The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

​🚩Endgame little rewarding and stimulating.​🚩

(XBOX)SandioKan93

Hi Digital Extremes.

Me and other warframe veteran players have serious problems with end game modes, which over time become unrewarding and especially boring. Here I write you some ideas that could be interesting for you and especially for the players, who once finished all have the incentive to continue playing.

1-Paragon levels Diablo style: A system to reward players just for playin, all the affinity u get goes towards these, each level gives you a point u can spend and add to your armor health shields or energy.This gives the veterans a reason to grind since most of us just log in and do nothing. Also a new progression system more meaningful than mastery rank.

2- Sortie/fissures: add a key to start sorties much like trials every players has to use one and in the end you can choose between the four players' drops like in fissures this kinda solves the problem with rewards which are kinda abysmal.

3- a new game mode just a horde mode with enemies starting from like level 100+ each wave you go through has 1 reward and every 10 u get something really worth your time like a riven

(we'd need the removal of the cap for this though) also your record waves shown on the main page of your profile would be cool instead of knowing if you're marked by stalker or the g3

4 better rewards in every activity: I don't really understand why after 3 hrs of survival I should get a basic neo relic.

5- kuva just more kuva all around since u don't want to add stat locking when rerolling at least let us get more kuva because the rates right now aren't that good... Bump up kuva survival or add it as a drop from all enemies in the fortress add like 10k to arbitrations every ten minutes.

6 arbitrations add a new arbitration mode which could be like true end game: no drones with cheap mechanics, no 300% strength dmg buffs just high level enemies and scaling good rewards every 5 minutes.

I hope you take these tips as a starting point to improve the hardcore aspects of this fantastic game.

Thank you and have a nice day ❤️

Nerf Napalm (XB1)

Edited by (XB1)Nerf Napalm
  • Like 5

They all seem relatively fair and could see myself enjoying something like this. The paragon system point values would have to be pretty low, but say 20hp/armor/shield per point taken isn't bad. A potential cap of 200 bonus. the survival thing just wouldn't work. Endurance survivals are about 5% of the games player base so unfortunately you can just toss that one out. Meta 20m will probably never die. Fairly well thought out tho, you get my upvote :satisfied:

1. This needs a soft cap, otherwise we would end up with some mad stats really quick and in that case it would just be another way to powercreep, but this would always make the grind worth it.

I also like your other ideas.

Records would also need to include what gear you used and the date to avoid redundancy because said content is cheesable with some loadout.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (XB1)SavvyDeath said:

If players get that amount of rewards plus the time some people grind, they will cheese through any new content DE adds.

We do that anyways.. ppl act like there's not already an astonishing level of power creep in the game and almost everything added in the last year has been aimed towards the lvl 10-35 evemy level and Arbitrations' are garbage all around and brought so much toxicity out the community. So why not do something to challenge the cheese. You're not getting anymore powerful you're just getting better rewards for more challenging gameplay.

since i wrote most of these i ll go a bit in depth in some concepts but first please explain how we suggested to make people get rewards even faster? i suggested to add two gamemodes which would be considerably more difficult than anything we have right now and i think you should be fairly rewarded for that. Also people already cheese through the content in a matter of days if not hours if it doesnt require any rep farming.

The paragon system would be something as low as 1 per level so it would require a bit of time to get op but yeah a soft cap should be implemented somewhere down the road just not something like the first focus cap they had

10 minutes ago, _DapperDanMan_ said:

the survival thing just wouldn't work. Endurance survivals are about 5% of the games player base so unfortunately you can just toss that one out. Meta 20m will probably never die

true dat but i think the numbers are that low because theres no reason to go further other than challenging yourself back in the old void days 1hr 2hrs runs were pretty common i think

Edited by (XB1)od1O

Imo they need to add more unique rewards, lets just say you get something more rare than a legendary core.
More unique skins and more rare skins and maybe something more like a chance to get a unigue quest which only unlocks if you have achieved a few real challenging things in game.

But yes its little rewarding atm and once you stop to focus on only mastering weapons you realize there is no real endgame besides it, kind of sad for such a quality game imo. I have tried to add some feedback myself aswell but it is hard, everyones idea of a good game seems to be divided aswell unfortunately...

Edited by (PS4)Deadwood_Lane

7 minutes ago, (XB1)od1O said:

true dat but i think the numbers are that low because theres no reason to go further other than challenging yourself back in the old void days 1hr 2hrs runs were pretty common i think

In my experience most that join Wf are within the 16-26 age gap.  So between school, work, home and family life a lot of ppl just don't have the time and would start a whine fest about how the new content is gated behind "time walls" and they don't have that time to spend. Even if it wasn't "new content" and just more diverse rewards. That's why most of the game is tailored towards "the new player experience"

Edited by _DapperDanMan_

i think they already talked about the possibilty of adding skins and armors exclusively for arbitrations or maybe i just dreamt about it anyway that would be a cool addition.

1 minute ago, _DapperDanMan_ said:

In my experience most that join Wf are within the 16-26 age gap.  So between school, work, home and family life a lot of ppl just don't have the time and would start a whine fest about how the new content is gated behind "time walls" and they don't have that time to spent. That's why most of the game is tailored towards "the new player experience"

while you're probably right not every content can be geared towards everyone and i think it really depends on how u make this whole system work but 1 or 2 hrs a day for a survival run isnt that much for example, i dont really know many people that play 15 20 min and then just leave 

• Like 1

...Y'all just want to be rewarded, I just want more fun stuff in the game. The most recent game modes added (Salvage, Defection, Sanctuary, Arbies) have been seriously unfun. I'll take a 5 second long extremely fun game mode over a 5 hour long dead boring endless mission any day of the week.

1 minute ago, (XB1)od1O said:

1 or 2 hrs a day for a survival run isnt that much for example, i dont really know many people that play 15 20 min and then just leave 

Shiit, you're making me wanna jump to the console side 😄. PC is going through a pretty stagnant 20-40m meta and pushing past 20 seems to get rarer and rarer. Even in Kuva runs. it's obnoxious.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

...Y'all just want to be rewarded, I just want more fun stuff in the game. The most recent game modes added (Salvage, Defection, Sanctuary, Arbies) have been seriously unfun. I'll take a 5 second long extremely fun game mode over a 5 hour long dead boring endless mission any day of the week.

yea I agree with this, and I want new maps released as often as they release weapons. And they should make more unique stuff, more weapons and warframes that comes as parts like kitguns. 🙂

Edited by (PS4)Deadwood_Lane

3 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Well, fun is relative to your progression/goals. I wouldn't care to go back to 1 hour minimum survivals if It meant I could start getting rivens @ 60minutes or batches of 2k kuva instead of 2k credits.

6 minutes ago, _DapperDanMan_ said:

Shiit, you're making me wanna jump to the console side 😄. PC is going through a pretty stagnant 20-40m meta and pushing past 20 seems to get rarer and rarer. Even in Kuva runs. it's obnoxious.

How many times steam rolling bland enemies for more than 20min before it goes stale? 

I do think we need a actual endgame with real difficulty at above lvl 100 and definitely lvl spikes of adding and extra 100 lvl every 20 or so min on top of how much they scaled as time passed. Also agree I'm tired of random stuff for so called endgame random power boosters shouldn't be needed, random modes, random maps, and even time to play is wacky I'd rather see creative random challenges that makes it harder not niche stuff that just seems annoying or really unneeded. Rewards is very controversial tho bcuz if it's rewards to get stronger then that isn't endgame at all, that's another grinder checkpoint that'll slowly make it more ez which defeat the point of a challenge (which is fine but it just won't be endgame is wat I'm saying). Endgame means there is no longer a point of progression but skill alone that the player can simply find enjoyment of replaying after gathering everything in game as well as taking the time to learn the mechanics so tbh rewards either gonna need to scale meh or be cosmetics. At the same time tho that mean they gonna really need to make the endgame itself on real solid ground and creative at the same time and I might sound negative but after being in Warframe for so long idk if they could do it but I am hoping. 

Edited by SutomuDrgn

7 minutes ago, _DapperDanMan_ said:

Well, fun is relative to your progression/goals. I wouldn't care to go back to 1 hour minimum survivals if It meant I could start getting rivens @ 60minutes or batches of 2k kuva instead of 2k credits.

I wouldn't do long survivals even if they rained Mirage Primes and Legendary Cores on me,  cause that would still mean I'd have to endure 60 minutes of dead boring and unfun gameplay, and I'd frankly rather spend my time having some fun, rewards be damned.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

How many times steam rolling bland enemies for more than 20min before it goes stale? 

funnily enough, it's usually the ppl I get partied with that are getting steamrolled till 20m. either that or they immediatly start trying to nuke the room for damage. Then they wanna leave. Whether it's MOT Sedna or Pluto. Usually because instead of teaming up they just run from room to room chasing kills and intern getting themselves killed.

Endurance play and casual play are 2 different monsters.

Casual play: nuke till it doesn't work anymore or can't kill them in 2 shots. Boring

Endurance takes team comp, placement, debuffs, communication, elementals and you're understanding of them as well as some good old fashioned restraint.

9 minutes ago, SutomuDrgn said:

if it's rewards to get stronger then that isn't endgame at all, that's another grinder checkpoint that'll slowly make it more ez which defeat the point of a challenge

Maybe it should add to things like the daily standing cap, void trace cap, etc. instead of frame stats, or the frame stat changes should be very limited.

I couldn't stand my Banshee becoming a tank either tbh..

26 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

The most recent game modes added (Salvage, Defection, Sanctuary, Arbies) have been seriously unfun. I'll take a 5 second long extremely fun game mode over a 5 hour long dead boring endless mission any day of the week.

i agree but its not necessarily about adding a new gamemode the ones we have could be fine with a few tweaks, but yeah right now they are kinda bad esp defection imo

the gamemodes i suggested especially the plain horde mode would just be extremely high endgame level enemies without the hassle of defending or getting air support, maybe add keys or relics that u get say every 10 waves to start the next horde at lvl 10 20 30

9 minutes ago, SutomuDrgn said:

Rewards is very controversial tho bcuz if it's rewards to get stronger then that isn't endgame at all, that's another grinder checkpoint that'll slowly make it more ez which defeat the point of a challenge (which is fine but it just won't be endgame is wat I'm saying).

i agree but more kuva or rivens wouldnt really break the system imo or adding armor and syandanas or skins would be perfect as long as its something that doesnt run out in a week or two, i think its simply about finding a balance between grinding/time spent/difficulty and rewards... right now there is none

• Like 1

Currently the problem with challenging content is that we're too powerful to make any.  Permanent invis,  invulnerability,  scaling damage sources,  90% damage reductions etc have all ruined any chance of challenge.  And before these were prevalent we still had cc.  Anyone who played law of retribution will remember the combinations...  Blinds + ev trin + vauban and enemies could literally do nothing endlessly.  

If you want better endgame we need damage and our powers to be given limits so the whole challenge is to do hard things to push the limits as far as you can.  Some games do that with damage caps,  some do it with cooldowns,  some do it with lowered effectiveness on specials..  Theres many ways to do it.  But really the only option to challenge us is nerf us.  As we are we're literally godmode and even having one life wont stop us breaking the game and being bored after an hour or more one shotting things that literally cant even see us