Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can you let Zephyr cancel Tail Wind by sliding again?

Naftal

Before the rework, you could cancel Tail Wind midflight by sliding whenever you wanted. This made her flying very fluid as you weren't always forced to do the whole distance.

I really can't enjoy the rework when her basic function was gutted like this.

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PS4)RenovaKunumaru:

All Zephyr tweaks, suggestions, and quality of life changes are to be ignored. 

Zephyr good as is, best plains frame. Needs no changes, sorry.

How can one be this unfriendly ?

Her Tailwind defenitley needs some QoL, so you won't dash the whole Duration into walls and the like.

• Like 4

I use Zephyr a lot and I'd love to have a way to cancel tail wind, any way, be it tapping the ability again, sliding, rolling, whatever. As of now she's a joy to play in the open worlds and a pain in the closed maps, the ability to cancel tail wind would help a lot with that. 

2 hours ago, Naneel said:

Her Tailwind defenitley needs some QoL, so you won't dash the whole Duration into walls and the like.

Forgive my friend, they've been through... oh, years of this.

And by that I mean that dear Renova up there was one of the most active and thoughtful thread contributors and starters for the years leading up to Zephyr's one and only Rework, only to have all of that work, all of the effort, completely swept away by the loudest, the shoutiest, and the least thought-out threads that popped up immediately that DE said they were looking at Zephyr at last.

The Rework that happened didn't solve half of the problems that we wanted, created new ones that we didn't need, and even introduced problems that we had literally predicted would be a problem when they were discussed before multiple times over (such as the aim-differentiated switch from Tailwind to Dive Bomb).

So some people are jaded. Some are still positive. I was there, I went through all of it the same as they did, but... Honestly it's just beating a dead horse right now.

DE really don't seem to care about Zephyr, haven't for years. And that upsets quite a few of us.

Its quite a shame that he is right, i have not seen his thread but seen a lot of them all over the forums just to be ignored completely.

Nobody in the world can convince me that Scott took a single minute to read any of the suggestions on Zephyr and evaluate how they played in the game.

No, I don't expect the developers to read every single post and thread on every Warframe in the forums, however this is the feedback section.

When it was Zephyrs turn to get a rework I expected them to at least take a look in the feedback section for feedback on Zephyr. Search "Zephyr", pull up threads on Zephyr. I made sure to attempt to actively participate in 95% of them. And the ones I didn't, I know people who had like-minded feedback and did post.

DE did not read them at all. Whoever Scott instructed to look for feedback on Zephyr, they failed. They failed completely and take their position and DE for granted with their lackluster performance.

4 minutes ago, Naneel said:

Wouldn't this give you even more reason to vote for a rework/changes/tweaks to her ?

People work in funny ways. For me? I haven't given up, and I think that the frame can be improved, can be saved.

For others, they're upset enough about the situation that they'll go out of the way to remind everyone of it, and also to specifically mention the idiot lines that they've heard ever since the Rework that somehow are supposed to instantly negate the point of view (like; 'but she's good on the Plains'... because that's somehow a compensation for not being controllable in the other 98% of the game's content...).

But, while I'm here, might as well talk about the topic.

9 hours ago, Naftal said:

Before the rework, you could cancel Tail Wind midflight by sliding whenever you wanted. This made her flying very fluid as you weren't always forced to do the whole distance.

I really can't enjoy the rework when her basic function was gutted like this.

You been away Naft? I haven't seen you in a hot month or so ^^ (I had a name change, I know, it's confusing, I used to be Thaylien...)

Since DE did remove this function, I think we could make a bit of progress by working with what they added.

The Hover that we have could quite easily be a 'hold' like the tap/hold functions on other frames, instead of the current multi-second squat-to-charge, and be capable of casting in the air. Give it an actual Duration we can mod, and let us cast it while moving? Yeah, we could Tailwind towards somewhere, instantly stop in the Hover, do whatever we wanted from there... Would also work if we clip a wall or ceiling, stopping us so we can just roll out or re-aim as we want.

What do you think?

16 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

People work in funny ways. For me? I haven't given up, and I think that the frame can be improved, can be saved.

For others, they're upset enough about the situation that they'll go out of the way to remind everyone of it, and also to specifically mention the idiot lines that they've heard ever since the Rework that somehow are supposed to instantly negate the point of view (like; 'but she's good on the Plains'... because that's somehow a compensation for not being controllable in the other 98% of the game's content...).

Yeah, I have been making a mockery of Zephyr since the rewoek because of how silly this has become. She didn't get a rework. She got gimmicks that did not fix anything.

The part that bugs me the most is how everyone said Zephyr was terrible prior to her rework and she's virtually the same and praised by those same people.

39 minutes ago, Naneel said:

Wouldn't this give you even more reason to vote for a rework/changes/tweaks to her ?

I think this would have been reasonable if this rework wasn't preceded by years of people requesting a rework. Not weeks. Not Months. Years. Countless feedback threads, comments in devstreams and posts in various places culminated in current Zephyr. It's an iteration so absurdly disconnected from the feedback that was offered and the exisiting material showing how players experienced Zephyr that it literally makes no sense. If you look at it in quality assurance terms, I honestly cannot fathom what play instance in the current game that this version of Zephyr was tested in that it got a thumbs up from everyone around the table to roll out out of the door. Given that, I think some of the most passionate parts of the Zephyr playerbase are just completely disillusioned with DE. When people say "DE doesn't care about Zephyr" it comes off as overly dramatic. Yet, if I compare this rework to other recent ones that get iterations as players experience it, Zephyr by contrast has so completely fallen off the immediate todo list that one can only assume that whatever feedback has been offered since the rework, DE plainly regards it as irrelevant. That's just sad.

12 hours ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

The part that bugs me the most is how everyone said Zephyr was terrible prior to her rework and she's virtually the same and praised by those same people.

Although what does please me is that she's no longer in the bottom 10 for usage. Doesn't mean anything if those people now using her are the ones saying 'but she's good in the landscapes'... but if those are actual newer players who never gave her the chance before and see the potential? Then I'm happy with all of them joining us ^^

Unless they come in here asking why Zephyr doesn't fly... then they can all burn in heck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Although what does please me is that she's no longer in the bottom 10 for usage. Doesn't mean anything if those people now using her are the ones saying 'but she's good in the landscapes'... but if those are actual newer players who never gave her the chance before and see the potential? Then I'm happy with all of them joining us ^^

Unless they come in here asking why Zephyr doesn't fly... then they can all burn in heck.

LOL.. Honestly I just used hydroid and his wave ability for landscapes because I never made Zephyr because of all the people bad mouthing the frame as much as I saw it. Made her recently and haven't used her still.. I think??(might be wrong).As an Atlas main I am the bottom 10 so.. it kinda made me laugh in the sad way.

6 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Unfortunately, usage does equate to frames getting revised. The only thing that appears to matter is what is profitable at the time. 
Heck, look at the small changes Vauban got Just because they thought it might bolster sales even a tiny bit even though the changes were abysmal at best.

When it came to Zephyrs rework, I didnt specifically want my changes or your changes to be the all or nothing decision when it came to Zephyrs turn for a rework. All I wanted were changes that made sense. What DE offered were terrible overall.

But I expect nothing less now. As a matter of fact, after watching that other guy beg for Ash changes, (forgot his name) and having DE do nothing to make bladestorm a better skill, I find asking for Zephyr changes almost laughable atm.

5 hours ago, VencirGan said:

Made her recently and haven't used her still.. I think??(might be wrong).

Give her a try, my friend, you may actually be surprised.

If you love Atlas, then you definitely love getting up in the enemy's face and the ability he has to both CC and restore his own health and tankiness from that CC, and that might bias you a little against Zephyr's style buuuut... Air frame has different style to Rock frame, who would have guessed? ^^

In any case, if you're not going to be too much into her, then build her with all positives, a little bit of Strength, a little Efficiency and good Range, and then a lot of Duration. Always have Turbulence on, don't cast Tailwind unless you have a really good line of sight, and always jump before you use Airburst (it costs 50% when you're in the air). Tornado is a bit of a random thing, but can be steered and you can pump damage into the funnels when it captures an enemy for some really, really good Status and damage spread (just remember, dead bodies also float, so check you're not re-killing a dead one).

With a good range on Turbulence and simply jumping away from enemies that get closer (or smacking them with CC) you'll almost never die as Zephyr, really survivable like that.

And don't be put off by the low gravity. Zephyr can steer in the air, and in the air may feel slower, but you're going Sprinting speed or faster almost all the time. So jump earlier to get over things, because you can always extend her air time, but floating down takes some time, meaning you might get stuck on lower objects like doors if you don't compensate by dropping down earlier.

Zephyr is all about doing things at your pace, not the enemy's. They want to shoot at you? Fine, all day long. They want to go somewhere? Nope. Ragdoll them with bursts or tornado funnels. They start mobbing you with melee units? You can leap into the air and aim-glide around for days, bouncing off the walls for jump refreshes and even a wall-cling sniper perch.

Plus, if you stand on a Defense objective? As long as you whack-a-mole the units as they arrive, nothing can hurt it from range. So go have fun!

1 hour ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

As a matter of fact, after watching that other guy beg for Ash changes, (forgot his name)

Hmm... Nazrethim and (PS4)Riko something... But there's not a lot of us.

With you and the others not posting as much, that kind of leaves me on Zephyr, there's DeMonkey on Wukong too, but I'm not familiar with anyone that's a really iconic rework thread writer outside of those... nobody seems to be consistent on Ember, or Vauban... or Nyx. There's just not a lot of us who seem to still care after years.

On 2019-01-14 at 9:26 PM, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

Yeah, I have been making a mockery of Zephyr since the rewoek because of how silly this has become. She didn't get a rework. She got gimmicks that did not fix anything.

It because the white knights are doing fast work on praising anything DE puts out. I remember the first variation of revenant was also praised that his theme was done well.

DE: -Hey guys heres a weapon what consumes 3 ammo to shoot out a slow moving projectile with self-damage dealing 50 impact damage with 0 crit and status chance!

Normal playerbase: -What the f

White knights before anybody could react: Looks and feels great! Deals good damage, absolutely love it!

• Like 1

It's been almost a year now and there has been 0 changes since the last tweak on her ability set adding the "synergy" of halved costs when cast in air.

I can't even find any more words on how to complain about the whole Zephyr rework fiasco, generally the Warframes Revisited was a mess, can't really speak much about Ash or Chroma, but for Atlas and Ember they just did a buncha excuses for tweaks...

Edited by ScytodiDaedalus
Remove dead space(?)

4 hours ago, ScytodiDaedalus said:

It's been almost a year now and there has been 0 changes since the last tweak on her ability set adding the "synergy" of halved costs when cast in air.

I can't even find any more words on how to complain about the whole Zephyr rework fiasco, generally the Warframes Revisited was a mess, can't really speak much about Ash or Chroma, but for Atlas and Ember they just did a buncha excuses for tweaks...

Congratulations, you are now a Zephyr veteran, this is the line, you found it.

6 hours ago, Caelward said:

Congratulations, you are now a Zephyr veteran, this is the line, you found it.

This reality kills me from within. Although I had actually nigh completely stopped playing Zephyr since the Rework, picking her back up since about a month because I simply needed to play her, and still do.