Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Machete Wraith, I have a more deadly toothpick

(XBOX)KayAitch

The Machete Wraith was in Baro's console loadout this week, and I bought it because I'm working on MR and need every weapon.

But, what is this garbage? No crit, no status, no damage. I'd use it to open letters but the mail's all electronic.

Who is supposed to benefit from this Baro-only weapon?

• Like 1

Well it is a mastery 1 weapon... mastery does in fact correlate to a weapons usefulness, so you are playing with pretty much the absolute lowest tier of weapon.

The entire machete archetype is rather trash tbh. 

Also it wasn't Baro only before - it was event only, so the only benefit now is that you can get the MR from Baro if you missed the event it was in - otherwise the weapon is worth nothing and should be deleted when maxed. 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Well it is a mastery 1 weapon

Yeah, because MR1 players have hundreds of K credits and a few hundred ducats.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Also it wasn't Baro only before - it was event only, so the only benefit now is that you can get the MR from Baro if you missed the event it was in

Ah, it's one of those.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

otherwise the weapon is worth nothing and should be deleted when maxed

That's my plan! Just a little surprised about just how pathetic a weapon this hard to get actually is.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Well it is a mastery 1 weapon... mastery does in fact correlate to a weapons usefulness, so you are playing with pretty much the absolute lowest tier of weapon.

The entire machete archetype is rather trash tbh. 

Also it wasn't Baro only before - it was event only, so the only benefit now is that you can get the MR from Baro if you missed the event it was in - otherwise the weapon is worth nothing and should be deleted when maxed. 

Kreska, Gazal, technically Nami Solo and any Zaw ones are ok since Cyclone Kraken exists.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Yeah, because MR1 players have hundreds of K credits and a few hundred ducats.

Woah, woah, woah - I never said MR1 players have those funds or that the price is reasonable - but the reality is it's balanced for MR1 tier weapons.  They balance their weapons by an MR category.   It's just one of those ancient weapons that's been in the game 5 years and never got any real love, it's been bad since it first came out - really could use a buff.  

Edited by (PS4)lagrue
  • Like 1

On 2019-02-09 at 4:23 AM, Tiltskillet said:

I'm not selling mine until I have a better idea what the melee overhaul has in store

On 2019-02-09 at 5:09 PM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Don't. Not until the melee rework drops

I don't think the melee overhaul is going to make much difference here. Even if machetes as a class become good the Machete Wraith remains a poor comparison to everything else in the category.

Except for the Machete - I expect that to be cardboard, but does anyone know how to get hold of one?

1 hour ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

I don't think the melee overhaul is going to make much difference here.

I wouldn't expect so either, but there's a chance.  And I've got the slots.

1 hour ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Except for the Machete - I expect that to be cardboard, but does anyone know how to get hold of one?

According to the wiki, random login blueprint reward.  

The thing is that there is not JUST an overhaul of melee classes coming up. God knows how long it'll take them, but there's also supposed to be an entire sweeping balance pass of all of the melee weapons, like the one that happened for primaries and secondaries last year. They said the melee balance pass would be coming with 3.0...

but, again, it could be six months before that ACTUALLY happens.