Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SERVERS...

(XBOX)ZHybrid5

I love warframe.  Been playing al

most two years but whats really getting to me is the getting kicked all the time.  1 hour index run I get kicked with only 6 minutes left.   Several different eidolon hunts and I get kicked either right when its time to cap the hyrdo or right when we grab the loot then boom...BOOTED.  If I cant survive the servers fr a hour then why play?  Im beyond small missions.  Its endurance runs, hunts, arbitration etc all these modes require 30 minutes or more at a time and to ge tkicked at the very end makes me want to go to WWEK2k19 or even try out anthem and I've played norhing but warframe mainly for 2 years.  I support tennocon and buy the occsional accessory pack and I get kicked at the very end of hour runs on the regular now and it cant be internet issues.  Please fix the servers.  I've seen warframe grow and I suppor this game but the servers are starting to be unreliable and it just makes veteran players wander off into other games.  I don't wanna leave frame because I'm anticipating Ivara Prime but at this rate I wont even make it to Equinox because it is really annoying having done all the grinding and encouragment of community growth then  suddenly you're getting kicked every other 10 20 minutes.  No complaints on the gameplay... the servers though.......................

37 minutes ago, Dark_Lugia said:

Warframe has no servers for regular missions XD
It´s peer to peer...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/84gbrp/warframes_peertopeer_networking_and_why_its_a/

Not completely true, I agreed that the game is peer to peer, no doubt, but whoever first start the mission and becomes HOST in this case he must to be directly connected to server that can get WF data to play, all other players are peer's who joining in mission (attach on Host connection)!

So you cant say that WF doesnt have servers, cuz have.

Just a quick note to give the basic points that covers here:

1. Game instances in warframe are hosted by individuals, specifically player 1 in a mission.
  2. If you fail to connect to them, be it their internet or yours that's the issue, that's when issues will arise. It has nothing to do with servers hosted by DE
  3. DE tries to mitigate when the host loses connection by host migrating, but that's complex and error-prone, so don't expect it to always work. It is at least better than nothing
  4. Warframe as a free game can't afford to pay for servers to host games for everyone. If we all paid 15 bucks a month for warframe, it'd be a different story. But we don't, so this is the result.

To try and minimize issues, here is what I do:

1. I configure my internet and PC as much as possible (open the needed ports, give my PC a static local IP so they can remain forwarded for it, among other things)
  2. I set my max ping in warframe's settings as low as possible
  3. I host as much as possible because I know my internet is good, and I am in the region in which I'm recruiting (as opposed to ppl from across the world who use different regions' chats to find other players, but often cause bad experiences as a result. fyi if you do this, please only LF missions in recruit chat, not H)
  4. I go solo or inv only whenever possible, so I can control who is host
    1. inv only the person who created the lobby is almost always host, unless their network is REALLY bad
    2. solo you are always host, + you can pause (in non open-world missions)

2 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Not completely true, I agreed that the game is peer to peer, no doubt, but whoever first start the mission and becomes HOST in this case he must to be directly connected to server that can get WF data to play, all other players are peer's who joining in mission (attach on Host connection)!

So you cant say that WF doesnt have servers, cuz have.

FOR REGULAR MISSIONS...

Please read before arguing unnecessarily. Warframe has "listen servers" as some games have branded them. They orchestrate matchmaking, and handle rewards, etc. But individuals host missions

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tarfeef101 said:

FOR REGULAR MISSIONS...

Please read before arguing unnecessarily. Warframe has "listen servers" as some games have branded them. They orchestrate matchmaking, and handle rewards, etc. But individuals host missions

DEVS have "Listen Servers"!?

Where did u that hear?

Do u have any idea what is Listen and Main Server!

43 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

DEVS have "Listen Servers"!?

Where did u that hear?

Do u have any idea what is Listen and Main Server!

according to wikipedia... listen servers are exactly how warframe runs. P2P connection by players and a server to handle matchmaking, rewards, etc. Do YOU have any idea?

47 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

Do YOU have any idea?

I dont have idea, I have a question for you!

Tell me from where u running the game!?

If the game doesnt have servers, ask yourself "Why DEVS upgrading servers"!?

Are they upgrading they PC's or Servers!?

Are they upgrading client maybe....?

Listening Servers are something else and Main server is other thing.

So, you and anyone else cannot say: "Warframe doesnt have servers cuz they have"!

Now tell me what they upgrading:
PSA - PC Server Upgrades Commencing

PSA Upcoming Server Upgrades [DONE]

PC Server Upgrades October 11th @ 9AM [COMPLETE!]

Warframe Servers Maintenance Incoming!

11 minutes ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

I dont have idea

:facepalm:None of us said they don't have servers lmao. We said Warframe does not use servers for player sessions, but for logins, rewards, matchmaking etc... NOT GAME SESSIONS. Whoever has a 1 next to their name is hosting the game and therefore their connection quality is your connection quality. Warframe uses listen SERVERS (oh my god i said it uses servers again, are you gonna say otherwise AGAIN?).

I feel like English isn't your primary language and you're having difficulties understanding us.

Edited by AXCrusnik

13 hours ago, tarfeef101 said:

FOR REGULAR MISSIONS...

Is it the same arrangement, whether you play on PC or console?

I was just wondering whether console players would be hosted on the Microsoft / Sony / Nintendo cloud servers?

Just noticed that OP is an X-Box player is all...

Edited by FlusteredFerret

14 hours ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Login servers, hub servers, data-base servers etc. They have no mission servers.

When you head into a mission the only server help you have is a matchmaking server that helps you find 3 other people of similar connection (or so it should be). Once the handshaking and all that is done you get thrown into the mission where one of you have become the host. At this point you are disconnected from the matchmaking server and rely on pure peer-to-peer for the mission. After the mission is done you get reconnected back to a WF server in order for your progression to get saved on their data base servers.

5 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Is it the same arrangement, whether you play on PC or console?

I was just wondering whether console players would be hosted on the Microsoft / Sony / Nintendo cloud servers?

Just noticed that OP is an X-Box player is all...

It should be the same. At least for xbox/playstation. I've used them before, and they certainly don't provide dedicated servers for all games. Not sure about nintendo, but i suspect it's the same there too. anyone with knowledge of console feel free to correct/elaborate, though

Ok well excuse me for not knowing the proper terminology and mechanics... The POINT of the story is I dont get kicked no wher near as much on other games compared to Warframe which is my most favorite game.   No need to be funny about it.  If someone is ignorant to the mechanics then educate them. Always thought that was the more mature thing however this is the internet.  I dont even know how to make this the reply to the statement above but one would believe you know what I'm trying to say.