Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NIDUS - Adaptation Umbral Build

Buhrserk

Hey there folks, today I wanted to discuss my first test to an Endgame NIDUS Adaptation build, with the additional use of Umbral mods. It should be noted that unless Umbral Forma are introduced, you will NOT be able to make use of the Maximum rank of all 8 Mods without using Steel Charge in place of Growing Power.

Steel Charge or not, you will be entirely unable to utilize the Exilus slot until a way to polarize Umbra slots are introduced, that being said, here's my first rendition of this build:

2d078a13a8b3f444e6fb62029d40e4b6.jpg

Aura used for this build preferably would be Growing Power for the extra Power Strength on top of your already fantastic 224%, though this can be switched for Steel Charge for an extra four mod points, or repolarized to be used with Corrosive Projection.

Very bare-bones, the build utilizes Rank 8 Umbral Vitality combined with a Rank 5 Umbral Fiber to give Nidus a huge boost to Health and Armor.

Maxed Augur Reach and Stretch will allow Nidus to maintain a solid 175% Range on his Larva, as well as Maxed Transient Fortitude and Rank 8 Umbral Intensify to  increase Nidus's power strength for better scaling into the endgame (120+ units).

Primed Continuity at Rank 8 is applied to negate the effects of Transient Fortitude's duration reduction, allowing for decent up-time on Ravenous & Parasitic Link.

Finally, Adaptation at Rank 8, allowing for a 9% Damage Reduction per stack, at a maximum duration of 18 seconds per respective damage type.

Things I would change!

Obviously being able to use that Exilus slot would be wonderful, most likely for a Cunning Drift to maximize NIDUS's effective range just that much more.

Given the opportunity to add additional Forma onto Nidus, I would Forma both range mod slots to be able to add Ranks to existing mods, totaling for a maximum of 7 extra points (without Steel Charge), allowing the addition of a Maxed Primed Continuity and Adaptation, and an upgraded Rank 8 Umbral Fiber.

To add to this, it should be noted that if you DO decide to switch Growing Power for Steel Charge, Umbral Intensify and Umbral Vitality should be prioritized to be maxed BEFORE Umbral Fiber.

Finally, to anyone who's paid attention to the Arcane meta as of recent, in combination with Adaptation, a minimum of one Maxed Arcane Grace, if possible two. If you're not capable of possessing two maxed Arcane Graces, the second one would most likely benefit more as a Maxed Arcane Guardian.

Content and Gear Priority

I've slammed this build together, and even without the proper Arcanes, it is very capable at clearing scaled endless content such as Arbitration. That being said, seeing as NIDUS has far less health than something such as Inaros, it would be worth investing into a Zaw using the Life Strike mod, or the Hirudo fist weapon with a Blood Rush build, for the stacking regeneration.

6eb8377fd534e88a5f5ea104df1b20a9.png

(A VERY un-optimized build that I've used while experimenting in Arbitration, will likely be socketing additional Forma to maximize potential damage output.)

It should be noted that the general build with Nidus shown above is capable of clearing the entire starchart, however does suffer at the hand of missions with a drought of enemies, as his stack building (and thus his main source of damage reduction) are typically going to be slower than preferred.

NOTE: I am by NO means an expert in revolutionizing builds, that being said, any of you who are more adept than myself, please do let me know if there are things about this build that I haven't previously mentioned that can be changed to make Nidus more efficient.

• Like 1

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Replace trans fort with blind rage and augur reach (or stretch if you don’t want to spend another forma) with rage

I understand where that is going in my mind, however, without any efficiency buffers such as Streamline, wouldn't that kill his ability to combo efficiently without an Energy mod like Flow?

Just now, StrykerVI said:

I understand where that is going in my mind, however, without any efficiency buffers such as Streamline, wouldn't that kill his ability to combo efficiently without an Energy mod like Flow?

then replace primed continuity with primed flow. Nidus benefits from lower duration as Larva tends to glitch out a bit and stay when all enemies in it are dead or there’s one enemy stuck on the terrain. It’s annoying to have to wait out a long timer.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

then replace primed continuity with primed flow. Nidus benefits from lower duration as Larva tends to glitch out a bit and stay when all enemies in it are dead or there’s one enemy stuck on the terrain. It’s annoying to have to wait out a long timer.

So, obviously some modwork needs to be done on my part, but something like this would look the part in your opinion?

f4d68f06c0f34e4a0bb257f1d6e0e2a6.jpg

2 hours ago, StrykerVI said:

So, obviously some modwork needs to be done on my part, but something like this would look the part in your opinion?

f4d68f06c0f34e4a0bb257f1d6e0e2a6.jpg

forma 2 time on area stretch and flow, then add the mod for that empty spot this mod

latest?cb=20171007153644

that will help pretty sure fine to be.  Then again you can trade flow with

latest?cb=20171030145648

Mad house rampage overkill?  Yes, why not just try?

Spoiler

shrug-meme-1024x576-1.jpg?resize=620,330

Its almost 300, but 280% strength power, but if you add that grow aura mod that is also 15% addtional you have 295% then you got another raw power from all that.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

RVhHDaK.jpg

This is what I use for my Nidus. Ignore forma count, was messing with different builds over time. I like Vigilante Pursuit since it lets you locate enemies for best possible Larva pulls a lot faster. You could use Augur Secrets instead of Reach and Power Drift instead of VP for more power strength, but that isn't really that much necessary. Ideally you would want Arcane Grace instead of Energize but I don't have much of those. 

You don't want too much range since enemies can get stuck and it will prevent you from recasting Larva. For same reason, you don't want too much duration.

Edited by Bristoling
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-01-17 at 10:08 PM, Bristoling said:

RVhHDaK.jpg

This is what I use for my Nidus. Ignore forma count, was messing with different builds over time. I like Vigilante Pursuit since it lets you locate enemies for best possible Larva pulls a lot faster. You could use Augur Secrets instead of Reach and Power Drift instead of VP for more power strength, but that isn't really that much necessary. Ideally you would want Arcane Grace instead of Energize but I don't have much of those. 

You don't want too much range since enemies can get stuck and it will prevent you from recasting Larva. For same reason, you don't want too much duration.

You dont need Flow when you have Rage. Replace Primed Flow with Primed Continuity and youre set. More duration for your 3 and 4 is nice. Thats my EXACT build.

Full Umbral yes. Range yes. Power strength yes. Adaptation no. 

Adaptation is fairly broken/unreliable. For instance, it doesn't work in Mot at all. Lots of players have already tested this. It's an entirely useless mod. I've been making plat off players who aren't  aware of this. Secondly, with all the stacks and 90% DR, Nidus doesn't need Adaption. I've done 90min+ Arbies with him and 70min+ Mots without breaking a sweat. Just add more power strength, or even range. I use Augur Secrets in the spare  mod slot. He literally doesn't need anything else. Not efficiency, not energy. Continuity ok.

Anyway, I like your thinking with Adaptation. I ran a full Umbral Adaptation Broberon for a while, until I learned the mod is broken. Good build overall.

Toroid farming against the obnoxious LVL 125 Corpus in OV is an entirely different ball game, cuz the parasitic link gets cancelled by bubbles constantly.

Weapon wise - Hirudo for the emergency heal, Pox for stripping armor, and viral/slash Synapse for the beefy lvl150+ mobs but I hardly ever use it. Using a primary weapon on Nidus feels...so wrong.

Nidus is a God frame and my main. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Ikyr0

First off...

5f65e73e350d112ead359d31cb0c96923523a3e1

Secondly..

33 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

Adaptation is fairly broken/unreliable. For instance, it doesn't work in Mot at all

Nobody does Mot anymore...and of course it wont be useful in situations where you're being hit with every damage type.  It does well for 1 faction at a time.

2 hours ago, Orblit said:

First off...

5f65e73e350d112ead359d31cb0c96923523a3e1

Secondly..

Nobody does Mot anymore...and of course it wont be useful in situations where you're being hit with every damage type.  It does well for 1 faction at a time.

it's not just Mot though. just Google it, lots of threads. Apparently it doesn't really proc for puncture and slash damage. the mod also randomly stops working.

Edited by Ikyr0

1 hour ago, Ikyr0 said:

it's not just Mot though. just Google it, lots of threads. Apparently it doesn't really proc for puncture and slash damage. the mod also randomly stops working.

Never heard about it not proccing on puncture, but it never has proc'd for slash's bleed ticks, just the initial shot/machete slap.
And it only applies to the enemy's highest damage type..so things like the grineer with their mostly balanced out weapons will only trigger 90% reduction toward 1/3 of the damage types.