Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I get platinum in warframe without spending money?

Tenno707720

Question

14 answers to this question

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎29 at 2:09 PM, KirukaChan said:

At the point you're at, the easiest way to make Platinum is probably going to be selling Prime parts. 20 plat isn't hard to make, even if you're just selling junk parts worth a couple plat each. Crack open some relics and then visit the Trading channel.

the thing is, no one will buy junk parts and a braton prime set(the only set I have) is only worth 10 plat

1 hour ago, Tenno707720 said:

the thing is, no one will buy junk parts and a braton prime set(the only set I have) is only worth 10 plat

That's why this guy is suggesting you to farm random Primes. Crack some relics and you'll eventually get something worth 10+ plats, and anyway every two weeks (Baro's visit), Prime junks are back to the front stage.

Even a 10-plat set is still half the platinum you need for a Warframe slot.

There are plenty of ways to get ez plat in WF without paying mon ami 😄

1. Auger Secret and Gladiator Vice - go to cetus, for this you need to time it properly. Check konzu's bounties for tier 3 and 4. If Auger Secrets and Gladiator Vice is offered, do the bounty with a public group. Max those mods and they sell like candies for 60-90 p each

2. Vault Runs -go to recruit chat and look for "H>vault run". But before you do that you need to buy bp's of keys from market. They are cheap. Go get Extinguished key if you're a beginner. Craft that then join others. Some are even nice and carry all the keys and your only job is to kill the capture target. This is a risky way to get plats tho cos not all mods are good even if they are gold. Look for Transient Fortitude, Fleeting Expertise, Narrow Minded and Blind Rage.

3. Relics- and no im not talking abt getting prime parts, im talking abt the relics themselves. Most of the times there are players buying " Axi Relics" so just get yourself alot of each relic and you can sell em without even openning them. You need to be vigiliant in trade chat though.

hope it helps mon ami.

Wait hang on....

To everyone suggesting to sell prime parts... is that something thats actually practical ?

At the point of the game where you can get frost theres nothing any new players can sell that other players who want to trade platinum can just as easily get for themselves. It wasn't until me and my friends got to Sedna where we had a reliable Farming Methods and locations to get rare relics that actually have parts some people would rather buy than Grind for them and for me specifically, I never sold any of my duplicates... I gave them away regardless of the fact that I had frames and weaopons in my foundry that I couldn't claim. And just getting to that point requires you to already have a Frame like Frost or Gara to make protecting High Level Excavators or Defense/Interception targets alot more Consistent. 

So.... I don't mean to crap on anybody offering suggestions but this the reality of Warframe's early game... its more or less difficult to get into The Trading before unlocking most of the nodes in The Star Chart. And there are enough Difficult spikes to make that problematic like Hyena's, The Raptors and those god awful and blatantly unfair Corpus Spy Missions. 😞

Now I was lucky... my experienced wasn't too bad because I received about 4 or 5 Warframe Slots as gifts from other players... two of them were friends I met in the game and the other two were from Complete Strangers... but even on Tennobaum not everyone is going to be even half as lucky as that.

3 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

...requires you to already have a Frame like Frost or Gara to make protecting High Level Excavators or Defense/Interception targets alot more Consistent. 

Not really. 

Just join a PuG doing a rift defense or intercept (excavs can be a bit more tricky with all the movement) and you'll about guarantee there'll be relatively high level players there perfectly capable of defending what needs to be defended. Just contribute as you can and you'll get primed parts of some sort. 

There are always Lith and Meso relics (and what comes from them) in demand and the usual farming spots of Everest, Io, and Helene are not difficult to deal with for newer players. Any endless mode on the inner planets will actually do, though those see the most consistent action.  

You've got to start somewhere and if you're intent on going the totally free route, this is it. It's a harder way to go, but there it is. 

2 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

Not really. 

Just join a PuG doing a rift defense or intercept (excavs can be a bit more tricky with all the movement) and you'll about guarantee there'll be relatively high level players there perfectly capable of defending what needs to be defended. Just contribute as you can and you'll get primed parts of some sort. 

Im not a big fan of being carried by higher level players because it's not too different from leeching... so much so that going this route can get you accused of leeching by those same players. Its just not a very good experience. 

Just now, Lutesque said:

Im not a big fan of being carried by higher level players because it's not too different from leeching... so much so that going this route can get you accused of leeching by those same players. Its just not a very good experience. 

They're going to be there regardless. You need stuff from these nodes. Interaction with them is inevitable, so you may as well take advantage of it.

I spend a lot of time in these spots farming for these relics and unlocking same during PAs. I rarely notice who's with me or what they're exactly up to--if they're doing what needs done, more or less, it never draws my attention. 

Lastly, learn from them. Watch what they do and what they're using. Ask questions if you don't understand something. Time permitting, most will be pleased to explain. You'll be in that position before too long and new ideas about how to play and construct warframes and weapons are to be sought out. 

• Like 1

don't think of relic missions as getting carried, no one will report you for leeching, other than endless variants, relic missions are rush to the finish line pretty much. Everyone runs through as fast as possible and the fastest guy kills everything in sight, no one cares about damage done, key is going fast since most people probably have a ton more grinding to do either for traces or for opening relics

syndicate relic packs help a lot, farm traces while gathering standing with reglia once your daily cap is done do the syndicate missions for overcap, buy the relic packs and refine them for better odds, then look for pre-made groups for radiants. Syndicate packs have a better chance to give better or "in fashion" relics.

Of course it is way easier to write this down, the process can be tedious but to be fair you do everything else in WF almost the same way

Thats True :) 

10 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

Lastly, learn from them. Watch what they do and what they're using. Ask questions if you don't understand something. Time permitting, most will be pleased to explain. You'll be in that position before too long and new ideas about how to play and construct warframes and weapons are to be sought out. 

This is something I do alot in Warframe... not necessarily asking how something works but rather just communicating with the other squad members. Especially on Hydron (Sedna). I say hello and ask what everyone is up to then tell them what I'm up to... and that makes the grind do smoother... and occasionally I will learn something. 

LoL... I actually got Fleeting Expertise from someone I met casually on Hydron. Defense missions are cool because they are a slower pace and attract players aren't in too much of a hurry. :)