Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

daikyu

Bodvar_Brown

15 minutes ago, Bodvar_Brown said:

HERE SOME THING FOR YOU GUYS IF I PUT CRASH COURSE ON MY DIAKYU THE IMPACT GOSE UP AS WELL AS CORROSIVE WHY IS THAT NOT GOOD

This is because the mods such as Crash Course and similar IPS mods only really effect the weight of the status proc of the weapon and not it's actual damage output.  So by you raising the Impact proc weight on the Daikyu is actually lessening it's chances of getting more Slash bleed procs.  Bleed being the better status overall.  Also the Daikyu has innate impact procs anyway so Crash Course is really wasting a mod slot.  

On you newest build here's what to drop and why.  

Continuous Misery-  Drop this as it's wasting a mod slot that something else can be using.  Use  Split Chamber instead. 

Other than that, it looks like you will have a decent status focused Daikyu.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

8 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

@DatDarkOne what would you think of replacing speed trigger with vile acceleration?

I kinda avoid using it because of the decrease in damage.  The trade off just isn't worth it IMO. 

edit:  The 15% may seem small at first, but after factoring in all the multipliers and other bonuses it ends up being more damage lost than you would initially think.  that's whether it's before multipliers or after all calculations. 

Edited by DatDarkOne
clarifying.
  • Like 1

On 2019-02-25 at 3:52 PM, DatDarkOne said:

I kinda avoid using it because of the decrease in damage.  The trade off just isn't worth it IMO. 

edit:  The 15% may seem small at first, but after factoring in all the multipliers and other bonuses it ends up being more damage lost than you would initially think.  that's whether it's before multipliers or after all calculations. 

TRUE AND AGREED

On 2019-02-18 at 6:57 PM, Bodvar_Brown said:

hi i am a bow user i think the daikyu should have a buff why when i use it on like level 40-50 grineer with corrosive on it it douse not even 2 shot them so i really think it should be buffed and it just not cutting the edge for a big bow and it is spose to replesent the long bow and it not getting that damege thanks

It needs a sniper scope and a crit bonus when zoomed. Love Daikyu.

1 hour ago, (PS4)big_eviljak said:

It needs a sniper scope and a crit bonus when zoomed. Love Daikyu.

Its definitely a  cool idea, but personally I'd prefer that was implemented on a new weapon.

Would it be usable in bow sorties or sniper sorties or both?  That's what I want to know. 😛

On 2019-02-24 at 6:08 PM, Bodvar_Brown said:

Do a gas build for one. Drop continuous misery and add split chamber. Should have thermite rounds, malignant force, hellfire, and infected clip, spring loaded broad head, serration, and vigilant fervor. Imo.

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

I bet you're having a ton of fun with this, Dank one. I'll show my STRONGER Daikyu build as I get home, hon. You speak of lessening the status proc chance yet your riven has electric without even building corrosive, radiation, or magnetic. Electric damage all in all is just terrible and the CC isn't even good. 

3 hours ago, Xaxma said:

I bet you're having a ton of fun with this, Dank one. I'll show my STRONGER Daikyu build as I get home, hon. You speak of lessening the status proc chance yet your riven has electric without even building corrosive, radiation, or magnetic. Electric damage all in all is just terrible and the CC isn't even good. 

I left the electric in because all the other rolls to get rid of it made the other stats worse.  So, I just worked with what I had and use it as additional CC proccing status for (Healing Return, Growing Power, and/or Condition Overload).  Remember that the Daikyu has this nice ability to have 3 status procs at once per shot with just Split Chamber and 100% status chance.  So I can pretty much ignore that riven stat.  😛  

I had previously learned my lesson with trying to get the "Perfect" riven roll back with my first Daikyu riven.  It also forced me to re-forma again when the polarity for the riven changed when I got a better riven.  This showed me that any rolls past the first 5-7 are really just a waste of kuva and time.  You might as well just get another unrolled riven and start again.    

e791ad12e8.png

Obviously getting a riven is ideal, preferably one with fire rate, arrow velocity, and some kind of damage or critical chance modifier, but for the meantime, until you are committed to maining this weapon as I have, I recommend you use this build instead.

With such a heavy elemental bias in Gas coupled with the 100% chance to status, you are almost guaranteed to hit gas every time, often twice even, which in of itself is a massive damage boost since it releases a proc instantly upon collision to a unit. Make sure you are emphasizing a bias on the toxic damage portion over the heat when combining the elements to make gas because the gas proc damage itself is calculated from the total toxic mods used; using 90 toxic and 60 heat will give procs that hit harder than doing 90 heat and 60 toxic. This is very important.

I personally prefer Vile Acceleration because since it is a status bow, despite its general ability to inflict massive gas proc damage with its huge base damage, the very nature of status favors rapid fire over slow single attacks, so firing more arrows as needed on high level Bombards and such would be a boon. The damage reduction here is negligible for the overall DPS boost.

Finally, the Spring-Loaded Broadhead essentially functions as a bane mod that works against all enemy types provided you shoot beyond 15m of range. This is where your skills at properly using this weapon will truly shine as it is a pretty strong boon coupled with the fact it also buffs the proc damage further. Worry not if you are not exactly 15m of range, the mod still kicks in at any range at 15m or below, it just reduces the damage boost relative to the sum. You can get this mod from the Conclave.

Edited by Xaxma

4 hours ago, Bodvar_Brown said:

OK SO WHAT RIVEN SHOULD I GET THEN FOR THE DAIKYU

I would suggest using the weapon for a good bit first to get the feel of it.  Then you will have a better idea of the rivens stats that you would want on it. 

I say this not to be mean, but to help you better understand mods, builds, and that a "God" Roll riven doesn't truly exist.  As the needs vary per person, and what's trash to one might be a God roll to another.