill to show for it, then let him lie. Or if he has the numbers to confirm his skill even better. I don't think there's anything we can do about it, really, since this is to be expected on such a game mode. We still have a great community, but I also understand that since the game is grindy most players don't want to lose their time with bad hunts generated by players who didn't have the skill for it and should practice more, as those pro-hunts are already stressful on their own. It's mostly a matter of seeing both sides.

OP can, after all, take part on 3x1 hunts to practice and still get good rewards. What he can't do is demand to be a part of high-end content without having something to show for it, be it numbers or a show of skill. That'd be a bit hypocritical in my eyes since there's a reason for the high requirements, despite the nasty attitude.

Edited by (PS4)Pauloluisx

I didn't see the first post that way but your angle is fair.
I agree that the high end players have earned their skills and I can understand that grindy game equals high levels of time optimization and time is money mentality. Which can lead to the snotty toxic attitude. My point is that it's jarring to encounter when the rest of the community is so inclusive, especially since it's like talking to robots that won't give someone a chance even if you are close if a bit under their requirements.

• Like 1

On 2018-12-29 at 11:27 PM, Loli_in_a_Box said:

There doesn't feel like anyone on the middle ground between casual and extreme for eidolons. Which would be how I would prefer to play, rather than making a mistake and being flamed but not too laid back we're not getting stuff done.

Try “lf casual tridelon caps” will get you people doing 2 or possibly 3 caps or take the bounty and bring a decent support frame, like trin, oberon or harrow for a pub run. If you are not adverse, host and recruit. It's the best way to determine the style of caps (1-3). Mid range experience people don’t often host and recruit, but they do lurk in recruit channel. 

1- Talk to Konzu to get the quest, go in to increase caps. You gonna get a party if done as soon as the night and the quest start, don't complain about other skills and frames. Since you are not good at it too.

2- Get virtuous Shadow and practice how to proc it with void dash and get somehow consistent at it so you be half ready for multiple caps per night.

3- Refine your build according to your necessite and how you feel it is necessary as your caps per nighjt increase, as like putting Natural talent to increase cast time speed and have more room to proc virtuous shadow.

Edited by MPonder

A minimum number of completion/captures is the most obnoxious prerequisite to demand. Amps are understandable; one wishes to kill the triolyst trio, and within due time, and "skill" can only go so far before the stats are needed to even accomplish such a thing. Then there's discouraging individuals from doing the mode by asking them to have done the mode many times while simultaneously barring them till they do so. It is a Catch-22. 

This isn't saying that a certain amount of experience isn't "needed", nor that people aren't free to put whatever ridiculous requirements for their own parties. I am saying that it is quite stupid to go about it in such a manner.

1 hour ago, PeripheralVisionary said:

A minimum number of completion/captures is the most obnoxious prerequisite to demand. Amps are understandable; one wishes to kill the triolyst trio, and within due time, and "skill" can only go so far before the stats are needed to even accomplish such a thing. Then there's discouraging individuals from doing the mode by asking them to have done the mode many times while simultaneously barring them till they do so. It is a Catch-22. 

This isn't saying that a certain amount of experience isn't "needed", nor that people aren't free to put whatever ridiculous requirements for their own parties. I am saying that it is quite stupid to go about it in such a manner.

You don't know if the guy has the right nodes and focus, nor good amps. Number of runs is the only info you can use for that. The number of runs people require is pretty OK. 50 for 3x3/4x3, 150+ for 5x3.

It shows that you have focus enough, exp enough, and probably a good amp, because if you really were interested in increasing the number of runs, you would build the most efficient amp.

4 hours ago, MPonder said:

You don't know if the guy has the right nodes and focus, nor good amps. Number of runs is the only info you can use for that. The number of runs people require is pretty OK. 50 for 3x3/4x3, 150+ for 5x3.

It shows that you have focus enough, exp enough, and probably a good amp, because if you really were interested in increasing the number of runs, you would build the most efficient amp.

As long as the number is within reason, I agree. 50 is what I would say works too. 

I just shudder at remembering another game, a raid based game where the majority of individuals demanded that players have successfully completed the raid, before letting them in their parties. Videos and walkthroughs can only substitute so much for the actual learning by doing approach. It's just self-defeating if it is a preposterously high number. 

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎29 at 8:16 PM, I0I_Anas_I0I said:

Hello everyone,

i just wanted to bring to peaple attention that the eidolon Hunting Community becomes more and more strict and somewhat toxic toward players that either dont have enough caps (avg that ppl demanding is 100+ caps) or an amp, its been like this for while and i dont know how new players will interact with this and how DE will handle this since players already can see the progress of each other so they can turn down other peaple for not having enough caps and concluding that he sucks and not worth the place.

tell me how you feel about this.

I just think that you're lazy. I can understand that getting weapon that can take down Eidolon limbs is hard because you have to either pay real money for plat and buy the gun + mods + riven or you have to grind a lot for gun and mods and rivens. But what I do not understand are people that can't make ANY other amp other than Mote. Some seem to be just literally retarded because I have had game where MR22 player had Mote amp and lvl 19 random gun in Teralist bounty.

From my own experience - I spent months in Teralist hunts with schwaak prism amp cleaning out vombalists and taking down shields. I had a weapon that could do 2 points of damage to Teralist limbs and during all those months I have never heard anyone complaining about me because I at least had amp that can clean out adds and do actual damage to shield. Just spend more time in Cetus bounties to get normal amp and actually contribute at least a little in the Teralist fight and nobody will be toxic.

On 2019-01-04 at 4:33 AM, (PS4)Black_Adder_ said:

I just think that you're lazy. I can understand that getting weapon that can take down Eidolon limbs is hard because you have to either pay real money for plat and buy the gun + mods + riven or you have to grind a lot for gun and mods and rivens. But what I do not understand are people that can't make ANY other amp other than Mote. Some seem to be just literally retarded because I have had game where MR22 player had Mote amp and lvl 19 random gun in Teralist bounty.

From my own experience - I spent months in Teralist hunts with schwaak prism amp cleaning out vombalists and taking down shields. I had a weapon that could do 2 points of damage to Teralist limbs and during all those months I have never heard anyone complaining about me because I at least had amp that can clean out adds and do actual damage to shield. Just spend more time in Cetus bounties to get normal amp and actually contribute at least a little in the Teralist fight and nobody will be toxic.

I feel it's a bit of laziness as well. I have only about 5 kills and a few caps but instead of complaining I can't hang with the big boys I've ground a 212 and have been learning the fight solo and duo with my son. 

Why would I want to jump in with the big boys when you're... not a big boy yet? 

When I started doing Eidolons, I had roughtly 40-60 Teralyst captures before I even gone into public Tridolon. I wanted to make sure I read a guide, had a good/decent amp, good frame/weapon build, and enough focus unlocked to have maxed Void Strike. Never did I experience toxicity from other players, simply because I knew what I was doing by the time I joined Tridolons. 

The reason people ask for 50+ caps, for example, is because that is the only way to know if you aren't going to be a dead weight. Chances are if you like doing Tridolon, and you capture them 50+ times, you will have at least some waybounds, some arcanes, and an amp - same way people don't go into Arbitrations with Mk-1 Kunai, they bring their best weapons.

If you are looking for a group on a recruitment chat, and they say they are looking for people to do 3x3, it means they want to make sure they cap 3 times that night. If you don't know what you're doing, if you keep dying, if you're a Chroma that can't aim even if his life depended on it or a Volt that puts the shields too far, or Trinity that doesn't know where the lure locations are, the chances of finishing 3x3 go down, which means a wasted time for the other 3 players.

Not everyone has enough time after work/school to wait for 2-3 night cycles on Cetus. You got your Sortie to do, clear up the important alerts like Catalysts/Kavat codes, do 2-3 runs on Profit Taker to max out Fortuna/Vox standing, farm Kuva to reroll that unlucky riven, and do other things as well. If you can do only one cycle, and you get into my team and don't know what you're doing, I'll be pissed off because I won't have a chance to run another Tridolon till next day.

If you want to do Tridolon in a more relaxed company, go and do public bounties. It will be your turn to get pissed off because theres MR9 Banshee and MR7 Umbra in your squad, but if you are good you can still pull off 2-3 caps per night, even without Trinity in your squad. 

If you're not sure that you can actually help and keep up with the team, then don't waste other people's time. Do public bounties till you get to that 50+ caps.

Edited by Bristoling

1 hour ago, Bristoling said:

If you want to do Tridolon in a more relaxed company, go and do public bounties. It will be your turn to get pissed off because theres MR9 Banshee and MR7 Umbra in your squad, but if you are good you can still pull off 2-3 caps per night, even without Trinity in your squad. 

The simplest way is still recruiting but host and advertise casual caps and with relaxed “requirements”. Pubs are hit or miss. With recruiting  occasionally a very xp player will join and give out tips etc along the way because they just want to chill.