The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Pablo says he would rework Vauban the next time he eats tacos!

(XBOX)SweatyPick3L

Going to copy here what I learned In Pablo's stream.

( Pablo has no idea if Railjack or Vauban rework will come first. Kinda guessing there not even working on him at all. Probably working on one of the 5 or 6 frames they have planned for 2019 )

5 minutes ago, -Sentient- said:

Well the saryn one may be power creep, but Nezha one was very decent

I agree on Nezha. And though Saryn's was indeed powerful it's not like other frames just fell off the map with her rework. Same cant be said for other frames though. Very sad it was just a bad joke on Pablo's end after I went and tweeted/messaged Rahetalius. 

23 minutes ago, -Sentient- said:

Well the saryn one may be power creep, but Nezha one was very decent

Which is what I said, if his record is just one good rework though I'm sure there are other staff who can compare. We've had other good reworks, Excalibur's rework was probably an all time high imo, so there are other safe bets even though they don't sign their name on their reworks. 

Correct me if I'm wrong...but isn't Pablo mainly a UI guy...?

Honestly this should be Steve or Scott's job to fix - or at least someone with a good sense of game design and balance.

57 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

Excalibur's rework was probably an all time high imo

That's debatable, given that most Excal players typically spam EB and use little else in his kit. Don't get me wrong, RB is still a great ability and SD is more useful, but all I see and hear is the swoosh swoosh of EB spam...

So I'd say EB is a bit TOO good.

1 hour ago, zen625 said:

Very sad it was just a bad joke on Pablo's end after I went and tweeted/messaged Rahetalius. 

God's teeth...that's not even remotely funny.

You heard it hear folks....we were trolled by a dev over a much needed buff for an under-used and under-performing Frame...

Edited by MirageKnight

7 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Good's teeth...that's not even remotely funny.

You heard it hear folks....we were trolled by a dev over a much needed buff for an under-used and under-performing Frame...

As I said in another forum peoples sense of humor varies and he genuinely thought it was a good troll. I disagree with this idea and even though Ive tried to play devils advocate I cant really see how its funny either. Do you think anyone will say anything about it though ("cough" Rahetalius "cough")? Im hoping they DO, but im not sure. 

Edited by zen625

Just now, MirageKnight said:

That's debatable, given that most Excal players typically spam EB and use little else in his kit. Don't get me wrong, RB is still a great ability and SD is more useful, but all I see and hear is the swoosh swoosh of EB spam...

So I'd say EB is a bit TOO good.

That's less of a power thing and more of just an inexperience/ease of use thing. Like Rhinos who mostly only ever pop iron skin, though the rest of his kit is fairly powerful as well. His ult is far from op though, it lacks the aoe/range for that. He's also a sort of designed to be in Exalted at all times, all his abilities flow with it if not function better, and its instant guard is really the only added defense he has when not constantly casting other skills. You pop EB as the main playstyle then use the rest of the kit as necessary to compliment it. 

1 minute ago, NekroArts said:

Since 2013? I agree Vauban needs rework, but since 2013? He remained relevant for 2-3 years before his use started to decline to very specific situations and now ending up here.

I meant he was created in 2013 and died in 2019 due to no rework confirmed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -Sentient- said:

But non pablo reworks aren't that good 😞

That's probably not fair to say at this point. If Pablo set the bar for reworks, it's very possible he inspired the rest of DE to step their game up. Now all of DE knows(should) what players want with reworks. Pablo might've created decent competition at DE. 

Just now, BL4CKN0ISE said:

That's probably not fair to say at this point. If Pablo set the bar for reworks, it's very possible he inspired the rest of DE to step their game up

^^^ This. I even made near enough the same statement in his last stream and people agreed. He denied it, but I believe the chat said otherwise if I recall correctly. 

11 hours ago, zen625 said:

Im sure he thought it was a good joke but for people who invested in Vauban it kinda stings a bit....

Indeed. Especially the people that probably spent months waiting for all his parts to show up on alerts. Then there's those of us that grinded for Relics and resources to get his Primed variant.

If you ask me, that was a bit of a "d" move on Pablo's part and very unprofessional. Frankly he deserves to get some harsh criticism for that.

1 hour ago, Cubewano said:

What frames has he reworked, I've honestly forgot? I know of Nezha and Saryn's rework, one of which was decent and the other created maybe one of the most busted frame in the game, which isn't the strongest pattern, are there others? 

He was behind nidus. I think? Which is one my favorites. Also on saryn rework. Even if she's strong, unlike other meta frames spreading spores and cultivating a plague in eso is more enjoyable then a main equinox build.

1 minute ago, MirageKnight said:

Especially the people that probably spent months waiting for all his parts to show up on alerts.

I'm more bothered by how this looks to people making rework threads.

If "I'll rework Wukong next time I eat Taco's, which will be next year" popped up, I'd take a solid look at all the hours I've spent discussing, advocating and creating Wukong topics with the intent to get change.

All that effort, all that genuine care, only for something as irrelevant as a sodding Taco to determine whether your feedback was a waste of time or not. That's... that's screen punching time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

There are a lot of people on de staff im sure someone at some point will glance over every frame.

The important question is WHEN is Vauban getting his much needed rework? It doesn't have to be Pablo - in fact I'd rather it wasn't him. Just get someone good on it.

4 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

He was behind nidus. I think? Which is one my favorites. Also on saryn rework. Even if she's strong, unlike other meta frames spreading spores and cultivating a plague in eso is more enjoyable then a main equinox build.

Only asked about reworks. And over powered is over powered frankly, and saryn pushes it to the extreme. 

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

If "I'll rework Wukong next time I eat Taco's, which will be next year" popped up, I'd take a solid look at all the hours I've spent discussing, advocating and creating Wukong topics with the intent to get change.

All that effort, all that genuine care, only for something as irrelevant as a sodding Taco to determine whether your feedback was a waste of time or not. That's... that's screen punching time.

Yup, that's one of the reasons me and other people stopped making Vauban rework threads

(ofc also because of the Matrix boi arguing and posting against everyone that made a vooben thread)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Likewise mate. It's like the people that care aren't being shown any respect.

Hey DE? We pay your bills...remember?

7 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Agreed. I'm pretty ticked off as well.

That was arguably a slap in the face to Vauban fans.

Edited by MirageKnight

2 minutes ago, -Sentient- said:

Yup, that's one of the reasons me and other people stopped making Vauban rework threads

^^^This. The amount of Ideas the community has put out to only get "trolled" about tacos.....yikes. 

Edited by zen625

2 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Hey DE? We pay your bills...remember?

You're just asking for the "but it's freeeeeeeeeeeeeee" excuse. :wink:

Hearing that Pablo reworks frames "when he feels like it" also sounds... just sketch. I can understand wanting to enjoy work and doing what you enjoy, but at the same time... the game as a whole has to come first at some point. The game is your job, and your job is your livelihood. It's not something you can just neglect because you wanted to work on Saryn a bit more.

The man has obvious talent, and the fact that it's not being used for anything more than what he wants to do... leaves a sour taste in my mouth. As you said, we pay the bills, what about what we want them to do?

Damn, I sound so entitled with that comment, but I'm owning it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

You're just asking for the "but it's freeeeeeeeeeeeeee" excuse. :wink:

Hearing that Pablo reworks frames "when he feels like it" also sounds... just sketch. I can understand wanting to enjoy work and doing what you enjoy, but at the same time... the game as a whole has to come first at some point. The game is your job, and your job is your livelihood. It's not something you can just neglect because you wanted to work on Saryn a bit more.

The man has obvious talent, and the fact that it's not being used for anything more than what he wants to do... leaves a sour taste in my mouth. As you said, we pay the bills, what about what we want them to do?

Damn, I sound so entitled with that comment, but I'm owning it.

Lets riot in the forums monkey boi, lets do it.