Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PvP idea (no battle royal)

Genesix6

11 minutes ago, Genesix6 said:

Actually it was more than just that, Conclaive and lunaro was just badly done, there is the connection issue, the constant bullet jumping, not much of balanced

How many times have you heard "no" about this topic?  Balance has very little, if anything, to do with why PvP will never be accepted in Warframe.

This game is and always will be a PvE horde shooter.  I feel for you, really.  But the majority response will always be the same.

Edited by (XB1)Thy Divinity

1 hour ago, Genesix6 said:

I mean yeah Conclaive and lunaro failed but that's because DE never really to bother to fix the problem. 

Why would they start bothering now after 6 years, when only a handful of people really want to play pvp and they don't have enough manpower to develop their pve mainline fast enough?

16 minutes ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Why would they start bothering now after 6 years, when only a handful of people really want to play pvp and they don't have enough manpower to develop their pve mainline fast enough?

Did I said DE have to fix lunaro or conclaive, I only said Conclaive and lunaro failed because they never really fix the problem with it.

Well considering the fact DE focused on making content when the recent update (which is fortuna) is just PoE 2.0

On 2019-01-14 at 11:57 AM, Genesix6 said:

Did I said DE have to fix lunaro or conclaive, I only said Conclaive and lunaro failed because they never really fix the problem with it.

Well considering the fact DE focused on making content when the recent update (which is fortuna) is just PoE 2.0

Seems like you're trying to copy something from a game that you like, but has very different mechanics to Warframe. 

That's not a great idea. 

Add to that the fact that a lot of people here seem to be very resistant to the whole PvP. That's not something that you can change. As an example a buddy of mine invited me to spectate him playing For Honor. I checked it out, but it's not my cup of tea. When he asked if I'd like to play (PS4 can pass the controller over to a friend who plays remotely) I said "no thanks" and hopped back over to Warframe. 

You say that DE needs to "fix" the existing PvP, but there's no real fix for "the majority of the player base is totally uninterested in this game mode". 

38 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Seems like you're trying to copy something from a game that you like, but has very different mechanics to Warframe. 

That's not a great idea. 

Add to that the fact that a lot of people here seem to be very resistant to the whole PvP. That's not something that you can change. As an example a buddy of mine invited me to spectate him playing For Honor. I checked it out, but it's not my cup of tea. When he asked if I'd like to play (PS4 can pass the controller over to a friend who plays remotely) I said "no thanks" and hopped back over to Warframe. 

You say that DE needs to "fix" the existing PvP, but there's no real fix for "the majority of the player base is totally uninterested in this game mode". 

Well yeah, have you seen melee 3.0, is been corfirmed there is combo keypad for weapons , with melee 3.0 + parkour because it can really work, you have backflip for dodging melee slam, blocking attack air combo, counter. Keep in mind this mode is only melee, So abilities can't be use at all.

Where is the comment that I said that DE needs to fix the existing PvP. I said that PvP such as lunaro and Conclaive was badly done by DE, and they never fix the problem with it. I wonder why people not interested in PvP, is it because unbalanced, is it because its cluncky, Is it because the player just keep jumping around.

Anyway I already mentioned of how the gameplay would work. The only thing I would see the problem is the P2P server and the netcode problem

3 minutes ago, Genesix6 said:

Well yeah, have you seen melee 3.0, is been corfirmed there is combo keypad for weapons , with melee 3.0 + parkour because it can really work, you have backflip for dodging melee slam, blocking attack air combo, counter. Keep in mind this mode is only melee, So abilities can't be use at all.

None of that has anything to do with PvP. Nor does it address the fact that the mechanics in our game is completely different to what you are trying to copy and paste from. You might have an easier time going to whoever makes For Honor and asking them to add extreme parkour, and crazy space ninja weapons. 

At least there you won't have the resistance to PvP, and maybe they can explain why it won't work in a way that you will understand better. 

10 minutes ago, Genesix6 said:

Where is the comment that I said that DE needs to fix the existing PvP. 

You keep saying that they have a problem and DE should fix it. That's the same as saying "Fix the badly done PvP". And again problem is not that the PvP is badly done, it's that it's PvP which is not something that most of the community seems to have any interest in. 

14 minutes ago, Genesix6 said:

I wonder why people not interested in PvP, is it because unbalanced, is it because its cluncky, Is it because the player just keep jumping around.

Mainly because it's PvP, and if you start trying to remove the things that make it "Warframe" and add the things that make it "For Honor" then most of the people who want to play "Warframe" will be uninterested in that content? 

16 minutes ago, Genesix6 said:

The only thing I would see the problem is the P2P server and the netcode problem

Then perhaps you missed the majority of the replies that you have gotten from others on threads dealing with PvP. They do explain a rather significant problem. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

None of that has anything to do with PvP. Nor does it address the fact that the mechanics in our game is completely different to what you are trying to copy and paste from. You might have an easier time going to whoever makes For Honor and asking them to add extreme parkour, and crazy space ninja weapons. 

At least there you won't have the resistance to PvP, and maybe they can explain why it won't work in a way that you will understand better. 

You keep saying that they have a problem and DE should fix it. That's the same as saying "Fix the badly done PvP". And again problem is not that the PvP is badly done, it's that it's PvP which is not something that most of the community seems to have any interest in. 

Mainly because it's PvP, and if you start trying to remove the things that make it "Warframe" and add the things that make it "For Honor" then most of the people who want to play "Warframe" will be uninterested in that content? 

Then perhaps you missed the majority of the replies that you have gotten from others on threads dealing with PvP. They do explain a rather significant problem. 

Wow, it looks like someone didn't bother to read my statement or idea that I posted and there is not much of copy paste, since melee 3.0 is basically for Honor. Wow I guess blocking air combo are copy paste, wow I guess rolling to prevent being vunerable.

No I didn't, I said " PvP modes such as Conclaive or lunaro are badly done by DE, and they never really fix the problem". Does this sound "fix the badly done PvP"?

DE basically copied the whole gameplay into PvP, without making sure that there is no problem, like Todd Howard's says "it just works"

What is there to be remove exactly when you only adding something?

The only thing I would see the problem is the P2P server and the netcode problem

This comment is referring to this PvP idea not the current one. I am fully aware of what's the problem of the current PvP problem.

1 minute ago, Genesix6 said:

Wow, it looks like someone didn't bother to read my statement or idea that I posted and there is not much of copy paste, since melee 3.0 is basically for Honor. Wow I guess blocking air combo are copy paste, wow I guess rolling to prevent being vunerable.

No I didn't, I said " PvP modes such as Conclaive or lunaro are badly done by DE, and they never really fix the problem". Does this sound "fix the badly done PvP"?

DE basically copied the whole gameplay into PvP, without making sure that there is no problem, like Todd Howard's says "it just works"

What is there to be remove exactly when you only adding something?

The only thing I would see the problem is the P2P server and the netcode problem

This comment is referring to this PvP idea not the current one. I am fully aware of what's the problem of the current PvP problem.

Sigh. 😧

No, friend. I did read your post and did respond to it. You seem to be caught up with how wonderful you think your idea could be.

You don't seem to recognise that others don't feel the same way. I'll give you some time to figure it out. 

51 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Sigh. 😧

No, friend. I did read your post and did respond to it. You seem to be caught up with how wonderful you think your idea could be.

You don't seem to recognise that others don't feel the same way. I'll give you some time to figure it out. 

You said melee 3.0 none of that has nothing to do with PvP, why do you think what my post was actually? Because it uses melee 3.0 as it core base. 

1 minute ago, Genesix6 said:

You said melee 3.0 none of that has nothing to do with PvP, why do you think what my post was actually? Because it uses melee 3.0 as it core base. 

No mate, it uses PvP as it's core base. Melee 3.0 just happened to look like a good fit for how to bring For Honor into Warframe, by making people not able to do most of the stuff that they do in Warframe. 

The problem with your idea is "PvP". 

2 hours ago, Genesix6 said:

I wonder why people not interested in PvP, is it because unbalanced, is it because its cluncky, Is it because the player just keep jumping around.

You might want to rephrase the wording in that sentence to:

"I wonder why people who want to play PVP are not interested in Warframe's PVP,........." 

Because the rest, the overwhelming majority of Warframe's playerbase, are not and never will be remotely interested in playing PVP.  There is no carrot on a stick big enough to change their minds. They are here because Warframe isn't about pvp. I believe that is what Guzmantt is getting at.

In the beginning, it had no pvp at all. Just a simplistic 1v1 in dojos. Warframe at that point already established itself as a PVE haven. Then trough the years multiple (failed) attempts at pvp were developed. I think the current conclave is like the fourth attempt at pvp so far?  Yet people are still asking for a 5th try thinking that will change something. All these failed attempts cost time and money.  They can't casually keep doing this over and over wasting money. I don't even want to know how much of a financial loss Trials was, designing all those maps to only remove them later.  (I'm not buying that "they will return" feedback.  They're not.)

The numbers you want to have in Warframe pvp are just not attainable.  [Power fantasy game genre] + [pvp genre] do not mix. One of the two has to sacrifice its identity to make it all work. And after doing that, you are then no longer playing Warframe but something else. And since people are here to play Warframe and not something else..... you see the problem here? Just like Archwing, conclave has a way too small player base who enjoys these game modes. This will forever stay so. I seriously doubt Railjack will change how people view Archwings, as from what we have seen they are only used as a simple taxi to travel between ships. Their control scheme will likely remain the same.

Warframe is about to be 9 years old soon.  If they haven't been able to develop a successful pvp after this long time..... gotta be realistic here. I just don't see it happening. Just enjoy conclave for what it is.

Edited by MystMan

11 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

No mate, it uses PvP as it's core base. 

The post I made is PvP but the core base of tis game play is melee 3.0

12 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Melee 3.0 just happened to look like a good fit for how to bring For Honor into Warframe, by making people not able to do most of the stuff that they do in Warframe. 

What, what does melee 3.0 does not allow people to do thing exactly

15 minutes ago, Genesix6 said:

The post I made is PvP but the core base of tis game play is melee 3.0

What, what does melee 3.0 does not allow people to do thing exactly

Melee 3.0 isn't the issue, its that you want to create a  PvP mode, force melee only (which by definition means removing quite a lot of the things that make up the game of Warframe), and don't seem to be grasping the fact that the community is rather vocally against PvP. 

If you figure that PvP isn't at the core of your idea, take that part out. See if it still works. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Melee 3.0 isn't the issue, its that you want to create a  PvP mode, force melee only (which by definition means removing quite a lot of the things that make up the game of Warframe), and don't seem to be grasping the fact that the community is rather vocally against PvP. 

If you figure that PvP isn't at the core of your idea, take that part out. See if it still works. 

As far I know this to prevent people jumping around while shooting (one of the thing that you see in conclave, is that people just jumping around and shooting player) and this also leads to the point where you don't use the melee anymore because it's risky. However I can understand some of the aspect of not allowing to use something., The idea of only melee, is to encourage player to get close to the enemies, (in conclave, if you play on one of the maps that has a higher ground, you can snipe constantly because you can see everything in above which a lot of player never really use melee weapon)

Yes PvP is the core of the idea, but it's not the core gameplay.